Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several dead in German knife attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭storker

Whereas your non post is a laughable attempt at what exactly? You’re just saying I’m wrong while making absolutely no points yourself!

So you’re saying that killing 9 million Muslims isn’t an example of another religion being violent because it was a while ago?! Right, yeah that makes loads of sense! Cop on will ya!

I think you should take a deep breath and calm down a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

The generalised bigotry and racism on this thread is head-wrecking. Looks more like the Brexit thread posts of Daily Mail articles of the ****e Brexit voters spout.

storker wrote: »
    I think you should take a deep breath and calm down a bit.

I’m calm thanks, only frustrated that you’re wasting my time with completely pointless posts not actually saying anything. You can’t answer a single question which says a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bewareofthedog

The generalised bigotry and racism on this thread is head-wrecking. Looks more like the Brexit thread posts of Daily Mail articles of the ****e Brexit voters spout.

Would it be racist to use words like myth, life lie, failure etc in describing Multiculturalism in Europe in your opinion?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

fullstop wrote: »
    Realistically you’d probably be running away ****ting yourself.

hA NO
    Not me, my hate for people like that is stronger than their hate of me.

• Advertisement

Would it be racist to use words like myth, life lie, failure etc in describing Multiculturalism in Europe in your opinion?

Can you prove multiculturalism is those things in Europe? I am friends with and work with plenty of people from other countries and other cultures.

I work for a U.K. company and hired a guy there from Iraq, his names Pesh, lovely fella, had to flee Iraq as he’s gay. He works really hard, really good guy and has had to work extremely hard to get his U.K. citizenship taking tests most Brits would fail. Should I send him back to Iraq to be thrown off a building or beheaded?? By extremist religious nuts in their own country!!

That’s the problem with generalised bigotry, you tend to miss the point and that is the vast majority or different cultures make an effort to fit in in their new country, the extremist minority are what make the news.

But yeah, let’s be bigots and say ‘the religion of peace’ and ****e like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Stihl waters

Are they cops in the second video? If they are I'd be asking serious questions about their inability to empty their ammo into him to put a stop to him, he should be hanging on a butcher's hook by now and not getting medical attention for his injuries

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

peasant wrote: »
    Nope.

The positive result was brought about by strict training, law and order.

The way it's supposed to be.

This isn't the colosseum, you don't get to vote with your thumb anymore.
    The police is there to enforce the law, not to please the plebs with a good show.

You are incorrect, it was by luck...

Law and order ?

The coliseum had rules... a nutjob going around swinging a sword cares not about rules... he has presented as a clear and deadly and immediate threat to the lives and wellbeing of the public.. the threat needed to be stopped at the nearest possible opportunity , he should have been shot... as he could have killed and injured people..

Please the ‘plebs’ with a good show ? Who are the plebs ? Who wanted a good show ? You are defending a terrorist and referring to people as plebs ? Ehhhh ok. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭storker

I’m calm thanks, only frustrated that you’re wasting my time with completely pointless posts not actually saying anything. You can’t answer a single question which says a lot!

Now that's a classic case of projection if I ever saw one...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭bewareofthedog

Can you prove multiculturalism is those things in Europe?

Those were words Angela Merkel used about the issues in Germany.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/14/angela-merkel-multiculturalism-is-a-sham/

"Multiculturalism leads to parallel societies and therefore remains a ‘life lie,’ ” or a sham, she said...

Of course the tendency had been to say, 'Let's adopt the multicultural concept and live happily side by side, and be happy to be living with each other.' But this concept has failed, and failed utterly,"

• Advertisement

storker wrote: »
    Now that's a classic case of projection if I ever saw one...

Whatever you say big man. Still waiting for you to attempt a projection of a point onto this page!!! LOL!!

Says the religion of peace generalist! So all Christians aren’t terrorists for killing 9 million Muslims but all Muslims are the ‘religion of peace’.

Hmmm what’s different between Christians and Muslims in your world eh?

The people killing Muslims, mostly American, can be of any race of creed. If you are talking about the recent wars.

Funny enough multiculturalism is largely and American invention as well. You do the math. As they say.

hA NO
    Not me, my hate for people like that is stronger than their hate of me.

