Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny GAA Thread

1437438439440441443»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭Marrooned

Anyway what about the two Waterford guys, yet another county board messed up. I assumed on Sunday that the chap of the Kirwans was big Franks other son, he scored a nice point and if the two of them get to gel with the rest of the Glenmore team they will be a serious addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Billy Ocean

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭KK36

Would this not have been a Croke Park transfer seeing as it was inter county. Don't think the county board would have had any say in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Deskjockey

Dont know any of the circumstances or clubs or people involved in that transfer but do you not need to have address in Glenmore in order to play with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭droppingball

I believe they were very fortunate to get an apartment over or at a local public house.

• Advertisement

You do. But it's the ease with which this can be "arranged" is the problem with a lot of these transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Waterford seems to be a bit of a free for all to be honest with a lot of freedom for players to move around to bigger and stronger clubs at will. From my understanding (if I'm wrong someone might correct me) a fair share of the current Ballygunner team are not strictly from the parish and come from a neighbouring parish called Gaulteer, a mainly footballing club who contribute hurlers to Ballygunner and Passage and from what I know some of these players would be inter county level. Gaulteer would seem to have enough hurlers to field a decent senior hurling team in Waterford but……………..

Not sure why these 2 lads were stopped hurling in Waterford but it seems a poor structure regarding transfers between clubs and could definitekly do with a parish rule but it would need to apply to everyone and I don't think the bigger clubs would allow it to go through

well it wasn’t initially inter county until they were refused by Waterford County board.

you would want blood hounds to find them chaps in Glenmore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Neewollah

Basically they wanted to go and play senior hurling with Clonea. Waterford County Board wouldn't allow it on the back of a new club after being set up in their area for hurling that takes in the catchment of their 2 clubs and County said they have to join there. Probably only a junior club.

They obviously then had a few contacts or someone approached them from Glenmore and a few properties were found and Croke Park signed off on the inter County transfer.

I can appreciate the players position in wanting to play at the highest level to their ability and also the county boards side of it in trying to promote and support and new local club in a football dominated area

They should be playing with the team where they are from. This is one of the cornerstones of the GAA. Our boys take on yer boys in a battle of the parishes. Some of the **** that has been allowed transfer wise in recent years is disgraceful. If it's allowed to continue we'll have one (or maybe two) superclubs in every county and the rest of us scratching our holes to just exist. Then again, maybe that's what they want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Neewollah

You're spot on. Has already happened in soccer in KK pretty much. 1 club really with a chasing pack of 2 at best.

I suppose the main point here is Waterford CB probably did the right thing here and stuck to their guns. DRA then sided with players. Croke Park then approve an Inter County transfer probably without very little investigation into living circumstances etc. Very easy to get a few bills moved around to prove an address.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭jonniegoogle

Has it happened much in KK?

If so I haven't heard too many complaints.

I don't know the full story regarding the 2 Hogans and Callan. The 2 Powers I presume had no option but to transfer?

Dicksboro need the points today to make them safe, another game where it’s hard to call.

How come I am stuck on 861 posts all week? Does anybody know the reason for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Comerman

That one was 862 Marooned 😁

well comerman but how do they count.

yer man must have falling asleep at the wheel, he’s awake now

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Mad about baa baas

The last 50 or so were all saying pretty much the same thing so he counted them as 1 🤣

Only joking but it was too obvious not to say it😉

• Advertisement

I was thinking that myself, we have an awful lot of smart asses on this channel 😀😀😀

Advertisement