Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Service question

• 27-06-2021 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I’ve got a 2019 Benimar Ford Transit chassis, due an oil service - maybe a stupid question, but for just a mechanical service like this, is it just a regular Ford dealer?

Still in warranty so want to keep it all in check etc

Thanks,
    Tom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

Yes. For anything cab/engine related a regular Ford dealer would be the right place to go. Just check that the one you're using has a ramp of a suitable length, or an inspection pit, and a workshop door high enough for access.

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭thos

Thanks, main dealer booked in now. Couple of recalls to be done too, so that's peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

New EU regulations which came into force last year mean that motorists can now get their new car serviced at a garage of their choice without affecting the warranty, so long as the parts used are of a similar or better quality to those originally fitted.

Does that make me liable if I fit Ebay parts?

I bought a brand new exhaust with a factory hole in it once...swear to gawd.

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Was the exhaust japanese - they sometimes cleverly had a weep hole so they didn't fill up with condensation on short journeys. Something european manufacturers should have learned.

• Advertisement
Advertisement