Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Several dead in German knife attack

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I can't believe a social worker wasn't called in to deal with the threat.

To give him a cuddle?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭kildare lad

Terrible policing , they could have arrested him without shooting him in the leg . I hope the cop loses his badge and gets locked up .

He's just after killing 3 people and wounding another 7 more , that should be enough authority to kill someone . I don't understand your logic sometimes you care more for murderers and criminals than the victims

My logic is the same logic as the police in Germany, they are trained to stop.

Do you think AGS should also have the right to kill anyone if they decide?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

He was stabbing people randomly, yet we worry about his feelings

While normally I'd suggest a letter to the Times, where a social worker is unavailable, the next best option would be for a potential victim to apply for injunctive relief to stop him continuing with the stabbing.
    A court appointed psychiatrist could report on the danger he poses. We must have regard to his rights.

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    No.
    I would stop him, which is what police are trained to do.
    They do not have the authority to kill people and I'm pretty sure you don't want to live in a country where they do.

No you're wrong , I'd rather live in a country where the police would shoot someone that's after killing loads of people and before he got the chance to kill more , people who kill and main other humans for no reason should forfeit their right to life . Do I think cops should shot people for robbing a car ...no , do I think cops should shot someone for killing 3 random stranger .. yes I do .

Maybe the Germans should start protesting to defund the police so they could send down social workers to the terrorists instead of police to have a chat with mass murderers .

Should they? Whether to kill someone or not? You believe police should be given that authority?

someone who's been stabbing people randomly? yes, the cops should be allow to decide that

• Registered Users Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭seenitall

Ahem, George Nkecho? :confused:

No they should just send down social workers to have a chat with them .

No you're wrong , I'd rather live in a country where the police would shoot someone that's after killing loads of people and before he got the chance to kill more , people who kill and main other humans for no reason should forfeit their right to life . Do I think cops should shot people for robbing a car ...no , do I think cops should shot someone for killing 3 random stranger .. yes I do .

Maybe the Germans should start protesting to defund the police so they could send down social workers to the terrorists instead of police to have a chat with mass murderers .

So, you decide what crimes gardai can act as executioners in?
    So stabbing people? Yep Garda, kill that guy.
    Steal a car? No, don't kill that person.

What if the stolen car crashes and kills someone?
    What about assaults? Can they kill people who assault others? Assault them with a weapon?
    Where do you draw the line?

Police are well trained in what they do, and they are not trained to kill people.

• Advertisement

What about assaults? Can they kill people who assault others? Assault them with a weapon?

Police are well trained in what they do, and they are not trained to kill people.

they are trained to act on violent people who pose a threat to others, and thank god for that!

seenitall wrote: »
    Ahem, George Nkecho? :confused:

They don't have the right to kill, that why there is an investigation!
    I'm sure they will be found not guilty of any criminal intent.
    There will also be an investigation into the policeman who.shot this guy in Germany.

Mic 1972 wrote: »
    they are trained to act on violent people who pose a threat to others, and thank god for that!

Yes they are.
    And they can stop them whatever way they can, sometimes that means people are killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Good idea:

1) a minute few people get to profiteer by inviting-without-consensus large, practically colonisation quantities of people into other people's countries.

2) some vague, ethereal feeling of "I'm a good boy" for a minute amount of people.

3) some vague, ethereal feeling that eliminating local culture and turning into some homogenous blob of not-culture is somehow "good" for a minute amount of people.

Bad idea:

1) some small amount of local people will be murdered.

2) cultural antagonism across entire society like mixing oil with water, "you must change to suit us", say those who arrived within the last hot minute

3) vast majority of local people are left to face with increased scarcity of housing, care, facility

Hmmm, I wonder now, which outweighs the other? UNSOLVED MYSTERIES!

There will also be an investigation into the policeman who.shot this guy in Germany.

Well that’s just semantics to all intents and purposes. The investigation finds them not guilty means, guess what, they do have a right to take a life, in circumstance that is judged by them to warrant that course of action in the given moment. So that exactly addresses your question. They already have the right to kill.

A scumbag dead in short order, for which no one has to suffer legally = result.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,492 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

No.
    I would stop him, which is what police are trained to do.
    They do not have the authority to kill people and I'm pretty sure you don't want to live in a country where they do.

