Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Yeah in a funny way Freshford getting relegated last year might be the best thing that happened them in the long run and they definitely seem a more united bunch this year!

Thomastown play some great hurling as can be seen by the scores they've been putting up this year, I think it's the mental side they need to get right to finally see them over the line, as you say if they go up they have the talent to stay up and do well. As well as that intermediate will be a mine field next year with Comer or Danesfort coming down and Freshford (most likely) going up and you'd imagine that the young Dunnamaggin/Young Irelands/Mooncoin teams will continue to get stronger also.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭hogans heroes

Young irelands playing st brigids and not tullaroan they play thomastown. I would go for

Brigids to bt young irelands

Muckalee to bt barrow

Tullaroan to bt thomastown

Conahy to bt Clara.

All 4 games close to call and could go eeithier way

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭minty81

Whats the logic to Saturdays fixtures?

Mullinavat v OLG has been moved to 3.30 (had been down for 1 originally). So the Minor A county final and 2 senior QF's are now all on at the same time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,334 ✭✭✭robwen

Funeral burials in Mullinavat & Thomastown (venue) Saturday likely the reason for the time change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Post edited by ebbsy on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Comerman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭blackcard

As someone who really admired DJ and went to club matches just to see him play, it saddens me to say that, if found guilty, he has to go to jail

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭davidx40

He was an idol to so many including myself , but I'd say he's going to jail for a nice spell , there's a lot of money over a long time period and the deviance of how it was done is shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

We don’t have a great record in lreland of punishing well known public figures

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,747 ✭✭✭brookville

Couple of good matches to look forward to this weekend hopefully the weather isn't to bad. Talks of Cian Kenny out for the village and Joey holden back for the shamrocks. Maybe there's no truth in this

o Loughlin will not take Vegas for granted or they'd be foolish to after last year. there hasn't being much between them the last few years.Thomastown will suit Vegas. If this was in the park it would be more straight foward but id still expect o Loughlins to get the win. They look better this year and have a very good back line. They might lack a foward or two but Owen wall has being excellent. Vegas will play with freedom now and have mixed the good with very poor.

Glenmore will be delighted with the year so far but I think they could be running out of steam. The bridge was probably the shock of the wknd. Blanchfield looks to be playing with the shackles off but Kevin Blanchfield got through a lot of work and I was very impressed with the 2 Hughes and enda Morrissey is very solid at full back. They've being a bit inconsistent aswell but both teams will look at this as a great opportunity.

Ballycallans young lads have repaid the trust management have put in them. Billy Ryan was excellent at midfield and Jeff neary is a Chap who should make the county panel. Tommy ronan has being very good.The village will be dissapointed with the way they went to sleep in the league final. It shows they haven't the panel when missing a few players.kenny would be a huge loss but they might have the bit of experience to sneak over the line.brassil and Scanlon both hurling well.

Undoubtedly the match of the weekend and hopefully it lives up to expectations. The challengers versus the champions. I'd expect the shamrocks bigger players like mullen and Cody to be better. The talk of people tipping the Boro will be music to their ears.

I really think it's time for the Boro to get the win. Buckley was a big loss against the village last year but I was very dissapointed how they downed tools when it was in the melting pot. I think they've improved this year and have learned from that defeat. They've bulked up and have what a few teams haven't got is a few fowards. Sheehan,Moore,Gaffney and nolan can hurt defenses.

Some great match ups to look foward to. Clifford's best position is wing back and he could be detailed to mark mullen.Colin and eoin Cody will test the Boro backs. Hopefully a good crowd and a good match.

This was my rating at the end of the league

1 Ballyhale - unchanged

2 Dicksboro - unchanged

2 OLG - unchanged

4 Village - unchanged

4 Glenmore - up 2 spots

6 Tullaroan - down 1 spot

6 Bridge - down 1 spot

8 Clara - unchanged

8 GBC - up 1 spot

10 Mullinavat - down 1 spot

11 Comer - unchanged

12 Danesfort - unchanged

I got the top two and bottom two right but Tullaroan and Clara underperformed. Today and tomorrows games will sort it further for us. Mullinavat and GBC have a great chance to upset the apple cart.

OLG and the Bridge into the semis two fairly tight game with the conditions

Camogie results

Dicksboro bt Piltown to win league final.

Barrow bt Muckalee

St brigids bt gowran both 1st round knockout games.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Butterbeans

Good win for the Village over Dunnamaggin in the minor final. First title since 2012.

