Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭murtyd17

Great post

Really looking forward to tomorrow evening. Hopefully get over the line by the end of it

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Any sign of the team being named?

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭corner back 2

Night before an All Ireland semi final and no teams out yet! GAA needs to improve on this my patience is running out checking Twitter every 5 mins🤔😀

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭murtyd17

Thought be out by now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭blackcard

I really hope that we can find a team that will turn up tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Fogarty is a big loss. I'm suprised kenny gets another chance but great to see padraig start and Richie on the bench

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

yeah, pity about fogarty. Good experience for Kenny, not physically ready yet, thought leahy might have got back in, probably missed too much game time this year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

From a Clare perspective, I was hoping Cody would keep Walsh on the bench. He is actually very suited to playing centre forward on Conlon. You need a guy who can stand up to Conlon's physicality, Conlon is super important to Clare in terms of carrying the ball out, getting it to the Taylors, Fitgeralds, O'Donnells, etc and initiating those attacks.

Also I think Mullen would be better from midfield than half forward, because Kilkenny will want to get him space. The Clare half back line push right up on the half forwards, they don't sit like the Galway half backs (where Mullen made hay)

That's a good Kilkenny side imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭blackcard

Kenny maybe playing as a third midfielder with Browne sitting deep? Think a lot has to go right for Kilkenny to have a chance with a lot of players performing above average

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭kk.man

Yeah I think Mullin is best at midfield for two reasons he spreads the ball very intelligently and acts as a seventh forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭letowski

There is speculation that Browne could be on Tony Kelly, instead on Butler. I think he has man marking experience. Or possibly to do what Conor Devitt did a fortnight ago and shut down Ryan Taylor (who is a very important player for Clare).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

best of luck tomorrow lads should be a really good game if nothing else . as said above i imagine the game will take a similar pattern from the clare wexford game with several designed man marking jobs going on , from a worried clare point of view the thank is starting to empty on the clare side and a few injuries are setting in , kelly is not 100% conlon is not 100%

so ignore the fair weather comments of this being a walk in the clare park most of our top players are running on fumes at the moment , safe journey lads and best of luck 👍️

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

i worry about our forwards against the kilkenny backs , david reidy , ian glavin and probably peter duggan have been getting away with it from play up to now ,

Here's one (no way critical)...I have never seen so many left hand sided players on a Kilkenny senior inter county team in my time following hurling. TJ, Padraig, Mullen, Deegan...is there more?

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭kilkennyboy

Kenny browne

Billy Ryan padraig Mullen

Mossy tj cody

That's how we will set up with padraig to bring conlan away from goal.leaving room for a aerial bombardment. I expect goals and we will need 3 or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭KK36

• Registered Users Posts: 9 peakedatU12

Ciotóga na gCat abú

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Best of luck to Cody and team. Here’s hoping we dog another win.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

It's all or nothing now for the 1st time this year so we better be ready. It'll need a better performance than we've had all year but the funny thing is we are well capable. Memories and how we dealt with last 2 years at this stage should be in the back of minds.

No space for their 6 forwards key. Eoin Cody and Billy Ryan have a lot of responsibility today. We will know after 10 mins whether this game will suit mossy or not.

Looks like a big clare crowd as expected.

Best of luck to Cody and the lads. We want a rattle at Limerick in a few weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Best of luck to the players and management team. Come on the Cats

Mossy Keoghan man of the match incoming!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Foot on the pedal for the next 20 mins and we're there

I don't think any of us would have predicted that first half performance even in our wildest dreams. The backs and midfield are playing great. Eight different scorers is fantastic.

The game isn't over yet. We need to keep up the intensity in the second half because remember the semi-final against Waterford a couple of years ago.

Yes! Kenny buried that

It'd be good to see Richie Hogan come on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,867 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Was Kilkennys support in semi finals always this low? Leinster champions and a favourable match up. And it's not like you've won a lot of AI the last 6 or 7 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

#Codyout

Munster hurling??? 😃

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,856 ✭✭✭kksaints

Some performance today in the 1st half. Dominant in defence and our accuracy was excellent. Took the foot off the gas a little once we got the second goal but the match was won. Mikey Butler did a job on Tony Kelly, didn't give him a sniff, but in fairness it's impossible to really single out players today. Whole team was on it.

Advertisement