Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mushkin Pilot-E: best bang for buck 2TB NVMe?

Options
  • 27-06-2021 3:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

I can pick this up for €230 delivered from alternate.de but I wanted to get some more opinions before I pull the trigger.

Is this the best bang for buck NVMe or are there others I should consider?

The intended use is day to day, gaming, linux host system and other OS like Mac OS and Windows running in virtualisation with VFIO.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,648 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

I can pick this up for €230 delivered from alternate.de but I wanted to get some more opinions before I pull the trigger.

Is this the best bang for buck NVMe or are there others I should consider?

The intended use is day to day, gaming, linux host system and other OS like Mac OS and Windows running in virtualisation with VFIO.

No experience with it myself but Linus Tech Tips have an SSD tier list here: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1092033-ssd-tier-list/ and it's on the same tier as the likes of the Sabrent Rocket, Samsung Evo 970 and WD Black SN750 which would be more common options so I'd say it's worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Thanks, I will check out that LTT list.

I actually picked up a SABRENT-ROCKET-2TB (model name) for less than €200 on eBay but I got a faulty unit, a seller unwilling to cooperate, and made the mistake of not using Paypal. Thankfully the bank intimated it would be covered and they are processing a chargeback so now considering my options again.

I have learned one pro for the Mushkin versus the Sabrent is the 96L NAND.

Advertisement