Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Butterbeans

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭WJL

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

Hmmmm, I’m not too sure about that. Good few not going well. I hope we’re not depending on them to turn things around. My confidence is changing daily. Clare backs won a lot of high balls the last day in 1st half, assume limerick won’t be as wasteful with long balls and poor shot selection. Passed it around well at the back but the final ball up was still no better than 50/50 most of the time, doesn’t get worked through midfield

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭usernamethatsnotinuse

Massive work rate off the ball, tracking players, don’t think he caught a whole lot in the Leinster final

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭davidx40

Pair of Davin Stand Lower Tickets Section 317 Row R for sale .....PM me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Pigeon Chaser

There's a real 2006 feel to this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Very quite on here lads considering what lies ahead. So many possible match ups its hard to pinpoint what's going to happen. But one thing is for sure. It'll be an amazing spectacle and hopefully we come out the right side. Low key enough build up and I'd say the first year in many years the team not going to the citywest and all that it brings.

Big performances required all over the field tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Really looking forward to the game now. I think we can bring a performance and we have a good chance of winning.

Listening to a lot of pundits they're all referencing Limericks performances in the last two All Irelands which have been stunning and all the pundits reckon they can produce that kind of performance tomorrow. Lets be honest if they do we'll be happy if we're within 5 points of them at the end. There's one major difference I feel between those games and tomorrows game. Cian Lynch is not playing. I think I'm right in saying he scored 0-6 last year and setup 2-05. This is an enormous direct contribution let alone the players he occupies and the space he can then create for his team mates to flourish. I know they've got here without him but no one can claim they have been as impressive as they were the last few years in the matches so far.

I do think Limerick will be better than the semi but I don't think it will be to the level they produced the last two years (hopefully). Another big difference to what they faced the last two years are teams which won't bring the intensity and physicality that we're used to in Leinster hurling. The Munster crowd look down their noise at Leinster hurling but there's no doubting it's a tighter and I think tougher game than Munster games which are more open. I think I heard the stat that we have scored 1-19 on turnovers in 5 games compared to Limericks 0-12 in 6 games this year. This usually comes due to huge work rate in the middle third which we bring every day. Limerick do too but I don't think they face it much. Clare tried it this year in the Munster final and nearly succeeded but ran out of gas in the end and we may too but I think we're in better shape than we have been for the last few years.

The fact the the Limerick backs by and large sit back and hold their positions and don't follow their man should hopefully play into Mullen and TJ's hands as they drift into pockets of space in the middle third.

I think it will be an absolute cracker, hopefully Cody will be forced to use our subs earlier than usual due to the heat we'll see tomorrow and this will allow lads get into the game a bit more when they come on. If we don't have 4 subs on with 20 to go I'll be worried.

If all the rumours swirling around Limerick don't have some effect or if even a few or true it's been a less than perfect run in for Limerick. 4 players were supposed to have had Covid, I assume they had to isolate for a good few days at least away from the rest of the squad. Lynch doing his ankle last weekend. Gillane and Nash are supposed to be carrying knocks, not that it will stop them playing just another distraction. There's been other rumours to which are even more out there. Meanwhile Kilkenny has been quiet as a mouse.

Hoping for a Kilkenny victory 3-5 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭conor05

Could never warm to Hickey, a man with a seriously high opinion of himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

I feel it’s Limericks to lose. If both teams play to their potential, I see a win for them by 4-5 points but nothing to feel down about.

What I don’t want to see is anyone going off injured early, no stupid red cards, no controversy over a point, nothing that will drag the result into a debate for the next 12 months. I think Kilkenny will give it everything from the first to the last minute, as will Limerick.

I think Kilkenny are the best team placed team in the country to give Limerick their sternest test yet in an AI final and with a bit of luck we could do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Here's hoping we dog out the final win of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,192 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

I'm more worried it's like 2018. Fired up underdog vs a very tired looking champions.

Btw if Limerick win tomorrow we can go level with Brian Cody in All Irelands won 😱

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

Is

Is that just as a manager? He won a few as a player too..genuine question I'm not stirring..just curious

If as a manager he is currently ahead of limerick would that mean he is only behind the so called big three? Some pub quiz question if so

• Registered Users Posts: 4,086 ✭✭✭Rosita

Will be interesting to see "tougher and tighter" Leinster game thing tested. Despite this theory, Kilkenny leaked huge scores against supposedly softer and looser Waterford and Cork in the two semi finals defeats of the last couple of years.

Ya that's 11 as manager.

Obviously as manager is kinda new in hurling I think Kiely is next with 3

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I knew he had 11 as a manager but didn't know how many limerick currently had..thanks

Sad thing is we are way ahead of the chasing pack now.

I find the tension a bit draining this year. I think its fear of a bad beating the closer it gets!

That's sport winners and losers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭kk.man

Best of luck to Brian and all the senior team tomorrow... Is feidir linn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭moby2101

Best of luck to the Kilkenny lads.

Limerick man heading to my 15th AI

final tomorrow, lots of heartache in the 90’s and 2007 but thankfully we have had some amazing days of late.

Fearful of the coming cats but hopefully we will have enough in the tank to get us over the line in a tight clash.

Limerick have been very flat and lacking the intensity and dog of the last two years, expect a huge game from Hego and Hayes tomorrow.

HON LIMERICK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Fair play.... Limerick had a lot of tough times over the years so nobody could begrudge their success in recent times. I'm a huge admirer of this Limerick team and they won't be easily beaten tomorrow. Just hoping we can edge it by one or two points.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭blackcard

Best of luck to Kilkenny. Hoping for the best but fearing the worst

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

best of luck tomorrow lads , would have vastly preferred if it was us but them the breaks, think we have a few more years to go before we really make another challenge

that really good kilkenny team from the minors of 2018 is starting to show its hand now too ,

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭murtyd17

Safe travels to everyone tomorrow, can't wait for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Here’s hoping,we’ll still be proud of all our men tomorrow regardless.Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Heard there could be a few changes today maybe even 2 or 3

Best of luck to everyone anyway. Nice stir here around croke park. It would be some capture if we could pull it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

We can only give 100% and we will give it. Fair play to Cody changing our style. He deserves credit for this but its going to be a mammoth task today. I fully expect us to hit them right to the final whistle and hopefully come home as champions. Up the cats!!!!

Advertisement