Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue VW Scirocco stolen - Dublin

• 26-06-2021 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi all,

Sorry to bring bad news into this forum but unfortunately my car was stolen from outside my house yesterday afternoon. It’s a blue Volskwagen Scirroco 09-D-15703. I’ve lost hope i’ll see it again, probably burnt out somewhere but said i’d throw it up here as a hail mary anyway. It was packed loaded with clothes, presents and gadgets as I was getting ready to go visit family in Galway for the weekend. It also had my partners passport so our holiday plans have been totally ruined. I know it went northbound on the M50 around 9pm last night cause of the toll tag but other than that it’s a needle in a haystack.

Just please if you could keep an eye out. It had a noticeable enough dent on the passenger side door. They smashed the passenger side window in so it should have the window down that side too. I’ve been informed it has most likely gone to Finglas where the plates will be changed and it will be used for a couple robberies. But like I said, could be anywhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

Sorry for your troubles.

If you could post a pic of the car on here or social media you'd never know people might have seen it.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭DonVito

This is the only photo I have unfortunately

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Ah sorry to hear that DV. :(:mad::mad: I'll keep an eye out. I don't see too many, especially in that colour. How did they steal it and bypass the security to start it?

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

May their arses turn square and fester at the corners.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,318 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

That's terrible. Lovely blue. Surely someone seen it. Have you contacted the Garda?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Will keep an eye out in North Dublin, lovely blue colour. Could be parked up somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,337 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Unusual for such a distinctive car to be taken. Hopefully someone on here will spot it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Beautiful car,can you give a near vicinity where it was taken from? I'm Dublin southside

Cancel that passport

I'm sure I seen that car in sandyford ind I was going to my gp for a check up and it was going past the beacon Hotel towards the mint,I only remember because its my favourite car and noticed the colour, check for camera footage with the beacon and the volvo garage on the opposite side, it was in the lane going towards the mint.

It was stolen from Leopardstown area. Last known location was m50 northbound 9pm last night through the toll. Guards suspect Finglas but I have a gut feelint Celbridge. There were some landscapers in the neighbourhood and one of them was eying the car suspiciously. It’s a discreet cul de sac so very very little foot traffic through it. Had to have been planned I think.

I definitely seen it so.i hope you get it back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

DonVito wrote: »
    It was stolen from Leopardstown area.
    But how did they steal it DV? You said they broke in the window, but how did they start the car without your keys? I'm asking because if there's a weakness in the model's security or some new technique the scum are using the more we know could save someone else, if there's a way to protect against it.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Broke the window took off the handbrake and rolled it?

That doesn't explain how it drove down the M50. Clearly they got it going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'm guessing second key, did it have keyless entry.

I'm taking am wibbs, I actually looked at it and it was a male I seen driving dark haired about 30-40 the backseats looked a bit loaded,and the only reason as I said I noticed the car is because I always said to my husband when I grow up I'm getting one of those, it could have been lifted out of his/her garden .

I'm guessing second key, did it have keyless entry.
    +1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

DonVito wrote: »
    It was stolen from Leopardstown area. Last known location was m50 northbound 9pm last night through the toll. Guards suspect Finglas but I have a gut feelint Celbridge.

They would hardly go through the M50 northbound toll if they were heading for Celbridge. Surely they would go off at Redcow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I suppose it could potentially have been loaded on to the back of a truck and number plate would have triggered the M50 toll whether it was on the back of a truck or under it's own power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

I doubt that will be used for robberies too easy to remember

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

This must really suck. None of your neighbours have security cameras?

Threads like this remind me to get another set set of AirTags and stick one or two in a very hard to find place in the car. I know people get notified when an unknown AirTag is tracking them (even rather quickly as a I tested recently), but it might be enough to either make a potential thief just abandon the car (instead of digging for the AirTag in the engine compartment, cabin trim, somewhere else).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/barrycollins/2021/05/15/apple-airtag-a-brilliant-car-tracker-as-this-road-test-proves/?sh=6ba04b734a36

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/has-anyone-been-able-to-successfully-airtag-their-car.2294197/page-5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

Any update on the car?

Unfortunately, there's no sign of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Unfortunately that car is now most likely broken into parts en route to Eastern Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 mortis43

Why Celbridge? Finglas I understand but Celbridge?

I’m still trying to figure out how they started the engine without the keys.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fookers, not other word for those scum, sorry to hear OP

Advertisement