Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Midsummer Festival

Options
  • 26-06-2021 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭

Went to an event called The Shake in Elizabeth Fort yday - twas absolutely fantastic! Boogied my asssss off.. not danced like that since an xmas party 2019! Hats off to the organisers and artists.

Anyone been to any events? (either live or on line?)

Obv not as many live events this year due to Covid, but there have been a few over the last 2 weeks and lots on line.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Is that what the amplified music was in relation to? Was going to start a thread about this. I live not too far away and sound volume is very high, unnecessarily so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Is that what the amplified music was in relation to? Was going to start a thread about this. I live not too far away and sound volume is very high, unnecessarily so.

Ya, was wondering what that was coming from. It was ridiculously loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

I'm curious, when exactly was it ridiculously loud?
    I'm wondering because I was actually involved in one CMF project that took place there from Sunday to Tuesday. Completely unamplified, but could have been noisy enough still. It was short enough though. 2 performances a day. I suppose since live music is currently banned indoors, it's either play outdoors or the PUP for now.

Has it been noisy since then? And if yes, worse or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

rahmalec wrote: »
    I'm wondering because I was actually involved in one CMF project that took place there from Sunday to Tuesday. Completely unamplified, but could have been noisy enough still. It was short enough though. 2 performances a day. I suppose since live music is currently banned indoors, it's either play outdoors or the PUP for now.

Well there certainly was something going on there during the day on Saturday and Sunday that was very loudly amplified. Very loud music and what sounded like someone rapping.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭rahmalec

Well there certainly was something going on there during the day on Saturday and Sunday that was very loudly amplified. Very loud music and what sounded like someone rapping.

OK, you mean yesterday and 2 days ago? That wasn't us anyway, no idea what it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭titan18

rahmalec wrote: »

Ya, last two days, at round 7.30 to 9.30 I found it really loud. Ridiculously so imo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

:o:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,885 ✭✭✭sporina

The Shake was on in Elizabeth For on the 25th (3pm, 8pm) and 26th (12pm, 8pm) - duration 1 hr. Yes there was amplified music, and 36 people dancing off the stress of the pandemic etc (while adhering to all covid safety measures).. and it was fantastic.. given what we have all had to put up with the last 15 mths (and its not over yet).

I felt so invigorated after it.. twas such a tonic... and was sooo good to see others enjoying themselves too..

Hopefully we will all be able to enjoy more events like this in the future - we sooo need it!!!

Advertisement