Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ps5 lan cable problem

Options
  • 27-06-2021 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭

Ok so I got my shed made into a man cave, the electrician ran a lan cable from my house to the shed so I can use my ps4 or ps5 online, it’s actually just too watch football on the sky app so preferably I’d rather use the PS4 and keep ps5 for the house. 2 weeks ago I was with Eir but have since changed to sky it was working fine with eir but not with sky, I don’t think it’s anything got to do with sky’s end, probably just something simple. I really need help to sort it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Is the lan cable for the shed plugged into the new router?!

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Jayisplay

Is the lan cable for the shed plugged into the new router?!

Yes it is indeed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Have you tried a laptop or some other device with it to make sure it's still working ok?

Yes I tried it in the tv in the shed and it’s working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Yes I tried it in the tv in the shed and it’s working fine

Sounds like the ps is storing old IP address details which are causing connection issues as your router has changed issuing different ip addresses.
    Clear network settings or make sure they are turned to automatic.

What might help is switching to WiFi hotspot to phone then switch back to lan and go through the setup wizard again. That should work.

• Advertisement

Sounds like the ps is storing old IP address details which are causing connection issues as your router has changed issuing different ip addresses.

What might help is switching to WiFi hotspot to phone then switch back to lan and go through the setup wizard again. That should work.

I’ll give that a try tomorrow, can’t move off the sofa bad back today :rolleyes:

So I tried this and still no joy, I press automatic when it comes up for IP address so I presume it’s putting the new one in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Bigmac1euro

Maybe try following this

https://youtu.be/vUJ1ZWr6gPc

Maybe try following this

https://youtu.be/vUJ1ZWr6gPc

No that didn’t work either , I’m really getting frustrated, so I brought the PS4 into the house and tried a small lan cable and it worked just beside the modem, went back out to the shed and long lan cable not working

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Are all the devices in the house being assigned addresses dynamically? Try giving it a static address. Strange that a cable would give up the ghost like that, they can still operate in some form with a bit of physical damage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,806 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

When you said you tried the TV, did you mean you tried it with the same LAN cable as the one that goes into the PS4? If it works with the LAN cable then it definitely points to the PS4. Did you try forgetting/deleting the network from the PS4 and then setting it up again? The fact it works with a short LAN cable would point towards the long one being the culprit, but if the TV works with the long one, then I'm at a loss!

Advertisement