Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

Tony Kelly got 1 -13 off limerick before and Clare still lost. No matter what Cody does limerick wil back themselves to outscore you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭Charlie69

Let’s hope we’ll be reading about where Limerick went wrong next Monday 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Mossy is a threat. He has the knack of getting around the full back line and creating chances. Having him at full forward and TJ and Eoin Cody either side of him us probably worth going with. TJ of course wouldnt stay in the corner. Like Limerick, Kilkenny would do well having a 2 man full forward line. Try and do to Limerick what they do to everyone else. Have Mossy and Cody operate closely and ping balls out to the wings. Take Gillane and flanagans positioning and movement prior to Limericks deliveries. We know what they do. We should be looking to create as much as possible. Im thinking 3 goals will be needed Sunday to be there or thereabouts to get the win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

We all know how limerick play but it's very hard to defeat it. They crowd that middle third,drop men back play in triangles to get out of trouble and give excellent ball into flannagan and gillane. They are very good with ball to hand.It's very very hard defend the ball that's going in. It has to be limited at source. Personally I would go with butler and Lawlor left back on gillane and Flanagan. Although a big size difference I would trust Mikey against Flanagan. I'm sure the players will know Peter Casey will be looking for frees so it would be very poor if the kk lads jump In on him. He needs to be stood up.

Limerick will know our routine with the short puckouts so we need a few new ideas because we will get murdered if not like we did in the league final. I think that match will be a help because we were schooled tactically that day. I think we need something to suprise Limerick. Cody could start the first 10 minutes out on the half foward line. Mossy needs to be closer to goal I thought this was strange the last day. Himself and Donnelly clearly weren't fit but are well capable of big performances.its as simple as this if we're to win this match sunday we need Donnelly getting 3 points and mossy a goal and Billy Ryan needs to play the game of his life and get 1-3. Limerick half foward line murdered us last year. We definitely need a spread of scores from our attack and our bench to continue making an impact.

Limerick are going for 4 in a row and if we lose it will be 4 all Ireland defeats since our last win in 2015. I'd be shocked if kk don't deliver a huge performance. This crop have had hurt and near misses the last few years and pride is at stake sunday. Stopping their 4 in a row won't be used as motivation but it will be in the back of their heads. Best of luck to our lads,I really hope we can do it 🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I'd say Mossy's role against Clare was to keep Conlon quite. Conlon eventually started to get on top in the second half and Mossy was subbed.

Post edited by Grats on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭lim4ev

No need to come to limerick I'm here already and can tell you the general public aren't over confident they believe they can win as I'm sure some kilkenny people do as well but not over confident.

Regarding people that don't show kilkenny respect they obviously don't know hurling so why bother with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭usualstripes

Anything further on how blanchfield is doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

The indo is reporting he is a major doubt along with Hannon and that English is out for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭The_Tank

Has anyone managed to get their ticket yet via the season ticket? Every time I log in it says 'available soon'

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tom Thumbless

Go into My Invoices on the season ticket site. if you are on about the hurling tickets are there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭The_Tank

Thanks yes - the less than intuitive Ticketmaster app has it well hidden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Wild rumours swirling around about Blanchfield half saying he has a chance and might make it others saying he hasn't a snowballs chance. We won't know till the team is named and if he's named in the 26 we won't know till the teams line up for the parade weather he will actually start.

All I hope is that we have been planning and practicing since last Monday as if he's already gone and next man up. I assume that will be Corcoran and he's probably the best like for like for Blanchfield and it also doesn't impact the subs we used the last day to steady the ship and get us over the line.

If we had a clean bill of health I would actually have brought in Corcoran anyway for Limerick. A half back line of Corcoran, Blanchfield and Reid would have been my choice with Deegan to midfield with Fogarty and Adrian to 10 in place of Phelan and playing a floating role like last year.

Now I see a straight swap Corcoran for Blanch and unchanged everywhere else bar positional changes.

As someone said to me last night Corcoran is a much better option as a holding centre back than he is a wing back he wouldn't have to turn and chase so much. He's actually fast in a straight line its the jinking and turning that do him, he's feet don't seem to be fast enough. Hopefully he wins a few aerial balls early on and grows into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Tom Thumbless

Not a bother. They don't believe in making things easy for people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭blackcard

That is not working for me, says I have no invoices?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Might have expired already, think it had to be paid by 16th or something? Might be worth giving them a shout on email or phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭C4000

Tickets through the Season ticket were available from 11th July up to last Sunday 16th only......

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Rochelle

Lord above, imagine facing into an All-Ireland against a 4-in-a-row chasing team with a half back line of Corcoran, Reid, Deegan. Absolute carnage.

Would there have been a worse one in final history?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

Anyone else finding it very difficult to get tickets sorted this year? First year I’ve been at this stage of the week and have no tickets sorted or no sign of any coming either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 GAAfan01

Looking to swap 3 davin tickets seated together for 3 hill if anyone can help thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭murtyd17

• Advertisement

Literally just got sorted - hopefully they are starting to trickle through

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kentu

Anyone else find the women's World Cup really taking from the spotlight of All Ireland week??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭YabaDabaDooley

Quiet enough build up to the final this year i feel. The main GAA podcasts doing some decent build ups last day or so. It was interesting to hear Off The Ball do four seperate interviews in Kilkenny with Eoin Larkin, Martin Fogarty, Eddie Keher and Fan Larkin and Joe Hennessy. Be worth a listen if ye haven't heard already. Some good stories of past times. Quietly confident is the feeling i got for Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

Got the tickets sorted earlier, happy days.

Was down in KIlkenny with the kids to see the folks the last couple of days. There's very little to show we're in the final about town I thought, even strongholds in areas of Loughboy and the Butts, there's not as much colour as I remember there used to be.....maybe I'm wrong.

I don't know if it's some sort of jadedness to the amount of finals we've been in over the last 25 years or an expectation perhaps that we won't/can't win against Limerick. I do feel the timing of the Championship is somewhat to blame too. Even to push it back into an August final would be an improvement, don't think it will happen though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭dzer2

Most families are on holidays at this time can't be in 2 places at once

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Th build up is different now. 4 teams for the semi gave no interviews for fear of saying something. Its the same in football. Players are nearly reluctant to to collect the player of the month award.To be fair the media night before the all ireland is very boring and a waste of time.

Blanchfield is definitely out Sunday which Is terrible for him and a loss for us. I know we've being lucky enough with injuries but it's no consolation to David. He has a good head on his shoulders though and he will be back for the bridge and is a center back in the making for kk.

Padraig walsh is expected to start wing back. He has the experience but doesn't have the pace of blanchfield. 2/3rds of this half back line probably had nightmares after last year's final.its not often you have have a chance at redemption the following year. I know we've being unlucky with Mikey Carey injured but he wasn't an option a few months ago. I was at the walsh cup matches and even then it was evident lyng was loyal to the padriag and Buckley and the experienced guys. It is a bit of a pity no one has stepped up for the half back line.

Theres no doubt midfield has improved with mullen and Fogarty and they compliment each other with one going back and the other going foward. It goes without saying we will need a huge performance from everyone and a couple of goals.Every team has their purple patch but worryingly we have dropped out of most games this year. If that happens sunday we're in big trouble.

Huw v gillane will be intriguing and could go along way to deciding the game. After a mixed start for both players they have brought their game to the next level. Huw will have to make very sure when going up for the high ball. Daithi Burke was half spooked the last day going up trying to bat it. Gillane was on the turn coming down and buried it.huw is very fast for a big man.

Finally puckouts will be so important. Scruff will have the most touches of the ball in his hand on our team and he will dictate where the game will unfold. Although improving at mixing it up sunday is the big test. We got murdered last year when we went long. Deegan went up the field last year and got a point and before he ran back Hegarty had it over our bar. They had us at sixes and sevens with their bunch and breaks and we stood on their wrong side and were chasing like we have never seen it before. I hope we have our homework done and a few fresh ideas . Limerick will give us the short puckout before applying huge pressure and trying to force turnovers.We need to be brave and push up. We have the experience and hurt of last year which will hopefully help. The 2 weeks should help Donnelly and mossy. It's a huge day for Tom phelan but he deserves his start he has being consistent. We really need Billy Ryan to repay all the faith both managers have shown in him. We definitely won't get away with what we got away with against clare when only two of our fowards played really well.

This is the the last hurrah for alot of the senior lads who have given huge commitment. Some lads here coukd regret trying to retire lads here when theyre gone. Every team needs workers.kk will not want linerick equallying the 4 in a row and more importantly kk will not want to lose 4 since our last.There is a small bit of optimism around the county but we all know the huge challenge that lies ahead. It's being a good year so far so hopefully we have our homework done and we get the win 🤞.

Post edited by brookville on

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭ttowncat

The lack of tickets trickling down could be that the county board have asked for lists for who the tickets go to to avoid duplication/overlap of the same people getting tickets multiple times. Not a list of who comes out in club draws but more like for example if bord na nOg got their allocation for looking after whoever has to be looked after, then a list would have to be supplied..

That's what I've heard

Great post - excitement levels rising by the minute!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Good post, bit surprised about Padraig starting? Kind of assumed it would be Corcoran

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭conor05

If any of my fellow cats has a spare Hill 16 ticket for myself could could you PM me?

Thanks

Advertisement