Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cherrywood - apartment prices

Options
  • 27-06-2021 11:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi there!

As many of you, I am tired of paying crazy money for renting and I started looking for new developments.

For me it is mandatory to have LUAS or DART close, rather than just bus service, so I found Cherrywood.

The problem is that I can't find prices anywhere for apartments! I saw a thread in here with prices for houses (over 500K) that is way over my budget, that's why I am looking for an apartment

http://www.cherrywooddublin.com/properties/

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Looks like one of these build to rent complexes. Prices on application - rent only in all the literature. like many other complexes built or bought off the plans in the city by investors. Lets face it - if you could rent a car out every day for fifty or sixty years or sell the car only once which would you do?

I would gnaw my arm off rather than buy an appartment in Dublin. No controls, no leglislation to actually cover and prosecute management companies, no control over sink funds, directors all protected with your money against claims under insurance you pay for, no consequences for anti social behaviour etc if the people own the property - a whole can of worms & zero consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

This doesn't look too bad

Decent size too. Needs some decoration work.

https://bidx1.com/en/en-ie/auction/property/58707

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ito

Thanks for the answers; yes, I completely agree that from the business perspective it is way better to be renting the apartments rather than selling them just once. But I also support the the idea of not making business with flats or houses, as people need places to live and even with a good salary is extremely difficult to find something worth it.

Thanks for the links as well, but I am looking for something new; I think many of the developments are slow due to the Brexit, is that true?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Darc19 wrote: »
    This doesn't look too bad

Decent size too. Needs some decoration work.

https://bidx1.com/en/en-ie/auction/property/58707

Bidx1 is an auction prices generally vary greatly then the AMV

Also those marks on the ceiling look like a big concern. Perhaps why it’s going to auction as opposed traditional sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

ted1 wrote: »
    Bidx1 is an auction prices generally vary greatly then the AMV

Also those marks on the ceiling look like a big concern. Perhaps why it’s going to auction as opposed traditional sale

This was unsold at Fridays auction. It is possible to view now.

As it was unsold, it is now for sale at that price.

Most likely a receiver sale and property had been rented.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Darc19 wrote: »
    This was unsold at Fridays auction. It is possible to view now.

As it was unsold, it is now for sale at that price.

Most likely a receiver sale and property had been rented.

Seems like it’s a flat roof. I’d run a mile. Watermarks aren’t a good sign, need structural work

Advertisement