Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with test audio tour of Elizabeth Fort.

Options
  • 27-06-2021 5:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

So i'm creating a free smartphone tour app for Cork city. In the hope of boosting tourism to the city.

I've created a short test audio file for the Elizabeth fort. I'd love to get the opinion of boards.ie?

I'm going to use the feedback in creating 8 other audio files for various attractions in the city ie. English Market, Public Museum, St. Finbarr's Cathedral etc...

Specifically.

What do you like? What don't you like? And what can be improved?

To listen to the audio file on SoundCloud.

Pls. follow this link...

https://soundcloud.com/dara-burke-804268992/elizabeth-fort/s-eezOVtkYBIn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭LapsypaCork

The voice speed could be a little bit faster as it sounds a bit monotonous, I’d cut the sound effects or have them behind the voice. Try to sound like your telling the story to try to impress someone and less like your reading. Great idea, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭MouseMan01

The voice speed could be a little bit faster as it sounds a bit monotonous, I’d cut the sound effects or have them behind the voice. Try to sound like your telling the story to try to impress someone and less like your reading. Great idea, best of luck.

Excellent points. Thanks LapsypaCork

I'll take those 3 points on board going forward ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

For me the voice speed is spot on but the sound affects were a huge distraction. Nice project :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

MouseMan01 wrote: »
    So i'm creating a free smartphone tour app for Cork city. In the hope of boosting tourism to the city.

I've created a short test audio file for the Elizabeth fort. I'd love to get the opinion of boards.ie?

I'm going to use the feedback in creating 8 other audio files for various attractions in the city ie. English Market, Public Museum, St. Finbarr's Cathedral etc...

Specifically.

What do you like? What don't you like? And what can be improved?

To listen to the audio file on SoundCloud.

Pls. follow this link...

https://soundcloud.com/dara-burke-804268992/elizabeth-fort/s-eezOVtkYBIn
    Thought it was fine though I’m over 62 maybe younger ears might hear differently?
    Bit of an echo

Tempo good for me,
    Sounds are annoying, I reckon cut them.

Maybe a bit more description of the Fort itself, prominence, first built etc. Its audio so we're relying on you to describe it.

Suggest the bit about the women could do with an example of their petty crimes for which they were deported?

• Advertisement
Advertisement