Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Options
1423424425426427429»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Village87

I agree a lot with this. TJ is the best ever but we need to play without TJ, spare him for the latter stages of the Leinster and All Ireland next year if he is back and see can new leaders emerge, he is doing so much work and taking away so much attention other players are benefitting. I want to see how good Eoin Cody and Adrian Mullen are without him. We need new leaders and youngsters to emerge and Tj in his pure brilliance is actually slowing down a re build.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Marrooned

we don’t often agree but your spot on there. Shefflin didn’t emerge till DJ went, TJ didn’t emerge till Shefflin went.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Nickindublin

Correct. We need the other players to step up. Cody and Mullen wont be able to hide as much if TJ isnt there. Management will also not be able to hide too. How many times hasTJ got us out of jail? The managemnt team will need to create a new way to play.

anyone think about a free taker.I was just thinking of Harry Shine but first he would need to make the fifteen, I know he’s a Boro man but I saw in the O Byrne cup against O Loughlins and I was impressed with him from frees and open play. He has a few critics of which I’d be one at times but he’s still only 20 years of age, I’ll leave it with ye. I don’t want to hear anyone slating the chap just try and give honest criticism or suggest other players who could fill in as free taker.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭davidx40

Does anyone know has the Bord na Nog championship draws taken place , it was meant to happen a few weeks ago but nothing is up on the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Nedflanders02

Yeah I think free taking could be an issue, most of the best free takers at club level wouldn't be good enough to contribute enough from play at intercounty. Cody took some during the league and wasn't bad, maybe thats the bit of extra responsibility he needs to bring the best out of him, it might also help him move around the forward positions and not be stuck in the corner! Hopefully Shine has a good club campaign, he's another next year who will just need loads of game time to let him get used to IC hurling, this year has probably been the first in a long time where he hasn't been dogged with injuries, hopefully we'll see the best of him over the next few months. Hopefully Billy Drennan might come good next year too, he has the talent if he can get his confidence back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭JJs Left Hand

They have up to minor but as you say not on the website yet and to my knowledge no hard dates set which is criminal if true. It'll be very interesting to see how they schedule the minor championship now that these lads can play adult. Once you get past the first week of September the opportunity for midweek games are gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭kk.man

Thing with the league as opposed to years past you need to stay up or else county board will be down a few bob, that's pressure for management.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭Martin567

DJ played with Kilkenny until 2005.

By then Henry was 26, had played 7 years senior for Kilkenny and had three All Ireland medals.

It's stretching things somewhat to say he only emerged after that.

no but he took on the mantle of leader. As the old saying goes the king is dead long live the king.

• Advertisement
Advertisement