Are you Kung Fu Barman from South William Street??

:P:p ( sorry couldnt resist )

Those were words Angela Merkel used about the issues in Germany.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2015/12/14/angela-merkel-multiculturalism-is-a-sham/

"Multiculturalism leads to parallel societies and therefore remains a ‘life lie,’ ” or a sham, she said...

Of course the tendency had been to say, 'Let's adopt the multicultural concept and live happily side by side, and be happy to be living with each other.' But this concept has failed, and failed utterly,"

So all of the different cultures who live happily side by side are all living a lie are they? Perhaps you should move to a country with real multiculturalism and see for yourself. Base your opinion on what you see, not what Merkel says to appease a rise in right wing voters in Germany.

I’m not saying there aren’t parts of these societies that do keep themselves separate, perhaps they do for various reasons, maybe one of those reasons is they experience bigotry and so keep to themselves, perhaps because they don’t want to because they aren’t interesting in assimilating, but from experience they are the minority and far more integrate and thrive, having lived over in Essex and working in the U.K. for over 10 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Strumms wrote: »
    ...he should have been shot...

He was shot.

and arrested

and he will stand trial

So all of the different cultures who live happily side by side are all living a lie are they? Perhaps you should move to a country with real multiculturalism and see for yourself. Base your opinion on what you see, not what Merkel says to appease a rise in right wing voters in Germany.

Ireland is fairly multicultural. Germany doesn’t really get involved in the US/U.K. wars.
    I’m not saying there aren’t parts of these societies that do keep themselves separate, perhaps they do for various reasons, maybe one of those reasons is they experience bigotry and so keep to themselves, perhaps because they don’t want to because they aren’t interesting in assimilating, but from experience they are the minority and far more integrate and thrive, having lived over in Essex and working in the U.K. for over 10 years.

Essex is pretty much white isn’t it? Anyway the U.K. seems to get less terrorism than mainland Europe despite its involvement in wars.

The people killing Muslims, mostly American, can be of any race of creed. If you are talking about the recent wars.

Funny enough multiculturalism is largely and American invention as well. You do the math. As they say.

Jaysus, one minute I’m being told the crusades are too long ago to count and now it’s recent American wars.

It isn’t an American invention, Non-native Americans are all immigrants, so by definition multicultural.

Jaysus, one minute I’m being told the crusades are too long ago to count and now it’s recent American wars.

I don’t know what you were talking about. What 9 million were you talking about?
    It isn’t an American invention, Non-native Americans are all immigrants, so by definition multicultural.

That doesn’t follow. Rather it contradicts.

Multiculturalism by the way is hogwash. The west believes in the primacy of its own culture regardless. It’s a thin skin over support for mass migration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I’m not going argue the toss on the background of the perpetrator and what role this may or may not have played in this attack. Posters views are entrenched and are unlikely to change.

What I will say is that I am shocked that this attack occurred in Wuerzburg. I studied there for my Erasmus year in my late teens back in 2003-2004 and had an amazing time. It’s a beautiful city right in the middle of German wine country. It was an incredibly safe, student-oriented city and I have immensely fond memories of my time there.

I know the square well where this attack occurred and can scarcely believe this has happened. Having said that, there was a similar, non-fatal attack at the Hauptbahnhof in Wuerzburg back in 2017, when a 17 year old Afghan asylum seeker attacked bystanders with an axe. It’s depressing to see these events occurring with increasing regularity, particularly in cities where this was scarcely conceivable 15 years ago.

By the way the crusades were in response to the Islamic invasions of once Christian lands in North Africa, the levant, and later Spain. This was the kind of thing that went on at the time. Arab forces and later Turkish forces took larger chunks of Europe and Christian lands than Europeans ever took out of Islamic lands.

The real crimes against Muslims are recent, and very real. Mostly driven by criminal US regimes.

However we should perhaps stop the bombing before we can expect Muslims to integrate in the west.

• Advertisement

peasant wrote: »
    He was shot.

and arrested

and he will stand trial

Eventually alright...3 dead 6 injured ?

