Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Big tree chopped - Dublin

• 28-06-2021 10:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭

Hi all, a massive Sycamore tree was cut in my area...I asked people doing the work why it is done during the nesting season and I am told due to healthy and safety (tree could fall, etc)...

What's the right place to report? NPWS?

Assume the owner should have the right assessment documented to support chopping the tree?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,355 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

there are a few ifs, buts, and maybes - usually if a tree is within 100foot of a dwelling, it can be taken down without a licence, but there are *lots* of reports of tree surgeons being, shall we say, hasty in condemning trees as a public safety issue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks, yes I thought to...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Scotty #

A tree within 10 meters of a road/path or 30 meters of a building may be felled without licence if the owner deems it unsafe.

More info... https://assets.gov.ie/96783/dd685e5f-1628-4a24-87ab-888d1e3a7845.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Thanks Scotty, that helps...."in the opinion of the owner (being an opinion formed on reasonable grounds)"

"Trees outside a forest – within 10 metres of a public road and which, in the opinion of the owner (being an opinion formed on reasonable grounds), is dangerous to persons using the public road on account of its age or condition."

Advertisement