Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power shower tripping circuit breaker but stays running

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Henry...

It's possible but does it happen

The impedance of the main protective conductor is low compared to the fault paths through an Rcd N-E Fault

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Bruthal.

Henry... wrote: »
    It's possible but does it happen

The impedance of the main protective conductor is low compared to the fault paths through an Rcd N-E Fault

It does happen. I've seen cases. More likely in non neutralised houses and also supplied with the older overhead LV lines which was the cases where I seen it

30 amps is 1000 times 30ma so not much needs to divert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭Henry...

Bruthal. wrote: »
    It does happen. I've seen cases. More likely in non neutralised houses and also supplied with the older overhead LV lines which was the cases where I seen it

30 amps is 1000 times 30ma so not much needs to divert.

Ya think I wasn't thinking that through, higher fault current will divert more

Advertisement