However some attitudes would suggest they’d rather have police try to throw a net over him then any harm come to him... this weird perversion of protection of criminals and violent scumbags ahead of the wellbeing of ordinary citizens is bizarre and creepy.

3 dead, 6 injured ? :rolleyes:

I don’t know what you were talking about. What 9 million were you talking about?

That doesn’t follow. Rather it contradicts.

Multiculturalism by the way is hogwash. The west believes in the primacy of its own culture regardless. It’s a thin skin over support for mass migration.

That explains a lot, you’ve just hopped to the latest post and had a go.

Google the crusades.

How does it contradict that the America we have today was started by immigrants from different countries and therefore started as a multicultural society. That isn’t a contradiction it’s a fact!

As for Essex is mainly white, I just can’t even be bothered sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

Feisar wrote: »
    If only there was a European country with tough border controls we could “litmus test” against. Oh, hello Poland. Gee it’s right beside Germany, let’s run the numbers for the hell of it...

That's ludicrous talk....Poland and Hungary must be demonised...

By the way the crusades were in response to the Islamic invasions of once Christian lands in North Africa, the levant, and later Spain. This was the kind of thing that went on at the time. Arab forces and later Turkish forces took larger chunks of Europe and Christian lands than Europeans ever took out of Islamic lands.

The real crimes against Muslims are recent, and very real. Mostly driven by criminal US regimes.

However we should perhaps stop the bombing before we can expect Muslims to integrate in the west.

You’re missing my point, which was very simple and in response to multiple generalised digs at Muslims being ‘a religion of peace’, purely based on the colour of the attackers skin.

My point is………other religions have been and are just as violent. It isn’t a purely Muslim issue and to generalise that as some have is just ignorant and disgusting.

That explains a lot, you’ve just hopped to the latest post and had a go.

Google the crusades.

I don’t have to. I know what happened. Muslims invaded the levant, Christians fought back and eventually lost.
    How does it contradict that the America we have today was started by immigrants from different countries and therefore started as a multicultural society. That isn’t a contradiction it’s a fact!

I said multiculturalism is an American idea. What are you arguing here.
    As for Essex is mainly white, I just can’t even be bothered sorry!

Facts are tough. 90% white.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Eventually alright...

You do realise that the police was only called after that man grabbed a knife and started killing people?

As in ...they weren't present from the start like...

It’s 6000 kilometers from Somalia to Wurtzburg, Germany give or take....

Roughly the same distance from Dublin, Ireland to Ohio....I wonder why we don’t hear of many or, actually any tales of Irish people on a rampage with knives attacking people in shopping areas.... over in any part of the USA ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It’s 6000 kilometers from Somalia to Wurtzburg, Germany give or take....

Roughly the same distance from Dublin, Ireland to Ohio....I wonder why we don’t hear of many or, actually any tales of Irish people on a rampage with knives attacking people in shopping areas.... over in any part of the USA ?

Because Irish people would never dream of resorting to terrorism?

Never a rampage by an Irishman in Birmingham or Manchester.

But that's different of course.

I don’t have to. I know what happened. Muslims invaded the levant, Christians fought back and eventually lost.

I said multiculturalism is an American idea. What are you arguing here.

Facts are tough. 90% white.

You admitted yourself you didn’t know what I was talking about, don’t act like you know now you’ve gone back and caught yourself up! And it still proves other religions are violent! Jesus Christ you’re literally proving my point now you’re caught up.

It wasn’t an idea, is was just how it was, why are you even arguing!!

Again you miss the point, 20% of the U.K. identify as not white British, that’s nearly 14 million people, 3 times the population of here.

Listen. You’re gonna argue with whatever I say as you don’t seem to care what you say so I’ll say good luck and leave you to it.

• Advertisement

Because Irish people would never dream of resorting to terrorism?

Never a rampage by an Irishman in Birmingham or Manchester.

But that's different of course.

Literal whataboutary there. Both can be wrong.

the British did try to solve Northern Ireland with the GFA, but there is not much Germany can do except stop immigration. Who knows what was in the mind of the attacker here but if it’s a reaction to the wars against Islam then Germany can only ask the American regime to stop killing people or perhaps leave NATO.

I don’t think the crusades have anything to do with it.

Advertisement