Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CBT out of date

Options
  • 27-06-2021 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    As the title says, it's out. I've been waiting for a test for over a year at this stage. Anyone know what the story is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

fizzypish wrote: »
    Hey,
    As the title says, it's out. I've been waiting for a test for over a year at this stage. Anyone know what the story is?

You'll have to renew your ibt, assuming you're over 24 it's a mod 5 to renew.
    They've gotten more strict since the intro of the new online portal and may not offer you a date at all until its renewed and shows as such on their system.

• Registered Users Posts: 994 ✭✭✭LookBehindYou

Hey,

You would have to do a Module 5 to update your ibt, it only lasts for 2 years.
    You are in this situation because of Covid, the RSA done nothing to help anyone with ibt certs going out of date.
    If you turn up for a Test, without a current IBT cert, the tester would have been emailed from Head office to tell him to check if you have a current in date IBT cert. If not, the test does not go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭fizzypish

Hmmm ok. Thats a pain but not unexpected. Just looked up Module 5. Its basically the IBT again. Another 250 quid again I suppose too. Sigh... Must talk to the instructor. I'd be happy enough to pay the money if I get an intensive 2 day test prep. I don't want to be driving round a car park for a day. I wouldn't class myself as novice rider (Much closer to intermediate) ,I'm also very comfortable on a bike and go for a spin weekly. A day driving round in a car park would be a waste of time. Fingers crossed I suppose.
    Thanks for the info.

Hmmm ok. Thats a pain but not unexpected. Just looked up Module 5. Its basically the IBT again. Another 250 quid again I suppose too. Sigh... Must talk to the instructor. I'd be happy enough to pay the money if I get an intensive 2 day test prep. I don't want to be driving round a car park for a day. I wouldn't class myself as novice rider (Much closer to intermediate) ,I'm also very comfortable on a bike and go for a spin weekly. A day driving round in a car park would be a waste of time. Fingers crossed I suppose.
    Thanks for the info.

Talk to your adi because some are more expensive than €250 for mod 5.
    Keep in mind if they strictly adhere to the official syllabus then it's the mod 5 only.
    If not they may just make it basically a pre test.
    Depends on the adi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭zubair

Mjolnir wrote: »
    Talk to your adi because some are more expensive than €250 for mod 5.
    Keep in mind if they strictly adhere to the official syllabus then it's the mod 5 only.
    If not they may just make it basically a pre test.
    Depends on the adi

Pretty sure module 5 is almost the same price as the full IBT according to my mate who recently re did their IBT.

Definitely talk to the ADI about doing pre test sessions with a mod 5 cert at the end. It should be win win for everyone as they will get a lot of time back vs doing the actual mod 5 with you.

• Advertisement

zubair wrote: »
    Pretty sure module 5 is almost the same price as the full IBT according to my mate who recently re did their IBT.

Definitely talk to the ADI about doing pre test sessions with a mod 5 cert at the end. It should be win win for everyone as they will get a lot of time back vs doing the actual mod 5 with you.

It's not a million miles off at all.
    Yea if they'll do it happy days

Advertisement