Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several dead in German knife attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Because Irish people would never dream of resorting to terrorism?

Never a rampage by an Irishman in Birmingham or Manchester.

But that's different of course.

An argument of zero credibility....Very different, Because there have been Irish people guilty of terrorism, we shouldn’t call out terror in the world now ? Examine why it happened and how it can be eradicated ?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

Can you prove multiculturalism is those things in Europe? I am friends with and work with plenty of people from other countries and other cultures.

We've been through this here, times.

Multiculturalism is a failed policy and that has been acknowledged by European leaders.

Your friends and colleagues may be lovely people on the individual level, but that is neither here nor there.

Multiculturalism, to repeat, is acknowledged to be a failed policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Literal whataboutary there. Both can be wrong.

the British did try to solve Northern Ireland with the GFA, but there is not much Germany can do except stop immigration. Who knows what was in the mind of the attacker here but if it’s a reaction to the wars against Islam then Germany can only ask the American regime to stop killing people or perhaps leave NATO.

I don’t think the crusades have anything to do with it.

Yes both are wrong. I am replying to someone saying that Irish people never go on a rampage i am just pointing out they have.

Strumms wrote: »
    An argument of zero credibility....Very different, Because there have been Irish people guilty of terrorism, we shouldn’t call out terror in the world now ? Examine why it happened and how it can be eradicated ?

Except I didn't say we shouldn't call out terrorism.

I have no idea of what happened or why the man did it. And neither does anyone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

Multiculturalism is a failed policy and that has been acknowledged by European leaders.

Your friends and colleagues may be lovely people on the individual level, but that is neither here nor there.

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

My experiences and associations with people of different cultures is very much NOT here nor there thanks very much and that dismissal is actually quite offensive. Especially when your basing your decision on the words of ‘world leaders’ who unless your very naive, on most other subjects cannot be trusted most of the time!

I’ll take my own experiences over ‘world leaders’ who have only started saying such things as failed policy since the rise of right wing voting in these various countries. Likely based on the U.K. implosion of Brexit based on ‘those bloody foreigners come here and take all the jobs’ and ‘I’d be a brain surgeon instead of on the dole of it wasn’t for those bloody migrants’.

• Advertisement

Except I didn't say we shouldn't call out terrorism.

I have no idea of what happened or why the man did it. And neither does anyone here.

It was decided from the first page that it was because he’s brown, and therefore Muslim and therefore a terrorist.

You admitted yourself you didn’t know what I was talking about,

I didn’t know what 9 million you were talking about. That’s a ludicrous figure for the crusades. I assumed you were referring to recent attacks by the US, where it still would be exaggerated.

don’t act like you know now you’ve gone back and caught yourself up! And it still proves other religions are violent! Jesus Christ you’re literally proving my point now you’re caught up.

You clearly know very little. I didn’t say that other religions were not violent although in the crusades is a bad example.
    It wasn’t an idea, is was just how it was, why are you even arguing!!

Actually multiculturalism is an idea distinct from immigration and the melting pot which used to be the philosophy of the US. The former is divide, the latter tries to integrate.
    Again you miss the point, 20% of the U.K. identify as not white British, that’s nearly 14 million people, 3 times the population of here.

We were talking about Essex. Do you know the difference between Essex and the U.K.?
    Listen. You’re gonna argue with whatever I say as you don’t seem to care what you say so I’ll say good luck and leave you to it.

You denied that Essex was mainly white. I said it was 90% white. I was wrong. It’s 93% white. Including 3% non British white.

Anyway you don’t seem to understand the demographics of the county you lived in or the difference between Essex and the U.K. or what mainly means. Let’s leave it there.

It’s all diversionary anyway. The question with regards to immigration is, or should be, if it’s good for both the host society and the immigrant. Not either but both.

The wars against Muslim countries should stop of course but it’s often the supporters of immigration who support the wars. Liberalism wants live Muslims here to keep the wages down and dead Muslims in the Middle East. Tony Blair for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Does everyone in Britain that didnt insist on a banning of Irish people have blood on their hands from anyone killed by the IRA?

It was decided from the first page that it was because he’s brown, and therefore Muslim and therefore a terrorist.