They actually have that right... if hes activly trying to kill people they can kill him

• Registered Users Posts: 25,584 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    How did mass immigration work out for the Native Americans, First Nations and Aborigine people? Is it something to should replicate and inflict on the various European indigenous peoples?

Do you view this as a form of penance for past wrongs or do you just have a sadomasochistic streak?

Well no one has forced me.off my land or killed me yet and you seem to be in quite good health yourself so I would say we are both doing better than the Native Americans, Aborigines, etc.

A person could make a bad choice on any given day, like killing a few random people with his knife on a street, but he should expect to be treated with dignity and respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,606 ✭✭✭Hamachi

I hope that your confidence is well placed and AGS are found not guilty of any wrong doing.

According to some posters on here, poor George was only brandishing a butter knife and Ruth Coppinger seems to be under the impression he was unarmed.

Let’s hope for a favorable outcome for both the Gardai and the Polizei in this case!

He's just after killing 3 people and wounding another 7 more , that should be enough authority to kill someone . I don't understand your logic sometimes you care more for murderers and criminals than the victims

Something the police would not have been aware of at the time, but as usual the boards internet tough guys call for street executions lol.

• Advertisement

Police are trained to kill people though , why do think they carry guns ?? When they train with guns they don't aim at legs or the arms they're taught to shoot at the centre mass. Anyway I'm done arguing with you . Do I wanna see cops going around killing everyone ...no
    Am I gonna shed any tears if they shot an armed criminal ...no .

Your in a bar tonight and someone sticks a glass in someone's face, should the police come along and shoot that person dead?

Hamachi wrote: »
    I hope that your confidence is well placed and AGS are found not guilty of any wrong doing.

According to some posters on here, poor George was only brandishing a butter knife and Ruth Coppinger seems to be under the impression he was unarmed.

Let’s hope for a favorable outcome for both the Gardai and the Polizei in this case!

I would be fairly confident that there won't be any findings against the member concerned.
    He was trained to do certain things, which He did, so should be ok.
    Same as the German policeman.

Some posters just go.completely over the top, no-one wants to live in a state where police have the authority to kill people.

Police are trained to kill people though , why do think they carry guns ?? When they train with guns they don't aim at legs or the arms they're taught to shoot at the centre mass. Anyway I'm done arguing with you . Do I wanna see cops going around killing everyone ...no
    Am I gonna shed any tears if they shot an armed criminal ...no .

They are trained to stop people, not kill.
    Jesus what kind of country would train their police to kill people FFS

A perfectly normal one, I would think. Imagine that the officer who shot Mr. Nkecho hasn’t been trained to kill anyone, just given a gun and told to do his best with it. He’d probably end up killing a colleague or two before getting to George, don’t you think? Of course he’s trained to kill!

But you know all this, you are just trying to construct some weird argument out of nothing, for a reason which escapes me.

Something the police would not have been aware of at the time, but as usual the boards internet tough guys call for street executions lol.

Do they not have mobile phones in Germany ? The only person doing the street executions was the Somalian

seenitall wrote: »
    A perfectly normal one, I would think. Imagine that the officer who shot Mr. Nkecho hasn’t been trained to kill anyone, just given a gun and told to do his best with it. He’d probably end up killing a colleague or two before getting to George, don’t you think? Of course he’s trained to kill!

But you know all this, you are just trying to construct some weird argument out of nothing, for a reason which escapes me.

No, he is a well trained member of AGS, who is trained in the use of firearms among other less lethal weapons. He is not trained to kill.

I'm merely trying to point out to all the keyboard warriors in here, that their shouting and calling for police to go around executing people is ridiculous and wrong.
    Everyone needs to keep within the law, particularly the police force.

The whole country is going mad because gardai decided to cancel some 999 calls, and then there are posters calling for the same police to decide whether people live or die!
    Not much wonder gardai can't do anything right in this country!

You don't have a clue , just because they're trained to kill people doesn't mean they do it. Anyone that carrys a gun has the capacity to kill someone . Do you think the ERU and the garda snipers are trained to kill people ??

• Advertisement

Do they not have mobile phones in Germany ? The only person doing the street executions was the Somalian

They would have radios too, imagine that!!! But wether they knew on arrival that 3 persons dead and 7 injured? Highly unlikely that information would have made it to the emergency call room never mind passed to the officers at that stage.

They would have been told assailant has a knife and is attacking people, that's the information they would have been working off.

Advertisement