If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denon DRA800H and CD player

Options
  • 26-06-2021 11:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I want a 2 channel stereo amp with some usb HI RES and Internet radio playback and a stand alone CD player for my 1500+discs and cd rs .

I look to Denon DRA800H and a Rotel cd11 Tribute - what do you think of this combination? I have some Mission speakers but can't afford to change at present.

A friend of mine in Canada, swears by the Denon for decent audio quality and got his model new for approx 550 euro, we here in Ireland are paying top dollar for sure!

What is the best VIP price delivered to ROI, also would require an interconnect like a chord or similar but not crazy expensive as I even think the amazon basic cables are decent too.

thank you,
    Vugeloso.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vugeloso wrote: »
    Hello,

I want a 2 channel stereo amp with some usb HI RES and Internet radio playback and a stand alone CD player for my 1500+discs and cd rs .

I look to Denon DRA800H and a Rotel cd11 Tribute - what do you think of this combination? I have some Mission speakers but can't afford to change at present.

A friend of mine in Canada, swears by the Denon for decent audio quality and got his model new for approx 550 euro, we here in Ireland are paying top dollar for sure!

What is the best VIP price delivered to ROI, also would require an interconnect like a chord or similar but not crazy expensive as I even think the amazon basic cables are decent too.

thank you,
    Vugeloso.
    Hi Vugelose.

Thanks for the post.

The DRA800 is a fantastic bit of kit and very popular!
    Its packed with features and inputs.

Its currently priced at 649 Euro which is already a good bit cheaper than our £599 sterling retail.
    I could get it a little lower down to 625 Euro.

It would pair well with the CD11 Tribute which again is another excellent product. Its very well built and has an impressive quality.
    Currently priced at 449 Euro. I could offer this at 420 Euro.

Total for both would be 1045 Euro delivered.

For a Chord Phono cable there is the C-Line 1m priced at 65 Euro - I could offer this along with the system for 50 Euro.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203664-chord-company-c-line-phono-1m-interconnect.aspx

If you wanted something a little cheaper but still good quality there is the Audioquest Tower 1 meter priced at 28 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203164-audioquest-tower-1-meter-rca-phono-interconnect.aspx

You could also use digital coax to connect the two together.
    Chord C-Digital priced at 49 Euro - I could offer it at 40 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203224-chord-c-digital-1m-coax-coaxial.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 vugeloso

Hello,

Thank you for your reply and offers.

I am thinking hard about the amp part now and maybe think the Denon DRA800H is perhaps not what I need afterall..for starters I won't be connecting any TV or dvd player to HDMI ports etc and it has not enough RCA inputs for my other stuff. It will be music listening from CD and from Flac on my PC or usb drives.

I am maybe interested in even a better sounding amp/network combo with digital input too like the N7000N or a Cambridge audio but prefer tone controls and their CX models don't use them? What do you think?

I am looking at reviews on some choices but generally don't believe the one's coming from the what hifi magazine.

I will have a think and get back,

regards,
    Vugelose

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

vugeloso wrote: »
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply and offers.

I am thinking hard about the amp part now and maybe think the Denon DRA800H is perhaps not what I need afterall..for starters I won't be connecting any TV or dvd player to HDMI ports etc and it has not enough RCA inputs for my other stuff. It will be music listening from CD and from Flac on my PC or usb drives.

I am maybe interested in even a better sounding amp/network combo with digital input too like the N7000N or a Cambridge audio but prefer tone controls and their CX models don't use them? What do you think?

I am looking at reviews on some choices but generally don't believe the one's coming from the what hifi magazine.

I will have a think and get back,

regards,
    Vugelose
    Hi Vugeloso.

Thanks for coming back to me.

The PM7000N would be an excellent amp to go for and it has bass and treble controls on the front of it.
    The CXA81 is also one heck of an amp and is very very popular. Several of the guys here also own of these amps.
    The lack of tone controls does not effect this at all as Cambridge have design the CXA range to let you enjoy the music the way it was recorded.

Personally I find What HiFi a good source for reviews and they are one of the industry leaders.

Let me know once you have done a bit if thinking and we can go from there :) 

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.