Isn’t he a terrorist because he killed people?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

fvp4 wrote: »

Is everyone that kills people a terrorist?
    Most mass shooters in America dont get called terrorists for some strange reason..............

• Advertisement

No that's a murderer.

We have no idea what he is yet.

I didn’t know what 9 million you were talking about. That’s a ludicrous figure for the crusades. I assumed you were referring to recent attacks by the US, where it still would be exaggerated.

You clearly know very little. I didn’t say that other religions were not violent although in the crusades is a bad example.

Actually multiculturalism is an idea distinct from immigration and the melting pot which used to be the philosophy of the US. The former is divide, the latter tries to integrate.

We were talking about Essex. Do you know the difference between Essex and the U.K.?

You denied that Essex was mainly white. I said it was 90% white. I was wrong. It’s 93% white. Including 3% non British white.

Anyway you don’t seem to understand the demographics of the county you lived in or the difference between Essex and the U.K. or what mainly means. Let’s leave it there.

It’s all diversionary anyway. The question with regards to immigration is, or should be, if it’s good for both the host society and the immigrant. Not either but both.

The wars against Muslim countries should stop of course but it’s often the supporters of immigration who support the wars. Liberalism wants live Muslims here to keep the wages down and dead Muslims in the Middle East. Tony Blair for example.

Yes you’re right on all your points. I’m the one who’s wrong. You’re great! Whatever helps you sleep tonight!

You just keep ignoring my points and typing an essay to win the argument, you’ve definitely told me! The fact that 10% of Essex is not white is still 170,000 people, which is a third of this whole country’s non white population in 1 tiny county out of 48!

I’m sure your experience of being in the U.K. is much vaster than mine though so you crack on!

Does everyone in Britain that didnt insist on a banning of Irish people have blood on their hands from anyone killed by the IRA?

They had blood on their hands for many reasons.

However, as you know (or should know) most of the IRA was northern Irish based and therefore part of the U.K., both countries were in the EEC, and there was a common travel area from the era of Ireland being part of the U.K. that carried over post 1923.

That said they did impose a strong border in defiance of the latter law, bombed roads, and made checks of Irish airplane and sea passengers fairly severe.

Is everyone that kills people a terrorist?
    Most mass shooters in America dont get called terrorists for some strange reason..............

From the BBC ....’A witness reported that the suspect shouted "Allah Akbar" during the attack, said Mr Herrmann.’

It’s reasonable to believe that on that basis that he is a terrorist....

You can also have a psychological issue and be a terrorist....

Yes you’re right on all your points. I’m the one who’s wrong. You’re great! Whatever helps you sleep tonight!

You just keep ignoring my points and typing an essay to win the argument, you’ve definitely told me! The fact that 10% of Essex is not white is still 170,000 people, which is a third of this whole country’s non white population in 1 tiny county out of 48!

Is 90% mainly white or not? It is, isn’t it.
    I’m sure your experience of being in the U.K. is much vaster than mine though so you crack on!

Sure. And I could tell you what were the demographics of Bristol accurately.

See I want to say no, but I know you’ll just respond with 100 lines of why I’m wrong!

But no, you’re wrong again! Nobody has the information to say if he’s a terrorist or just tried to hurt or murder people, or if he’s got mental issues. nobody knows if he’s Muslim or a Jehovah’s Witness. That’s the whole point of most of my posts!!!

But again you’re missing the point of what I say. Read the whole thread and you may get it. Or maybe you just don’t understand me, which is fine.

Is 90% mainly white or not? It is, isn’t it.

Sure. And I could tell you what were the demographics of Bristol accurately.

Is 17 million non-white people 3 times the population of this country or not!

I’m sure you could, Google is your friend. Just how you caught yourself up on everything else LOL!

Shame you didn’t spot that all your stats are from the last U.K. census in 2011!!

Getting a bit pathetic now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,461 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Says the religion of peace generalist! So all Christians aren’t terrorists for killing 9 million Muslims but all Muslims are the ‘religion of peace’.

Hmmm what’s different between Christians and Muslims in your world eh?

We left that stuff in the 13th century. Muslims didn't. They still think they're back there.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

We’ll have to agree to disagree.

My experiences and associations with people of different cultures is very much NOT here nor there thanks very much and that dismissal is actually quite offensive.

Firstly, what you are talking about there has zero to do with how multiculturalism as a policy is assessed by sensible people.

Secondly, there is nothing remarkable or definitive about your experiences and associations any more than there is about mine, or any of the vast number of people who have exactly the same experiences as you, and live in exactly the same milieu as you, but yet disagree with you.
    Especially when your basing your decision on the words of ‘world leaders’ who unless your very naive, on most other subjects cannot be trusted most of the time!

I didn't say 'world leaders'. And I certainly didn't trust Mutter Angela and her idiotic 'Wir schaffen das'.
    I’ll take my own experiences over ‘world leaders’ who have only started saying such things as failed policy since the rise of right wing voting in these various countries.

The rise of right-wing voting is as valid a proof of the failure of multiculturalism as anything else is.

Whether you like it or not, people who disagree with you have a vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

Multiculturalism leads to anomic societies ,you end up with more incidents like what happened in Germany and what's been happening all across Europe the last few years,it is not an improvement on homogeneous societies no matter how they try sell it to you

• Advertisement

fvp4 wrote: »
    However we should perhaps stop the bombing before we can expect Muslims to integrate in the west.

The generalised bigotry and racism on this thread is head-wrecking. Looks more like the Brexit thread posts of Daily Mail articles of the ****e Brexit voters spout.
    peasant wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here:

The suspect ... was receiving psychiatric treatment, according to the Bavarian minister of the interior*

https://www.rnd.de/panorama/drei-menschen-in-wuerzburg-erstochen-verdaechtiger-war-in-psychiatrischer-behandlung-RJWDB27Z2VHZ7PUW6DT2XTUY54.html

Ye can all wind your collective xenophobic / islamophobic necks back in again ...the guy's gaga first and foremost.

*The Innenminister would be the minister responsible for the police force, among other things

But the crusades, (how long ago now?)
    but the IRA, (seriously?)
    but Iraq/Afghanistan, (even if you disagree with NATO/US you cant ignore that they fought alongside muslims too)
    but racism (despite Islam being religion and not race based),
    but mental illness, (despite there being a clear pattern to this type of violence and mass murder)

BUT ANYTHING eh?

Lets pretend all those points made are legit and that somehow those reasons/excuses - i really dont know what to call them - explain this recent and new type of mass murder in Europe.......

the answer is clear and quite simple really....dont let the psychotic would be mass murdering scum into the country in the first place

peasant wrote: »
    I'm just going to leave this here:

The suspect ... was receiving psychiatric treatment, according to the Bavarian minister of the interior*

https://www.rnd.de/panorama/drei-menschen-in-wuerzburg-erstochen-verdaechtiger-war-in-psychiatrischer-behandlung-RJWDB27Z2VHZ7PUW6DT2XTUY54.html

Ye can all wind your collective xenophobic / islamophobic necks back in again ...the guy's gaga first and foremost.

*The Innenminister would be the minister responsible for the police force, among other things

He is a terrorist first and foremost. Most comments here are terrorist phobic.

My girlfriend is a psychologist and very few of her clients are ‘gaga’.... just people requiring assistance with varying aspects of a condition... but work, travel, socialize etc.... normally...

He presented himself as a mortal threat, he killed and was killed... fück him....I’ll save my sympathy for those who deserve it..

Can you prove multiculturalism is those things in Europe? I am friends with and work with plenty of people from other countries and other cultures.

I work for a U.K. company and hired a guy there from Iraq, his names Pesh, lovely fella, had to flee Iraq as he’s gay. He works really hard, really good guy and has had to work extremely hard to get his U.K. citizenship taking tests most Brits would fail. Should I send him back to Iraq to be thrown off a building or beheaded?? By extremist religious nuts in their own country!!

That’s the problem with generalised bigotry, you tend to miss the point and that is the vast majority or different cultures make an effort to fit in in their new country, the extremist minority are what make the news.

But yeah, let’s be bigots and say ‘the religion of peace’ and ****e like that!

By that stretch though, shouldn't we be ensuring that people from Iraq don't bring their culture (throwing gays from buildings) over here?

