Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget Action camera?

Options
  • 25-06-2021 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I've been looking at action cameras and I'm not sure where to start.

I don't want to spend mad money on a Go Pro and use it a few times a year but I also understand the quality is going to be a lot less the lower price you go.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a camera around 100 euro or are they dirt.

I was looking at this one?
    https://www.did.ie/kaiser-baas-x250-5mp-wi-fi-action-camera-black-127-kba12052-127-kba12052-prd

Has anyone any advice?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I've had a few in my time and they are never quite good enough. If you are using it as an action cam in particular, they have poor or non existent stabilisation, images maybe taken in 1080p but they are still blurry as hell, may as well be 360 or less. Probably the closest to a budget one that was decent was the Drift Innovation ones, they had a few at about €150 and I found them decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

CramCycle wrote: »
    I've had a few in my time and they are never quite good enough. If you are using it as an action cam in particular, they have poor or non existent stabilisation, images maybe taken in 1080p but they are still blurry as hell, may as well be 360 or less. Probably the closest to a budget one that was decent was the Drift Innovation ones, they had a few at about €150 and I found them decent.

I was kind of thinking that was the case alright for a decent one for cycling. I'll probably end up getting one of them or a go pro.
    Thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I was kind of thinking that was the case alright for a decent one for cycling. I'll probably end up getting one of them or a go pro.
    Thanks

I have two go pros, got a good deal on them as the main seller here was getting shunted by gopro who were moving more to direct sales so got the two for almost the price of one. Image quality and stabilisation is incredible, and thats the positives out of the way. Battery is not great, an hour tops with everything knocked off but use anything fancy and it is way less. Hard to flick on and off when riding if you are trying to turn on, particularly when its bright, other cameras had more obvious controls/lights in my opinion. Screen on one is littered with cracks, never dropped or hit, only thing near it was my saddle bag, so somehow that done that. Still works, rang Go Pro, there is no repair option, they did offer me 25% off a gopro hero 9, which isn't what I wanted to do a fortnight after getting two gopro 8s. The other one has a crack right across the screen as well, again, works fine but it wasn't abused, so most likely a tap of a branch or similar so they are not that sturdy in that regard. Personally if you can get a reliable camera with good stabilisation, I'd pick another brand over gopro if possible, only for I got a good price, I would have went with the Drift.

Advertisement