Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Comerman

👍 My god.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭Marrooned

serious injury for Brasso? This will leave the village in a precarious situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 93 ✭✭mooz

Village look to be in trouble and hard to believe could be in contention to be relegated. Bennettsbridge playing with very good confidence and moved the ball well through the lines and their ball into Liam Blanchfield was excellent. He was a real thorn in JS side and was a constant goal threat throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Comerman

What happened Brasso?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Neewollah

Coming together of a few bodies under a high ball and Brasso came out the worst of it. Hard to say for sure but potentially a knee injury

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭droppingball

Did look like a knee injury and had to be helped off, didn't look good for him. Bridge threw it around well and worked overlaps to pick of scores

Lauoff and Bergin tried hard for the village but they are lacking cutting edge up front. Liam Blanchfield scored 2 4, such a handful when his eye is in at club level

• Registered Users Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭blackcard

Scoreline flattered the Bridge, a couple of the goals were soft. Village raced into 6 pts to 1 lead before Liam Blanch took over. Kevin and David Blanch also prominent along with Jason Cleere. Thought the Village should have put the head down and gone for goal on a couple of occasions. Bridge had some well worked scores. Cian Kenny playing too deep for me. Village will probably be in bottom 2 but are better than Comer

they might be better than Comer but if it came down to a slogging match then who would come out and who would be most under pressure. Anyway I don’t think they will be in a final battle.

Joey Holden listed at wing back with Darragh Corcoran and Evan Shefflin in midfield for Shamrocks. TJ in subs, no Adrian Mullen. A Clara win wouldn't shock me

the very best of luck to all the academy teams tomorrow hopefully they might lift KK out of the doldrums.

• Advertisement

At the moment, it looks like Glenmore and Village in the bottom 2 on one side, Comer and Clara/Vegas/Shamrocks on the other. I wouldn't put my house on Village versus any of the latter 3

Village are down in their luck at the moment but they'll be fine. On paper they've had their 3 toughest group games. They need to pull together now and tough it out. If they don't they would easily be in a one off game to stay senior

Hard to see how Comer will get enough scores in many games to stay up, they are honest as the day is long though so wouldn't be a shock if they won a dogfight.

If Ballyhale were in relegation/ first round, it just makes the quarters draw mental, like them and the boro last yr.

Is Colin Fennelly coming back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭tbiggertycome

From what I've heard he's injured with very little chance of being fit to play any part in the campaign but I suppose you never know things might just come right for him.

⬇️

This is why I think we should revert to the bottom 4 teams being in the relegation semifinals and if the win their safe for next year but they shouldn't be allowed back into the championship.

I thought the old system brought more cut and raised the stakes and importance of the league stage games. When you see Ballyhale regularly not arsed about the league and still going on to win the championship it makes a mockery of the league stage. It's not Ballyhales fault by the way fair dues to them for being able to do it. What I always felt was great about the Kilkenny Championship structure was there was real jeopardy in the league phase to get a good draw for the championship section. Ballyhale have shown this doesn't exist anymore and the 5 league games are essentially just warm up games now. Used to try and get your game plans and team selections right with little or no pressure because you can finish in 6 place and still be in with the chance of winning the county final if you go undefeated.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 upnorth

I’d regard Tullaroan as difficult an opponent as any of the 3 they’ve played

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Takeyourpoints

I can definitely see the point being made about the lack of jeopardy in the league but I feel like it only applies to Ballyhale. I can't see any other team taking that risk. Once you're in knockout, anything can happen, no matter how good you are. I'm betting that Glenmore and the village will be feeling jeopardy, especially if Ballyhale finish 5th in their group. One bad relegation semi and suddenly you're dragged into a relegation final in October where the weather can be unpredictable and a team like Comer or Fenians who both seem to have nine lives can turn it into a dogfight.

Personally, I've always liked that a team can turn their season around with a relegation semi final win and go on a run to a final, but maybe I like fairytales too much.

• Advertisement

ye Tullaroan won’t be a soft touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Looked like a bad injury in fairness, wishing him all the best.

With Joey back and the shamrocks looking like they're trying to get everyone on the field for knockout, I don't think they'll be stopped come the business end.

Relegation between JS,Comer and Glenmore, with Js unfortunately slight favs at the moment

my point was based off last years form. Tullaroan obviously had a poor year by their standards. Back to their best at the moment. If they lose to thomastown though Village could drag them back into relegation mix if they beat them

All Tullaroan need is a point from their last 3 games to make them safe from relegation in reality. I don't see them dropping off massively they have been very strong so far. Given the two form lines I would expect them to give the Village a really hard day at the office next Saturday. So regardless of the result against Thomastown (which could go either way, should be the game of the weekend) they will be facing a weakened Village team, particularly if Brassill's injury is bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Hurlarious

comer were absolutely destroyed by OLG today in Freshford, 9 wides for them and put up a huge score but comer were missing key men and you still couldn’t write them off to stay up in a relegation battle. OLG in second gear at best today but are the outstanding team to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rebelside

Tipp had a very good team in the Arrabawn tournament, beat our lads handy enough in the semi and gave Kilkenny a clipping in the final

two KK boys sent off in the U15 final, the ref was supposed to be shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rebelside

Only one sent off…a bad foul now. A mentor was booked. I thought the ref was good - a brother of Thomas Walsh maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭Village87

Congrats to Kilkenny on the Tony Forristal win. I see Cork and Tipperary sent in divisional teams. How many teams did Galway send

Advertisement