Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soon to be two under two!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Ah congratulations on no.3! We were in the Oct 2018 thread together although my girl came in September, I think she was the first on that thread!

We didn't bother with a bassinet for no.2, we just used the Out and About laid flat with a Diono cuddlesoft insert for the first few weeks. He was mostly in the sling anyway when we weren't out with the pram!

You'll have your hands full with the 3, best of luck!

Thanks! Hope C is doing well, can't believe our October babies will be for pre school in September!

Baby #3 will be chaos but fun. Having a girl this time which I am super excited about!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That's totally understandable, country roads are a different story!

I find the back garden great too but they get fed up quickly, we have a little climber/slide thing, a water table and a paddling pool but I definitely need to pick up some more bits for the garden. Hard to know what would keep the baby entertained/contained as he is almost 10 months so crawling everywhere and hates being held but he's not really ready for much else.

Yeah it's a tricky age, they're mobile but still zero sense! We actually had the pond filled because I was just too worried about it. You hear so many horrible stories. I know I'm letting my anxiety get the better of me but I just couldn't relax thinking about it. And especially with two, my attention will be divided, we will be tired etc.

We had got in the habit of taking her out for an ice cream to this little park beside us, but with the screaming in the car there and back it just seemed like an unnecessary stress for her. So, I just bought some milk lollies and moulds for freezing fruit etc and we enjoy those out the back now :) Thinking of one of those stand up sand/ water trays. They have some good ones in Smyth's and argos. Even bucket and spade sets. It's so random what they end up drawn to! Then again we are contending with Irish weather so how much use will all these things be lol

We've loads of pets and she's already trying to do the pish pish noise and wave at the cats - they're very freaked out by the hairless cat that's invaded :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Thanks! Hope C is doing well, can't believe our October babies will be for pre school in September!

Yes I know.. scary! I have yet to toilet train her which is my task for the summer..putting it off for another week or two!
    Baby #3 will be chaos but fun. Having a girl this time which I am super excited about!

That's really exciting for you, she'll be well looked after with two big brothers!
    Antares35 wrote:
    We've loads of pets and she's already trying to do the pish pish noise and wave at the cats - they're very freaked out by the hairless cat that's invaded

Haha yeah that's nice to have.. we definitely won't be getting pets to entertain them anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Haha yeah that's nice to have.. we definitely won't be getting pets to entertain them anyway lol

Oh, I was just about to offer you some of mine :D ah no, we've had them for years, all rescues. But it is definitely a lot of work on top of everything else. And while I wouldn't be the kind to get rid of them, I am doing a "phasing out". My fiancé thinks that sounds awful but I just mean we aren't replacing them as they pass. :D:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Only advice for sand tables is to get one with a good lid, especially if you have cats.
    Otherwise you will have very happy cats with their brand new litter box...

• Advertisement
Advertisement