Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solicitor needed for July Provision?!

• 27-06-2021 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all. My son's school suggested he get the July provision. As the school themselves don't offer the service, they advised us to source a SNA/teacher ourselves. We did this, but when signing the forms, which the school have signed, the teacher has signed and we have signed, there also appears to be a page for a solicitor (or very similar profession) to sign.

Am I misreading this or is is something someone has seen before?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

It needs to be notarised. Costs €10 from any solicitor, no appointment needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭sayno

Could you put up a link to the form. Is it HTSEN1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

sayno wrote: »
    Could you put up a link to the form. Is it HTSEN1?

I'll check when I get home. The school gave us the form, so I didn't download it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 135 ✭✭Lovelyguy

sullivlo wrote: »
    It needs to be notarised. Costs €10 from any solicitor, no appointment needed.

Appreciated. I'll visit a few solicitors tomorrow and hope they see me dispite Covid etc.

One more thing if you don't mind. Do you know if the teacher would need to be there or would they just sign away as he's already signed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

Lovelyguy wrote: »
    Appreciated. I'll visit a few solicitors tomorrow and hope they see me dispite Covid etc.

One more thing if you don't mind. Do you know if the teacher would need to be there or would they just sign away as he's already signed?
    When I was doing home tuition, i had to get the form notarised myself (as the teacher) so maybe ring the solicitor in the morning to check.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

A Peace Commissioner can sign it. They don't charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

spurious wrote: »
    A Peace Commissioner can sign it. They don't charge.

If you ring your local garda station they will tell you where you nearest one is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35 BettyBlue22

Hi there OP,

You don't need to get that completed, your tutor (teacher / SNA) does, it's a Statutory Declaration, to confirm that the tutor is who they say they are, and their identity has been verified by someone within the approved categories. It's required for child protection, and as other posters have said, there are a number of people other than solicitors who can sign it. The tutor will be familiar with those forms, and should be able to show it to you, completed, before they start working with your child.

If they don't have a copy of the form, because you have the pack stamped by the school, they can find it on the INTO website as part of the Summer Provision details there and get it completed before they start working with you.

Advertisement