Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kentu

Overall dissapointing game between Gowran and Rower Inistioge after. Rower had the breeze in 1st half but drove a good number of wides with that aid in 1st half as Gowran led by 4 at half time with 2 well taken goals.

Gowran completely dictated the 2nd half of this game and once the 3rd goal went in it looked like game over and Gowran just eased from there to the finish. Their defence was completely on top in 2nd half, Mikey Carey was Brilliant along with Paddy Langton who was outstanding scoring 5 from play.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Langton was outstanding and is a lovely striker. Definitely a place for him around midfield where he can shoot. Lyng has identified this by calling him. Hopefully he will be used further up the field.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kentu

Brilliant news to read of a Sunday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Todd_UnctiousGael

Good news for those away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Fenians won another battle.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jamesbond2022

Lots of wides on both sides i thought c shock found it very hard to get frees compared to fenians the standard of umpiring and refereeing is definetly not improving either

Also ridiculous to have a game like that @5pm visibility was very poor in the second half it was almost dark by the end and if it stayed level it would have been extra time madness by the Co board

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭siyo

Do Clubber do a membership or do you just buy individual games?

The league and shield finals were very poor with loads of changes. I think the whole shield and league final needs to be looked at. With championship the following week the last thing anyone wants is injury. Lisdowney will be dissapointed they went about 20 minutes without scoring in the 2nd half. Drove a few frees wide and had a goal chance saved m.They had a stronger team where as Thomastown only had half their team. Donnelly didn't even come on. I'm suprised tallis isn't being used as a foward. They could do with him in attack. Luke connellan came on for ttown and got a few nice points. I think it's 4 or 5 league final for ttown.

The shocks will be very dissapointed they drove about 17 wides and left Johnstown in the game who got their noses in front at the right time. Well done to Johnstown but the shocks have struggled with injuries and like alot of rural clubs they haven't the numbers. O Loughlins were losing a few players to the seniors who had a few injuries so alot could depend who they have for the relegation that hasn't played senior championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jonniegoogle

e10/e11 a match or e100 for the year. Extremely good value. I hope they don't raise it after this. Decent camera work and coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

MLM Senior Camogie League Semi Finals.

Big wins by the top 2 teams in the county.

Dicksboro 2-17 Windgap 1-05

Piltown 3-22 James Stephens 1-07

Final on Sept 30/Oct 1st - No venue yet (Probably Callan/Ttown ?)

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Intermediate Quarter Final Draw

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭hogans heroes

Agree their the top 2 teams and could meet in county final as draw is seeded up to semis due to the mikey mouse league.will there be abit of cat and mouse about the league final?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Village87

The teams that finish first and second are seeded in the QF which is the big thing. Most teams treat the league and shield finals as challenge matches and rightly so. They deserve to treat it as preparation for a QF and if that involves resting your better players then so be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Shocks12

Yep agree either give a week off after them and they might get more respect but can’t blame any manager or team over them.

Think Lisdowney have a significant loss for next weekend from the league final which is tough on them and the player.

On us v Fenians god I am sick! We drove wides galore and some of them weren’t that difficult. Fenians do what they do best battle and give themselves a shout!

Tough weekend to take and OLG will be no slouches!

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭hogans heroes

Group winners seeded for 1/4 finals , 2nd teams seeded for 1st round of championship. But sure teams seeded 3 rd had more pts than a group winner and a team seeded 2, format was ridiculous, you were in a group but never played anyone in your grroup, never heard of it before

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Some of ye are talking about the mens and some of ye are talking about the camogie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭Grats

That's what I thought!

Michael Rice was in top form with Carrickshock. His touches, passing and intelligence are still there. Really enjoyed watching him.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,376 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

If 'you' quote the post that 'you' are commenting on, it makes it easier for everyone else to follow!

(Not at you JJ 😁 )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

I suppose it was maybe inevitable Eamon o Shea would link up with galway at some stage.He lives and works there and is training the club his son plays with. He is credited with getting the best from callanan in tipp so maybe he can bring a few galway players on a bit but a couple of their key players have a lots of milage on the clock.It's becoming more popular in both codes where we have former managers going in as number 2 or 3.We need someone to work on puckouts and creativity

There was talk of David herity getting involved with Tipp. I listened to him after the all Ireland and he definitely can talk the talk. I was hoping he might of got involved with kk underage team. He was doing something a while ago with the development squads. I don't think him and lads in the county board would get on. Our puckout strategies over the last few years have being shocking.

Minor and u20 managers remain the same. Its no secret most counties were putting alot of work into the underage while we sat on our hands.I did have a bit of sympathy for niall bergin because he was getting chaps that were starting on the backfoot straight away. What mick fennelly and that have being doing can only help.

Very disappointing the way the u20 finished this year.The wexford match was a shambles.The whole Billy drennan thing was badly handled. We're only hurlers on the ditch but it was glaringly obvious the lack of pace in the defense that night and sure enough it was exploited . Dunnamaggin have joe Fitzpatrick in attack and I think himself and Langton should be pushed up from the half back line next year.

Jj Delaney is gone from the backroom team but I hope mark learned alot from his first term. We should have a decent enough team next year but cork have really got their act together underage

A busy few weeks ahead with club hurling . The league and shield will probably be a waste of time.Alot of people tipping the Boro for the championship. The age profile is good, good defense and they've bulked up.Gaffney,Sheehan and Moore have being good but this is where it hots up. and the ground gets heavy.O Loughlins have excellent defense and young Fogarty has being excellent.They might lack a foward or two but Owen wall has being excellent again since returning from injury and has to get a call into the county. Does anyone know the severity of conor hearys injury?

Derek will be hoping a few fowards show up and hopefully he will have learned from managing this year.id expect a few more retirements but things need to be shaken up.We haven't improved this year unfortunately.Puckouts and movement have remained very poor unfortunately but it's obvious we are lacking a few fowards and the few lads that have being consistently picked need to be shaken up.We are so predictable to play against. Maybe we just haven't got the fowards but he cant stay looking at lads who have being consistently very poor. Mikey Carey will be a help next year and Clifford might get a run on the half back line where he is hurling well. Maybe the door has closed for James maher but he was hurling well the few times I saw him granted only junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Village87

County Board will need to splash the cash to get Herity, so he is a non runner. Is JJ travelling abroad that he is not involved with the u20s ? Hard to gauge James Maher, it is only Junior, he would want to be sticking out, i think he misses some of the matched due to other commitments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

Heard JJ is going to Miami, his wife got a job over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Comerman

He's there already

https://www.kilkennypeople.ie/news/north-kilkenny/1304377/kilkenny-woman-greets-taoiseach-at-opening-of-irish-consulate-in-miami.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Comerman

Apologies, I can't post the proper link for some reason

Post edited by Comerman on

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭conor05

And it’s a long term role she has in Miami aswel.

Could we see JJ forming Miami Hurling Club?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,871 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

There's already a hurling club there! Hope they're persuasive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jonniegoogle

2 very disappointing games in the park yesterday, the village and Glenmore were off the pace.

O Loughlins do seem to have a bit of steel about them at the back. I thought they slackened off in the 2nd half but in fairness the game was over at ht.

The Boro looked strong to be fair but Glenmore were very naive, coughing up all that space throughout the whole game. Boro's PO strategy was interesting to see , worked well but again better teams will deal with it better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

A lot of one sided games very disappointing over the weekend in general.

Advertisement