Very good village mimor team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭blackcard

Goals were the difference between 2 evenly balanced teams as the Bridge beat Glenmore 3-14 to 17points. Liam Blanchfield got 1 of the goals, his 6th in 4 matches. Both half back lines hurled well as did Cathal Beirne, Enda Morrissey, Kevin Blanchfield and Jason Cleere

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭Field east

What DJ Carey did was not normal to put it VERY, VERY mildly. He must have been missing something in his mind that did not allow him to behave in a rational manner. There are a large number of conditions out there that cause some individuals to behave in an irrational way eg ADHD, clyptomaniac, alcoholism , narcissism, a sychopath, etc, etc. . What Carey needs, IMO, is help to get to the root of what caused him to so behave and get ‘training/advice ) so that it will not be repeated. He is of no threat to any bodies life from a physical perspective so why waste PUBLIC money on the prospect of jailing him if that is to be his punishment when all this is over. As an alternative , his amazing hurling skills could be used to train some hurling teams - be they young or senior

. If one did a similar thing in Thailand, instead of being sent to prison you had to wear a certain type of dress which marked you out as having broken the law an be made walk the streets. There probably certain terms and conditions attached.

Vegas will be dissapointed because that match was there for the taken today. The slow start after half time and a couple of wides near the end probably cost them. Two late points from o loughlins got them over the line. I crossed the pitch after the match and it was very soft and a strong wind both teams deserve credit.

Fogarty,Jordan Molloy and Mikey butler all got up to score points but some of their fowards couldn't get going at all and they will need a huge improvement if they're to win the next day.

Some heavy hits in the game but no real dirt but on another day a few lads could of walked but common sense prevailed and conditions taken into account. Oisin Knox was dangerous for Vegas and took the 2nd goal well with a good ground stroke.

O Loughlins will be delighted to get the win and they will know they came through a really tough match.i know conditions were tough but they will need alot more from their fowards and not depending on the back to get 4 or 5 points.i think they're a few fowards short off winning a county final but they're in a semi final now so who knows

Vegas players were dejected leaving the pitch and will know themselves this was a missed opportunity. A few mistakes and the goalie gifting a point near the end are killers in a tight game.

Bennetsbridge backed up the tullaron match with a good win and seemed to lead for most of the game.its the first time in a few years they've reached a semi final and they could be dark horses for the championship. Kevin Blanchfield was good and he was also very good last week. He has a great engine and works hard. He could get called into the kk panel. Liam blanchfield is really enjoying his hurling and is a target man. He got 4-2 off a county player last week and was a threat again today. Maybe if the bridge won the county final he might stay around and go back in with the county but I think the days of him playing county are finished. I know he didn't enjoy it a few years ago and felt he was unfairly treated.He is definitely going back to Oz after the hurling I'm told

Alot of the club players hurling well at the moment are lads who haven't being good enough for the county the last few years. Brasill,Luke Scanlon, Liam blanchfield,bill Sheehan.john walsh and a few more

My father died in agony with cancer when I was 19, I got it at 42 and it turned my and my family's life upside down (and I'm presently waiting for a second diagnosis) . My brother was diagnosed at 61 and died 3 months later, so **** DJ and whatever excuses you might think for his actions, greed is a terrible thing but CANCER is devastating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

DJ and his sister probably the 2 most rotten eggs you'd come across.

Back to hurling, excellent post as usual Brookville 👌

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Village87

Yeah we have nice team, strong all over. Dunnamaggin were very average today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

Why are Mullinavat called Vegas? It really really annoys me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,586 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Mullinavegas due to having an unnatural amount of pubs on the street at one time for the size of the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭Archduke Franz Ferdinand

Looks at two Sunday papers this morning, not a mention of DJ in either. Plus discussion of the topic shut down on boards. What are people afraid of?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭kksaints

It's an active court case, boards generally don't allow threads when the court case in Ireland is ongoing. Not entirely sure about the rest of the media tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭dzer2

Delusional grandeur by boards. It is a small story nationally by the bigger media

Adrian mullen destroying eoin fennelly I'm very suprised there was no change made after 20 minutes when he had 3 points from play before he got the goal

Why didn't buckley or Clifford pick him up. Clifford has being anonymous and a few of the Boro fowards not in the game at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Swamp_Cat

FIELD EAST

" He is of no threat to any bodies life from a physical perspective so why waste PUBLIC money on the prospect of jailing him ...

As an alternative , his amazing hurling skills could be used to train some hurling teams - be they young or senior"

------------------

Crazy take!

Oh he has hurt people who are actually sick. As someone whose 45yo significant other has recently finished cancer treatment for the 3rd time in 15 years & is now suffering from an illness brought on by the treatment + surgery, I'm absolutely disgusted by DJ.

He absolutely has hurt current & future individuals w/cancer & their loved ones because people who may have otherwise helped will think twice now. He damaged one of the most important things, the public's trust. Especially given his status, not just in KK but throughout the country.

A truly disgraceful act & to suggest that his potential to contribute to hurling by coaching is a mitigating factor is just ridiculous! I wouldn't want him anywhere near young athletes. He's tarnished for life & prison is the only appropriate option. Sad.

Post edited by Swamp_Cat on

Julie catch a rabbit by its hare...

Advertisement