Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building rates versus people numbers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Genuinely what is bigoted about saying have more people coming to the country and less houses being built might be contributing to our current housing issues?

Awkward all round, really.

People are up in arms daily across the nation about the impact of lack of housing, but then you point out the obvious and it's crickets.

Attitudes have an awfully large role in this housing situation, far over sized.

But this thread is about information, and besides the dude contributing the occupancy number, there's little else forthcoming.

Hopefully that changes if someone can find the "bedrooms built" data I'm after, then we can really zero in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

What is your point here, OP? You appear to be expecting some form of reaction - what, precisely?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

L1011 wrote: »
    What is your point here, OP? You appear to be expecting some form of reaction - what, precisely?

Information, awareness of information, gathering more information, sharing information.

About accommodation and factors affecting accommodation. In the accommodation section.

Is that okay?

Perhaps I've said something I shouldn't have said?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

tDw6u1bj wrote: »
    Ahh...regular as clockwork

This god-forsaken site never fails to shoe-horn bigoted nonsense into every topic.

Supply and demand are racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,826 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

L1011 wrote: »

He has a point, we here constantly about the supply of housing and the "housing crisis" but no one ever talks about the demand crisis, the Thatcherism on speed approach to inward migration.

Say the highly capable and impressive o'Broin gets in as Minister and has a generous budget allocation.

It will not change the Nature of the crisis, it will just increase the scale.

Ultimately no one Left or right wants to solve it because cheap Labour, increased property demand, increased consumer demand are now free market pillars and left or right will not challenge it meaningfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Gradius wrote: »
    Information, awareness of information, gathering more information, sharing information.

About accommodation and factors affecting accommodation. In the accommodation section.

Is that okay?

Perhaps I've said something I shouldn't have said?

You appear quite disappointed at not getting some form of specific "information" in replies, though, but you still aren't saying what it is.

This thread is worthless and is not to continue or be recreated

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement