Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slane

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭dobman88

Think people are over estimating the amount of "kids" who are fans of Harry Styles.

Most of his fans would be fans from the One Directions days. They started in 2010 so that's a solid 12 years ago. A whole load of Harry Styles fans would be in their 20s and even 30s at this point.

He's not my cup of tea at all but I think it has the potential to be a great day out for whoever goes. He just seems like a man who was born to perform and if I got a cheap ticket closer to the time, I'd be half tempted to go and see the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Midlands2007

So if I queue for tickets should I go for gold circle as would be bringing 10 & 14 year old? Obviously only there to see Harry and not for the chill out anywhere vibe of going to Slane, not even sure if it is the ideal venue for this age group or am I totally wrong and kids will love it? I myself have no problem walking and standing round for hours minus a few drinks because kids in tow, although will probably be wishing I was chilled out up the hill with a few beers😀 He will definitely put on a great show.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,592 ✭✭✭Penfailed

I paid extra for the Golden Circle for Metallica and I'd do it again tomorrow if I had the chance. It's well worth the extra. In previous years I got in early enough to get pit passes when they were first come, first served.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,951 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea i did the same for the Hella Mega tour, extra few € but was worth it to go in and out as you please.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,430 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Ac/Dc and Pearl Jam must be support acts ??

Come on like.... lads on here are saying that hey are playing Slane since 2017 !!

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

P**sed off AC/DC fans? Not this one anyway. I don't want to go anywhere near Slane. Cheers Harry :D

Hopefully there's not a second Slane concert to be announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,792 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The AC/DC Slane rumour is at least 25 years old.....

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

I've been bringing my daughter to gigs for years now, definitely get the gold circle if you can, and at the end of the gig hang back until the place has pretty much emptied as the crowd could possibly cause distress to the kids especially if you're going up through the village.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Yeah been Slane many times last one was gnr its a b***h of a venue

Just before encore I just go right to the back and then hop on Dublin bus and see fireworks on walk back to village.

See how ticket sales go but fans will still buy them without realising what a b***h of a venue it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I think some people can't distinguish a horrible venue from a inconvenient one.

That poster on AC/DC, why you wouldn't want them at Slane given the gammy stadium they played here last time out, mad stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I never understood why the Phoenix Park doesn't get more gigs.

Slane is just too much hassle and work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

Since the mayhem including stabbings at Phoenix Park at Swedish house mafia show it’s a harder venue to operate.

Add in large resident nature, operational and traffic planning etc. limiting access to the park is difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Slane is the worst big venue Ive ever been to.

Problem with the Phoenix Park is that MCD dont bother hiring enough staff so its a shambles. Huge bar queues, no security and after the gig the lad comes on the PA and shouts at people to leave. And then youre walking through a very large dark park with 50,000 other people.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Always surprised Elton John never played Slane (and never will)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,792 ✭✭✭Fanirish

It’s a been an mcd venue since shows restarted there in 92 and Elton only plays for aiken so Slane was never an option.

I've only read posts from people (including myself) who would like to see AC/DC or Pearl Jam play Slane, not posts saying that they ARE playing. Big difference.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

I love it. I've camped every time. It's by far the best way to do it. I've been five times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I've also camped the last 3 times I've gone. More fun, less stress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

camped 3 times myself, defo the best way to do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭krusty411

Yeah, let's stick more things 15 minutes outside Dublin, where the easiest way to get there involves driving through Dublin, just to show the Dubs.

I would really have to go out of my way to drive through Dublin to get to Slane.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,809 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If you're going to bother camping for Slane just go to a different country to see the band in a good venue. Tickets will be much cheaper too.

And there's no Paddys ole oleing all gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

I'm not from Dublin but would much rather go to Dublin than a village, 35 miles north of Dublin.

You appear to have extremely poor navigational skills but hey why would you need them when your magic method of transport can obviously get you from Dublin city to Slane in 15 minutes regardless.

I said outside Dublin, not outside Dublin centre, suburbs exist.....

Ya forgive me for not assuming you meant Garristown or the like, your previous comment doesn't really correlate much so, anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭HBC08

Slane is difficult to get to and moreso get out of, but when the weather plays ball and the act are on fire (REM 1995,U2 2001,Metallica) then it's the best sight in rock in Ireland.

As an middle aged fart now I'd probably only go for U2 or ACDC,maybe Coldplay could do it justice too

I'm not a massive Harry Styles fan but he's charismatic,writes decent songs,tries things with his songs and seems like a decent chap.

I won't be going but best of luck to him and the younger generation of Slane goers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭thedart

All set myself, have an old dress from herself and a pair of her panties.

Advertisement