Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting up glamping business

Options
  • 27-06-2021 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi All,

I’ve been wanting to set up my own glamping business for a while now, and am at a stage where I have the capital to make it happen.

I’ve been looking at land around the country and found some suitable sites but struggling to figure out where to start.

I know I’ll need planning permission from the LA- but do I contact them before showing interest in buying the land ( given that most sites are sold subject to planning permission) ?

Would anyone have advice on what my first steps should be ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Depends on whether you want to spend €5k per acre or €50k per acre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Glady90

Depends on whether you want to spend €5k per acre or €50k per acre.

Can you elaborate ? Surely the process would be the same regardless of the price of the site ?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Glady90 wrote: »
    Can you elaborate ? Surely the process would be the same regardless of the price of the site ?
    Thanks

You can buy a forest for about €5k an acre. You then apply for permission to allow you to install sewage system, power etc. Or you can buy a forest with permission already in place for about €50k an acre.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Glady90 wrote: »
    Thanks

If you buy a site with no planning permission it will be cheap. You either succeed to get planning permission after that or you fail and try to sell the site.

If the site has planning permission when you buy it it will cost a multiple of what it would cost without planning permission.

You could buy 10 sites with no pp for the cost of 1 with pp.

Some people would buy a cheap site and try and get pp. Others would buy an expensive site with pp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Glady90

Makes sense Thankyou! A lot of the sites I’m looking at are sold subject to PP, so I guess it’s a case of applying for the permission first and then getting the site assuming someone else hasn’t purchased in the mean time?

• Advertisement
Advertisement