Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to close account

Options
  • 27-06-2021 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hello, a few days ago I talked to your colleague we are moving from the apartment on 30.6.21 and we are leaving Ireland 9.7..I was told that that day 30.6. I have to call cancel the account say final meter reading and u will tell me the final bill. did I understand that well or for how long will I get the final bill?
    I need it as soon as possible. I normally pay via direct debit but I was advised to cancel it as well but I need to pay it as soon as possible, which told me that I can do it online but how can I pay online when I cancel my account and also need to send my final bill to my email because we are leaving ireland and this is the fastest way to get it and pay it .. We should now receive an bill after 2 months at the end of june. I was told that you can send me this day 30.6 a confirmation email cos I need proof for agency that I close my account and that all bills are paid. I need send this email to the agency otherwise it will not return our deposit to us until then. Can you write me the exact procedure when I call how to do it? The name of the new tenant we know is my friend so I will report his initials.thanks so much for help..I'm just calling all the companies right now and I'm already confused about what to do.thanks so much

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi steprule, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

The account will be closed once you provide the final meter reading on the day you move out. In the case of electricity, the bill is usually issued the following day. However, a gas bill will take a few days.

You can either call 1800 372 372 on the day or fill out the closing account form on our website. You may prefer call as the account would be closed while you are on the phone. 

You will need a forwarding address, the final meter reading, the date of the reading, along with the name and number of the new tenant.

You pay online here by card if you wish once you have the final bill. 

Please let us know if you have any other questions. 

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

• Registered Users Posts: 2 stepule

Hi Aiofe, thanks for answer . I closed the account electric ireland and received the final account which I paid immediately, but my agent does not want to accept it, she requires me an email from electric ireland but she need the bill showing 0 and confirmation that the account is closed.I called and wrote 10 times to you where everyone confirmed to me that the final bill is a confirmation for the agency that the account is closed and paid, but she still requires this from me.and I really don't know what to do.until this aprrove they don't give me deposit back. Can you help me? I sent the final bill to the agency where it is clear that the account is closed on June 30, 21 and sent proof of payment of the final amount.thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi stepule, 

Thank you for getting in touch again. 

We are unable to issue a new bill. My colleagues are correct that the bill is the notification that the account is closed.

The only other suggestion I can make is an account balance. This will show you have paid in full. 

If you would like us to request an account balance, please send us a private message. 

For account security, we required the following information: 

- Your full name
    - Your address
    - Your contact number
    - Your account number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (yes/no)

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement