Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several dead in German knife attack

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Do you think the Americans, Australians, English, Canadians felt the same when thousands of Irish immigrants decended on thier countries?
    1) outside of the UK, all of the rest were colonies based on immigration, which is a fundamental difference which is regularly ignored in such narratives. 2) Yes they most certainly did and if you knew your history you would know that.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,743 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

jakiah wrote: »
    I dont see the point in blaming "the authorities". The fact is there are lots and lots of people in the west who WANT to import Somali Muslims with mental health issues to Europe, for whatever reason. You can see it right here in this thread.

These murders are just a side-effect, you'll just have to get used to them.

Driving down labour costs, employers and businesses win /win

Driving up the population, employers and businesses win win...

The cost is to the ordinary man and woman on the street, who have ZERO say.. and WILL and are getting fûcked for everything from healthcare, housing, employment etc...already happening....

Safety ? Ok nothing has happened here, but the trend in Europe suggests it’s only a matter of time...

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭jakiah

Strumms wrote: »

The cost is to the ordinary man and woman on the street, who have ZERO say.. and WILL and are getting fûcked for everything from healthcare, housing, employment etc...already happening....

Safety ? Ok nothing has happened here, but the trend in Europe suggests it’s only a matter of time...
    Dont think its an economic thing tbh, there are plenty of nice non-murdery immigrants they could be bringing in for that purpose. Its ideology, we owe brown people so we have to put up with the odd murder spree. Anyone who questions it is a racist etc. Doesnt matter if it tears our societies apart, tough luck.

Bizarro world.

Dont think its an economic thing tbh, there are plenty of nice non-murdery immigrants they could be bringing in for that purpose. Its ideology, we owe brown people so we have to put up with the odd murder spree. Anyone who questions it is a racist etc. Doesnt matter if it tears our societies apart, tough luck.

Bizarro world.

I think economic thinking is a big part of it....bigger population and people from this demographic will drive down wages.. things are more competitive for everyone...all the while a bigger population means a higher demand for goods and services....

Business person is win win... “more people to flog my stuff to and cheaper staff to help me.”

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

Think of the fooddd!

You've nailed it 100%...the only winners is big business, more consumers,more cheap labour and the EU who seem hellbent on diluting down strong national identities....no matter how disastrous its proving to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

I think economic thinking is a big part of it....bigger population and people from this demographic will drive down wages.. things are more competitive for everyone...all the while a bigger population means a higher demand for goods and services....

Business person is win win... “more people to flog my stuff to and cheaper staff to help me.”

From the studies I've read there's a massive difference in how beneficial migrants are from different countries . Skill labour is beneficial , unskilled is not due to low tax rate and government end up funding everything else . Migrants within the EU are a benefit , migrants outside of the EU are not .

And you are correct, to much unskilled labour keeps wages low for are own native people who end up doing them jobs . I done one myself during the recession and even though I worked 5 days a week I hardly paid any tax .

There's a Dutch study posted on politics.ie regarding fiscal benefit to Holland . It shows the huge difference migrants from different countries contribute to the state . Migration has cost the dutch taxpayer 400 billion in the last 25 years .

https://politics.ie/threads/new-dutch-study-examining-the-fiscal-impact-of-immigration.282826/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I dont see the point in blaming "the authorities". The fact is there are lots and lots of people in the west who WANT to import Somali Muslims with mental health issues to Europe, for whatever reason. You can see it right here in this thread.

These murders are just a side-effect, you'll just have to get used to them.

I think you didn't get my point. If they are here, it's the responsibility of the authorities, if a person gets so aut of hand, to react and keep the society safe.

why they are here is a different subject.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Has anyone seen an updated article with the death toll.

Did all the wounded survive so far?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Frankie Machine

From the studies I've read there's a massive difference in how beneficial migrants are from different countries . Skill labour is beneficial , unskilled is not due to low tax rate and government end up funding everything else . Migrants within the EU are a benefit , migrants outside of the EU are not .

And you are correct, to much unskilled labour keeps wages low for are own native people who end up doing them jobs . I done one myself during the recession and even though I worked 5 days a week I hardly paid any tax .

There's a Dutch study posted on politics.ie regarding fiscal benefit to Holland . It shows the huge difference migrants from different countries contribute to the state . Migration has cost the dutch taxpayer 400 billion in the last 25 years .

https://politics.ie/threads/new-dutch-study-examining-the-fiscal-impact-of-immigration.282826/

Less than one in ten of the arrivals in Germany, when Angela lost her marbles, were capable of work or training in the short term. According to Andrea Nahles, the Federal Minister responsible at that time. She's a left-winger.

So it's going to be a while before they play their part in resolving the pensions crisis in western economies.

Luckily, they won't need pensions themselves when the time comes... oh, wait...

All these economic arguments are a load of eyewash.

When the youth unemployment rate in EU countries like Spain and Portugal is enormous, the justifications for vast influx from without, are laughable. But not funny.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,451 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

tara73 wrote: »
    This is a very good example that it's possible to shoot an attacker, even with a knife in his hands, with one shot in the leg.
    I'm very happy this guy was not killed but professionally shot in the leg, one reason I don't want people to be killed, the other is there would have been most probably a big unnecessary discussion evolved that a black man was killed by a policeman. We don't need that in this case.

Two points.
    1) How do we know that the shot wasn’t aimed at center mass, and hit the leg anyway? It is precisely why we aim center mass.
    2) If the situation were not sufficiently dramatic that lethal force was required, why use a firearm in the first place?

• Advertisement

Two points.
    1) How do we know that the shot wasn’t aimed at center mass, and hit the leg anyway? It is precisely why we aim center mass.
    2) If the situation were not sufficiently dramatic that lethal force was required, why use a firearm in the first place?

From going by everything I've ever read, it's very bad practice to shoot someone like that in the leg. If he had a suicide vest he'd still be able to trigger the bomb . The police want to kill them as quick as they can without putting more loves at risk , he'd already killed 3 people why risk him killing anymore . They'd be better off killing him than wasting hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money keeping him locked up for life .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,637 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

From going by everything I've ever read, it's very bad practice to shoot someone like that in the leg. If he had a suicide vest he'd still be able to trigger the bomb . The police want to kill them as quick as they can without putting more loves at risk , he'd already killed 3 people why risk him killing anymore . They'd be better off killing him than wasting hundreds of thousands of taxpayers money keeping him locked up for life .

Where do you draw the line on that? Paedophiles? Rapists? Murderers? Should we just appoint police as judge/jury/executioner like the judge Dredd comics?

Where do you draw the line on that? Paedophiles? Rapists? Murderers? Should we just appoint police as judge/jury/executioner like the judge Dredd comics?

Well taking into the fact he'd already killed 3 people and wounded a few more , the police were well within they're right to kill him . We'd a poster on here saying she was glad the police didn't kill him . Seriously ??? I find it hard to understand that logic . Liberal logic seems to care more about human rights for killers who don't deserve any , than the victim . And yes I've no problem with the death penalty being used in some cases .

If someone murdered your child or raped and killed your wife , you had the option of the perpetrator getting the death penalty , would you take it ?

Well taking into the fact he'd already killed 3 people and wounded a few more , the police were well within they're right to kill him . We'd a poster on here saying she was glad the police didn't kill him . Seriously ??? I find it hard to understand that logic . Liberal logic seems to care more about human rights for killers who don't deserve any , than the victim . And yes I've no problem with the death penalty being used in some cases .

Me either, but that would be after a trial and sentencing.

If the only option to save innocent livea is to kill someone then that's fine with me but I don't believe in execution as the first option.

If someone murdered your child or raped and killed your wife , you had the option of the perpetrator getting the death penalty , would you take it ?

You've cited a potential suicide vest as reason to shoot in the head except there's no indication that he was wearing one. Like looking at the photos of him, he's incredibly skinny so no bulk that would indicate one. I'd imagine they have an entirely different protocol in that scenario. So all indications are they behaved correctly. There's also a benefit in teaching him alive in the sense of him potentially providing information if it was a terror attack and if not, to understand the motivations/events that led to it. So you just seem a bit too excited about killing people tbh.

On top of that, not all families of murder victims desperately want the killer executed, most families of such in Ireland seem to prefer stricter sentencing and consecutive sentences etc. There's no massive campaign from the likes of ADVIC to bring in the death penalty.

You also seem to think if he was white, he wouldn't be alive. Breivik is alive... Can point to lots of spree shooters in the US that are alive. The murderer of Jo Cox is alive. You seem to want executions without any due process which is even more messed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

Do you think the Americans, Australians, English, Canadians felt the same when thousands of Irish immigrants decended on thier countries?

Go onto boards.us, boards.au, boards.uk or boards.can and ask them. Otherwise, stop trying to deflect and distort the discussion.

Thanks very much.

So you think police should be given the right to decide whether someone lives or dies in a split second by looking at them?

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    Go onto boards.us, boards.au, boards.uk or boards.can and ask them. Otherwise, stop trying to deflect and distort the discussion.

Thanks very much.

I dont need to ask, I already know they didn't want the Irish there (no dogs, bo blacks, no irish), you would think the Irish would be more understanding of people trying to get to another country to make better lives for themselves.

I dont need to ask, I already know they didn't want the Irish there (no dogs, bo blacks, no irish), you would think the Irish would be more understanding of people trying to get to another country to make better lives for themselves.

What other countries do is their beeswax. Unskilled non Eu migration into Ireland is not in our own interests. We only have to look at the scarily high unemployment rates for non eu nationalities in Ireland and the difficulties faced by this type of immigration in other European Union member states to realise this.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp11eoi/cp11eoi/lfnmfl/

We don’t need more unskilled non EU immigration. We need a lot more deportations. All failed asylum seekers must be deported. All non EU citizens living off social welfare must be deported.

Otherwise, we will go down the same rabbit hole of Germany, Belgium, France etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

bubblypop wrote: »
    So you think police should be given the right to decide whether someone lives or dies in a split second by looking at them?

someone who's been stabbing people randomly? yes, the cops should be allow to decide that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭Hamachi

..you would think the Irish would be more understanding of people trying to get to another country to make better lives for themselves.

I’ve heard this statement made several times. Other European nations like Germany, Italy, Poland, and Portugal amongst others have a very large diaspora.

Why would Irish people be any more understanding than the inhabitants of those nations?

Well if theres reports about a fella running around shouting Allah Akbar and he's after stabbing 10 people in which he killed 3 . in case you haven't been following the news but these events happen fairly regularly so yes they're well in there right to kill him. What would you do ?? set a cordon up until you can get a social worker down to have a chat and a cup of tea with him ?

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    What other countries do is their beeswax. Unskilled non Eu migration into Ireland is not in our own interests. We only have to look at the scarily high unemployment rates for non eu nationalities in Ireland and the difficulties faced by this type of immigration in other European Union member states to realise this.

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/ep/p-cp11eoi/cp11eoi/lfnmfl/

We don’t need more unskilled non EU immigration. We need a lot more deportations. All failed asylum seekers must be deported. All non EU citizens living off social welfare must be deported.

Otherwise, we will go down the same rabbit hole of Germany, Belgium, France etc.

Do as we say don't do as we do.

Do as we say don't do as we do.

How did mass immigration work out for the Native Americans, First Nations and Aborigine people? Is it something to should replicate and inflict on the various European indigenous peoples?

Do you view this as a form of penance for past wrongs or do you just have a sadomasochistic streak?

You've cited a potential suicide vest as reason to shoot in the head except there's no indication that he was wearing one. Like looking at the photos of him, he's incredibly skinny so no bulk that would indicate one. I'd imagine they have an entirely different protocol in that scenario. So all indications are they behaved correctly. There's also a benefit in teaching him alive in the sense of him potentially providing information if it was a terror attack and if not, to understand the motivations/events that led to it. So you just seem a bit too excited about killing people tbh.

On top of that, not all families of murder victims desperately want the killer executed, most families of such in Ireland seem to prefer stricter sentencing and consecutive sentences etc. There's no massive campaign from the likes of ADVIC to bring in the death penalty.

You also seem to think if he was white, he wouldn't be alive. Breivik is alive... Can point to lots of spree shooters in the US that are alive. The murderer of Jo Cox is alive. You seem to want executions without any due process which is even more messed up.

Why are you mentioning race , I never said anything about anyone being white . Fyi I think the cops should just execute all mass shooters in the states , no pics of them so they fail to get the sad notoriety they crave . Why do you think mass killers should be kept alive ?

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    someone who's been stabbing people randomly? yes, the cops should be allow to decide that

Should they? Whether to kill someone or not? You believe police should be given that authority?

They already have that right, by ascertaining what threat that person poses...

That person posed a threat, there was a clear, immediate and present danger to the lives of people, he had a deadly bladed weapon he was using it...

Therefore the police have a duty to protect innocent lives, if that means by taking his, so be it...

If he had a gun in his pocket, shooting him in the leg is unlikely to have saved people, he was trying to murder people... the safest way to prevent that from happening is to kill him...

I can't believe a social worker wasn't called in to deal with the threat.

Should they? Whether to kill someone or not? You believe police should be given that authority?

He's just after killing 3 people and wounding another 7 more , that should be enough authority to kill someone . I don't understand your logic sometimes you care more for murderers and criminals than the victims

• Advertisement

Well if theres reports about a fella running around shouting Allah Akbar and he's after stabbing 10 people in which he killed 3 . in case you haven't been following the news but these events happen fairly regularly so yes they're well in there right to kill him. What would you do ?? set a cordon up until you can get a social worker down to have a chat and a cup of tea with him ?

No.
    I would stop him, which is what police are trained to do.
    They do not have the authority to kill people and I'm pretty sure you don't want to live in a country where they do.

Advertisement