Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to buy a house from the HSE

Options
  • 27-06-2021 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I wanted to buy a house that has been abandoned for 10 years, after a bit of research I found out the HSE own the house. Who would I contact to try buy it? Or is it even possible?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭selassie

There's no way the HSE is gonna sell an individual house no matter the state it's in to a random member of the public.

Your best bet is to get on to the local councillors and TDs and moan about the abandoned gaff in public ownership and something might be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Do they own it, or just have a lien on it due to the former resident using Fair Deal?

If they own it, contact HSE Estates for your area.

If its a lien, you need to find the executor for the will of the deceased, but if someones died intestate with no obvious relatives there won't be any movement.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 John1g

“Charge for such amount as may become payable under the terms of Instrument Number *****
    The Health Service Executive is owner of this charge”

Now that you say it I’m not sure they do fully own it, the above is what I got from The Property Registration Authority.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭westgolf

John1g wrote: »
    “Charge for such amount as may become payable under the terms of Instrument Number *****
    The Health Service Executive is owner of this charge”

Now that you say it I’m not sure they do fully own it, the above is what I got from The Property Registration Authority.

They don't own the property at all. That is a charge or mortgage over the property indicating that they have first dibs on any sale proceeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,778 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Yes, thats a Fair Deal lien, and won't be for the full value (there's a max) either. Whoever is listed as the owner on the folio is still the actual legal owner; or more likely their estate is unless they are a very long term nursing home resident.

Ask around locally to see if they are alive or dead, and if they have died, who inherited. You may not find people willing to tell you this though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement