Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

I wonder if some posters are aware that changes have already taken place with for example bringing in Michael Fennelly. Also, wasn't there somebody brought in to oversee the entire squads/underage system. Surely they deserve time and support to get payback?

It may have been late in the day making various changes but they're up and running now. Fingers crossed for all concerned.

By the way, we haven't been winning minor titles of late but we have been in numerous finals. Mainly it was Galway who took us out but they took out every other county too over those four/five years.

Post edited by Grats on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

Oh and anyone looking to see the King hurl again he played for Ballyhale Juniors last week first game since 2017 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Comerman

Erin's Own manager is Sean Dempsey this year

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭therealdonster

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭blackcard

Ballyhale v Glenmore.I like 4/1 odds on Glenmore. Ballyhale may rest a few and not sure what the story is with Fennelly and Holden. Glenmore had a good start last year vs the Village

Comer v Bridge. Fancy Comer at 9/4. Bridge missing a lot of players

Village v Ballycallan. Graig had a lot of injured players last year but Village should win.

Mullinavat v Danesfort. 7/4 is good value for Fort who will be enthusiastic on their return to Senior.

Dicksboro v Clara. Boro too strong.

OLG vTullaroan. Fancy Tullaroan to do well this yesr

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

I think Galway will take us next season and win Leinster due to the lack of quality in Leinster we might scrap the Leinster final and hobble in to ai semi and be demolished by limerick even worse than 2 weeks ago.

no wonder Henry wants to stay on handiest Leinster championship he will ever face

Avoids limerick to the final and then sure who knows

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭jimmythesulk

Hopefully Wexford are better next year and can see Dublin improving in Donohue's second season. Would be great if Offaly came through. Really need an improved Leinster championship and a more competitive one even if it won't necessarily mean we are practically straight through to the all Ireland series anymore.

As for this weekend, can't wait to see this young prospect John Walsh in action.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭hogans heroes

MOM in 2014 mimor final and himself , blanchfield and leahy all looked crrtain seniors with big careers, ironic that it was limerick they beat with alot of there now seniors.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Todd_UnctiousGael

Any indications that Richie Leahy, Conor Browne, and James Maher might return for 2024?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Shocks12

I don’t know. But Richie Leahy has been around for a long time and never delivered. You can say the same about Browne but he could be a better corner back because he was poor midfield.

It seems the more you aren’t on the panel the more people want you back. These players were there and didn’t light it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Have to agree with you on that one shocks. As I said previously be on the lookout for new talent no matter what match or match’s your at this weekend and we’ll compare notes on Monday. People think everyone was tried, but new talent always springs up from year to year younger players mature and fill out etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

Derek Lyng had a panel of 42 during the last year with a lot of young players included. It will be interesting to see how those panel members do in the club matches in the first place. It should make it easier then to assess any other likely candidates. It's great to know all those in the panel have a years training etc under their belts. Clearly, Lyng is working ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Todd_UnctiousGael

Understand where you're coming from alright. I suppose what I'm saying is they're all lads in mid 20s, possibly didn't reach their potential at intercounty level, all stepped away this year, if there's a couple of retirements then they may fill a gap before some of the u20s step up.

Probably could've included Mikey Carey in that for next year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bamayang

Imagine going out to play a handy junior match and Henry standing waiting for ya!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭blackcard

I had predicted that Comer would beat the Bridge down a number of players but they were missing a number of players including Conor Fogarty and Ciaran Wallace. The Bridge won handy enough 1-21 to 1-12 with Sean Morrissey and Enda Morrissey doing well. For his debut at Senior level, Bill Hughes played well at centre back scoring 2 points and could be one for the future. Jack Buggy and Conor Delaney did okay for Comer but they struggled bigtime in the forwards.

From the programme, I see TJ, Adrian Mullen, Eoin Cody and Richie Reid due to start with Alan Murphy missing for Glenmore so Ballyhale should win.

Mikey Carey due to start for Gowran, , Mikey Butler sub for OLG. Cillian Buckley and Wally on honeymoon - not together

• Registered Users Posts: 1 keno89

1e

Post edited by keno89 on

• Registered Users Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭citykat

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Village87

No just seen the results. Not surprised, half the Windgap team is from Callan. More like Windgap/Callan v Callan

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

• the Twight zone you mean , i took a so called short cut once up that road and through tipperary it burnt out my sat nav, to avoid the traffic in carrick and Clonmel , i met 4 english lads out hunting by the looks of things in a lanchester 6×4 armoured car, apparently they had been stuck there since the 1920s

• Advertisement

Someone said it to me yesterday about Limerick allowed have cameras in the Croke park press box. If so how was this allowed in the interest of fairness. I don’t know exactly how much of an advantage it would be but still. One rule for one this is why they didn’t want the Dillon Quirk foundation on the jersey because they didn’t want to set a precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

No one was stopping Kilkenny from doing the same. Just shows Limerick are ahead of the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

Great to see Community radio back doing live commentary, weren't they stopped last year from doing so?

Also KCLR have Shamrocks v Glenmore & Dicksboro v Clara

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Freneys Treasure

Do you think it is just a case of fixing the cameras in place and that's it, any county can do it?

I know that Vinnie but maybe you should read the question properly.

Are Croke park favouring one over the other.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭biglad40

Cameras are there for reviewing games. I doubt they would give any advantage than having a coach mentor up there watching. The time to Utilise and review cameras and adapt a strategy wouldn’t not be possible in real time. It’s just people trying to detract from a team that won 4 in a row and unless god willing and the creek don’t rise it will be 5 In a row

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭Vinnie222

I did. I stated Kilkenny could have done the same if they wanted too. No one is stopping the doing the same

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭Neewollah

They can't cover any of the games KCLR are covering live.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

Advertisement