Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Senditinlow

On yesterday's Congress, I see County Minor will stay at U17. There was talk if this remained that Co Boards could decide at club level whether to revert back to 18/16/14. Don't see clarity on this does anyone know any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

What did the 2 Tullaroan men, Dunne and Keoghan score between them ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭robwen

4-4 maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Kk had a stronger team today than they had last week.Tipp had a weak team out in the 1st half. Tipp brought on a few better lads at half time.kk emptied the bench.Its hard to take much from today but it was a great cause. Conor delaney done well for his first day out.paddy mullen drove a few wides but he was on a lot of ball. He went off injured near the end with what looked like a calf injury. Hopefully its not serious but alot of us are hoping he will make the step up where we desperately need a presence around midfield. Great to see ronan corcoran coming on and he was also on alot of ball. Gearoid dunne is very strong.i would like to see more of him against better opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Were TJ and R Hogan togged out?

• Advertisement

No the teams that were listed were changed. Lyng said last week tj will need the league off to take a rest and try clear up niggles.The few lads that were injured delaney,bergin were sharp but oppostion was poor enough. Paddy mullen and gearoid dunne done their chances no harm at all.

Thanks for that. Was surprised when I saw TJ listed to start. Disappointed R Hogan didn't tog out. He could do with getting going.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Danny Glennon was dropped of the panel due to his injury even though he would more than likely make the u20 championship

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭larrya

Lyngs reason for dropping Mason was his club form wasn’t good enough.Hard to see how the other goalkeepers who play outfield for their clubs form could be any better.

Plus starting an 18 year old schoolboy from your own club in your first serious match does not bode well for the future.

• Advertisement

It's not as if Lyng doesn't know Mason, he had him at under 20.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭conor05

There is an issue between Mason and Lyng. Mason won’t be on the panel as long as Lyng is manager.

I would imagine Lyng really wants Paddy Mullen to make the step up, he is an enforcer would give it to Donal O Donovan and Will o Donoghue come summertime anyway they want it.

He is generally a great score taker too.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

Lar Murphy who is Glennon's club mate not there at moment either, was also dropped, we must have an awful lot of brilliant half backs and corner forwards if these 2 can't be involved.

Darren brennan came on at half time and made a few very good saves. He's a bit suspect under a high ball but we're lucky in this county with good shot stoppers. Hopefully our puckouts improve. Derek has has great time for last year's u20 so I'm not suprised tallis is in and i think he'll be sub goalie for the championship.Maybe the management have a bit too much time for last year's u20 but they've done well enough so far.

We need to persevere with as many of the under 20s as possible, that's the future. Game plan is most crucial, no matter what players are involved.

Don't recall Lyng actually say that about Mason. I don't think Mason being 3rd, 4th goalkeeper or not on the panel at all will make any difference to how Kilkenny go this year.

• Tis a bit of a joke alright. No wonder they win so many, no players left for anyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

It will be interesting to see how many Dicksboro, Clara and Fenians players they carry on the u20 panel, all the management clubs. I don't know much about Tullogher/Rosbericon but they are the only club aside from my own club to put it up to Dicksboro last 4/5 years at minor. Outstanding minor the last 3/4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Tullogher beaten by Dicksboro by 1point in the county final that day. Danny glennon caused a lot of problems for Dicksboro and could easily have ended up with 3 or 4 more scores. On the day Tullogher had 8 lads not up to the age. Tullogher have a good young team now eligible to play adult hurling but the u17 rule will probably stop some of these playing adult straight away. Ridiculous rule. Giving 17 year olds an extra year at u18 would do most the power of good. Same for all clubs but harsh on many young lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Boro men had little chance with village men in charge,anyway Dicksboro are the most dominant underage team in a long time. No apologies.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Rebelside

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Buckley was lucky he was born and bred in the Village.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭me89

Highlights from Sunday

https://twitter.com/TipperaryGAA/status/1627600139731992581?t=UzLnzyZDG9OKu5vSx9DIDw&s=19

I know it was only a challenge match and we had a stronger team but paddy mullen was involved in a couple of goals. He gave smart ball into the forwards. Hopefully the injury isn't serious and he gets a run against laois Sunday. If he has a few more good matches we could see himself and Adrian midfield for the championship.

It will be intresting to see if Gearoid dunne can see championship time. Last year was his first year playing senior club so it would be some jump if he makes the breakthrough.hes a very big chap. Id expect more changes sunday,getting a look at lads while trying to get the balance right. We're carrying a big panel and will probably be cut at the end of the league. Eoin cody should return this weekend.Adrian is aiming to be back for the Waterford match.

G Dunne has two years left at under 20, as has K Doyle. Lyng got criticised for trying Doyle when it didn't work out. Seems he got it right with Dunne!

Post edited by Grats on

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

Killian Doyle had played one Junior adult match for his club. At least Gearoid Dunne had a senior campaign behind him. Plus Dunne is a much better player.

I've seen both play many underage matches, including post primary and under 20, and I'd find it hard to say one is a much better hurler than the other. Each has their own skillset and with more coaching and conditioning could develop into two fine senior hurlers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Bazng

glennon was requested to get an operation on his wrist last Dec by the kk u20's so he would be back in time for the league / championship. He then got dropped 2 weeks out from returning to fitness. He also missed Good Counsel matches over this .

Advertisement