Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

redirected calls on an Android phone

Options
  • 27-06-2021 1:39pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I brought this up on the Mobile Phone forum but I thought I would raise it here.
    I am having trouble with coverage with the Three network at the moment and, with a family member in hospital I need to be contactable at all times.
    The easiest method is to pay the remaining months on my current contract and then go with a sim only plan with VF, but that's going to cost me 600 euro right away.
    So, I have bought a Oneplus Nord N100, Dual Sim, and I will have the Vodafone and Three sims running away, simultaneously.
    The plan then is to have a redirect on the Three sim and send those calls to the VF network, making me available at all times, even on my original number.
    Anyone see an issue with this as a plan?
    I can set up the redirect through the phones call settings, and that should be that.
    I will still be able to contact folk as before, just that the hospital will always be able to find me now...
    Or at least, that is the plan
    Any informed advice is always welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭lordsheepface

Just check with Three and make sure the calls you divert to your new Vodafone number come out of your minutes so there is no extra costs.

Make sure you setup the diverts for each of the different stages like below:

**62*number# Phone switched off/out of coverage (not reachable)
    **67*number# Phone busy (busy/no connect)
    **61*number# Phone not answered (no reply)
    **21*number# At all times (unconditional)

Things like SMS won't forward, it will only be calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,871 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Why not give the person the Vodafone number and then you won't need to redirect?

Advertisement