Your friend seems to be hard working and wants away from the culture he lived in and wants to adapt to the host country's culture.

Nobody (the vast majority) has an issue with people legally entering a country, adapting to that country's way of life and working hard to better themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

The generalised bigotry and racism on this thread is head-wrecking. Looks more like the Brexit thread posts of Daily Mail articles of the ****e Brexit voters spout.

Stop using the term ‘racist’ when people are discussing the effects of merging different cultures, religions and nationalities. It’s not about race at all. It’s about ethical and moral grounding. It’s about people feeling powerless when they see the neighborhoods they grew up in decline and being forced to leave behind. It’s about addressing the high levels of serious crime and unemployment of non-western migrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Stop using the term ‘racist’ when people are discussing the effects of merging different cultures, religions and nationalities. It’s not about race at all. It’s about ethical and moral grounding. It’s about people feeling powerless when they see the neighborhoods they grew up in decline and being forced to leave behind. It’s about addressing the high levels of serious crime and unemployment of non-western migrants.

Good posts but you will get Guardian reading leftists coming on here deflecting. A few business trips around the UK and France never mind listening to my many friends and colleagues in those countries, multiculturalism has proved a disaster.

Moving back to this attack. Like the UK have been doing recently, shoot them and get them incapacitated as quickly as possible, to prevent any further injuries to innocent people or even worse, loss of life.

No time to be asking bloody questions. Think you'll find most of us will want that outcome.

Islam is just not compatible with modern western liberal democracies. Anyone that thinks it is, try proving it. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭crooked cockney villain

I think the UK would have been well within their rights to ban cross channel travel from Ireland at the height of the IRA campaign and to deport residents with known IRA sympathies. Why wouldn't I?

It amazes me that Irish people get offended by English fans singing No Surrender to the IRA. The IRA bombed their pubs, buses, hotels. What do you expect from them?

Ironically most people who get upset by this jingoism are probably into rebel music.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DelaneyIn wrote: »

Do you think the Americans, Australians, English, Canadians felt the same when thousands of Irish immigrants decended on thier countries?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

https://de.rt.com/inland/119802-ermittlungen-nach-messerattacke-von-wuerzburg-islamistisches-motiv/

title says witnesses say the guy shouted Allahu Akbar. Interview given from the minister of the interior of bavaria.

also confirmed the guy came to Germany in 2015 as an asylum seeker. He lived in a homeless shelter and was known to the police through acts of violence and psychiatric problems in the last months. He was also just a few days ago admitted to a psychiatric hospital.

These are the facts. Also a fact this guy was a sick individual.

That known, I still prefer to live in a constitutional democracy than anywhere else.
    I just ask myself why this things have to happen, there were enough warning signs, like with the tragedy on Breitscheider Platz/Berlin and I'm sure it's the same in every other European Country. The Authorithies know about this dangerous people but don't take the most plausible actions.

That's why my anger goes to the authorities where it's always the same, they never act on common sense or outside the box, always stick to the bureaucracy. That's the downside of the constitutional democracy.

And for information, ALL police officers in Germany are armed, not only special forces. The guys in the video (in dark blue clothes) are private security guys.

This is a very good example that it's possible to shoot an attacker, even with a knife in his hands, with one shot in the leg.
    I'm very happy this guy was not killed but professionally shot in the leg, one reason I don't want people to be killed, the other is there would have been most probably a big unnecessary discussion evolved that a black man was killed by a policeman. We don't need that in this case.

Do you think the Americans, Australians, English, Canadians felt the same when thousands of Irish immigrants decended on thier countries?

They’d have absolutely been entitled to...

if it meant that their health care system (and access to it) was on its knees because of it...

If it meant the country was under pressure financially and socially because of it...

If / when it meant the country was enduring a heightened terror threat...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

tara73 wrote: »
    That's why my anger goes to the authorities where it's always the same, they never act on common sense or outside the box, always stick to the bureaucracy. That's the downside of the constitutional democracy.
    I dont see the point in blaming "the authorities". The fact is there are lots and lots of people in the west who WANT to import Somali Muslims with mental health issues to Europe, for whatever reason. You can see it right here in this thread.

These murders are just a side-effect, you'll just have to get used to them.

Advertisement