Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Ah Jaysus lads will some of ye get a grip he's fully entitled to his opinion and no matter what he says lads have a go. I've disagreed with him on his opinion of some players but nothing he's said lately is out of line. I can't believe I'm having to defend someone on the Internet. That's what ye have driven me to.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭Village87

Mod Edit

Warning issued.

Post edited by ShamoBuc on

I'm 5 years waiting for Billy Ryan to do something. I would have played Padraig. Good to see Tom Phelan in, one of Kilkenny's best players this year

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Nedflanders02

In fairness to Billy I thought he did well when he moved out half forward in the first game against Galway in Nowlan Park. The big concern I'd have about him is even when he's going well he only seems to do it in small spurts and he seems to fall off energy wise the longer the match goes on, I think he may be better suited to coming on when the game begins to open up.

Would agree 100% on Tom Phelan he's been excellent this year and his movement and directness definitely has caused defences trouble this year.

Agree with you on Billy Ryan, I would start him on that team everyday as he does take watching. and will hurt you. But so frustrating as there is loads under the bonnet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I know Tom Phelan, and I'm in dread for him if he doesn't perform on Sunday. I think he will do okay and hopefully, therefore, not get the Billy Ryan treatment.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

If that team is accurate I'd be reasonably happy..assuming the lads coming back from injury are fully fit ..i do think the loser Will struggle to beat tipp

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭The_Tank

If you were to look at the subs how many do you think are on the up in their career versus those on the way down. By my count 2-3. Not sure if that indicates something concerning about us

Post edited by The_Tank on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

Changes from last year are Blanchfield, Corcoran and Phelan for Browne, Kenny and Mullen so hard to say we are in a better position personnel wise. No place to hide now for players or management. Hopefully Kilkenny push up on Galway and play better quality ball into the forwards. I think we may only see TJ 2 or possibly 3 more times for the county, the same could apply to Richie Hogan, Buckley, Padraig Walsh, Wally, Fogarty. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

I'd imagine galway will test mikey Carey early and.often..hopefully he has got up to speed but it's a Big ask to play a Leinster final as your first game in months

• Advertisement

Doesn't say much for the panel, a lad back a few weeks after lads putting in 8/9 months training left on the bench or left out of squad. Grats please dont get offended with that negative comment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Apology accepted! But glad your post was deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Butterbeans

Maybe it's testament to the lad. Only back a few weeks and makes the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭kksaints

He really should have gotten game time against Wexford. Why he wasn't brought on instead of Buckley is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Mikey has being back a few months and was training with his club and has put in a huge shift to start a leinster final.i do agree it's a big step up going straight into a leinster final but surely he has went well in training. Derek has being safe so far so he could of went with padraig or buckley. Not to start or bring him on last week was baffling.

We were all happy when we heard he was coming back because he was good last year and has legs something we're not blessed with.If he still has the hurling he is as good as whats in the county. I'm sure Delaney is scratching his head and shane walsh,Paddy mullen or Ronan Corcoran aren't even making the panel they won't be happy.

Lyng rewarded Tom phelan who was training well and he has being good so carey must be the same.its a big match for alot of lads. Billy Ryan has to be very lucky to be still starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Tallis, Clifford, & Drennan are on the up...

Delaney, Kenny, & Murphy have stalled for the last while...

The rest are on their way down.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

after 16 days without rain around the country it seems the grass is growing as long as ever down in the even sunnier then normal southeast , unless ye have invested in loads of rain water tanks over the winter , we can still see ye through the burnt grass

talk down Kilkenny as much as you like between us and limerick and how hard fought that was neither have forgotten last july

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭hogans heroes

Like the team selected and now hope they go and perform on sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Mullen is 100% a big loss no doubt but having Carey coming in is a big plus for us. He may need a bit more time but he was one of our best players last year. Along with Blanchfield and hopefully an improving corcoran we have the basis for a decent half back line. Winning tomorrow is critically important. Win tomorrow and its the losers of the munster final I'd say in the semi final. I wouldn't relish a quarter final v tipp if we lose. Cody, mossy, TJ and Billy Ryan have scores in them in croker. Along with donnelly and phelan I think we've a great chance.

Let's hope we bring a decent following tomorrow. The lads deserve a big support on the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭kk.man

I can't believe almost all the pundits are tipping Galway. Imo either team could win and it wouldn't be a surprise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

I think a lof of pundits have backed Kilkenny from what I've seen, Tommy Walsh backed Galway alright but not too much more from what I've seen.

Most people feel Galway need the win more alright as it's obviously Henry's 2nd year and if they were to lose and a subsequent quarter final loss to Tipperary would put huge questions on his future up there. Not as much much pressure on Kilkenny in my opinion in Lyng's 1st season which I don't feel there should be anyway. But needless to say we want to win and will go 110% at it please god, if We get to an Ireland semi final directly in particular we will be very hard to beat no matter the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Any premium tickets going?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,547 ✭✭✭kk.man

Jamesie o Connor, Donal Og, Tommy Walsh and RTE...ill get back to you with more before throw in

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kentu

I didn't hear Jamesie and Donal Og's predictions on this game 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Anthony Daly, Eoin Kelly (Tipp) and yere own Brian Hogan all tipped Kilkenny.

I fully agree, not saying KK are world beaters but Galway are no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭mjp

John Fogarty gaa journo of the examiner tweeted earlier that a number of changes expected before throw in on Kilkenny team tomorrow. He's nearly always on the money with his gaa news.

Be interested see what they are. Maybe billy Ryan to drop out in forward line.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭KK36

The changes are well known. Never a good sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭blackcard

A lot on the line for Kilkenny's year tomorrow. Minors well beaten in 3 matches. U20's beaten by Wx who were beaten by Oy who were well beaten by Ck. KK beaten out the gate by Lk in the League Final, beaten by Wx. Desparately need a win against Galway

• Advertisement

Blackcard less of the negativity around here. Some members will not be happy.

Advertisement