Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiotherapy Arthritis

Options
  • 28-06-2021 11:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

After 2 years of waiting for an MRI, various xrays and some Physio sessions which did help, I've just been diagnosed with Arthritis, it's in a very difficult place behind knee cap. All along it was assumed I had a muscle or ligament strain.

Despite the therapy which did help a little, the covid restrictions made it difficult to get appointments. I'm awaiting report to be sent to GP but wondered would returning to Physio help. Sadly my knee is so bad, even driving has become difficult and sleep seriously impacted as resting leg causes pain to worsen.

I should state I've a long term Thyroid illness which may be linked.

Thanks in advance

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi all,

After 2 years of waiting for an MRI, various xrays and some Physio sessions which did help, I've just been diagnosed with Arthritis, it's in a very difficult place behind knee cap. All along it was assumed I had a muscle or ligament strain.

Despite the therapy which did help a little, the covid restrictions made it difficult to get appointments. I'm awaiting report to be sent to GP but wondered would returning to Physio help. Sadly my knee is so bad, even driving has become difficult and sleep seriously impacted as resting leg causes pain to worsen.

I should state I've a long term Thyroid illness which may be linked.

Thanks in advance

Have you done research to food diet as well?

My mother has the same issue and is waiting for a knee operation.

I contacted the local health clinic as she has a medical card and they do offer physio services once you give them medical info tailored to your specific condition.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

markmoto wrote: »
    Have you done research to food diet as well?

Hi there, yes indeed, I'm actually a chef by profession (but gave it up a few years ago), I've a pretty good diet generally but since diagnosis, I've read up on best foods re the condition. Thank you for the response :)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,984 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

whatnow! wrote: »
    My mother has the same issue and is waiting for a knee operation.

I contacted the local health clinic as she has a medical card and they do offer physio services once you give them medical info tailored to your specific condition.

Thank you, I had a number of sessions previously, the physiotherapist was excellent and I certainly got some relief, unfortunately both she and I assumed I had a muscle, ligament problem. Good to know there's taylored option focusing on my type of Arthritis.

Hard to say if an operation will be required in my case but I suspect it will, I've had pain and difficulty now for almost 3 years. I have a medical card for another long term Thyroid disease, so I'll certainly follow up with local clinic. Thanks again, appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Hi there, yes indeed, I'm actually a chef by profession (but gave it up a few years ago), I've a pretty good diet generally but since diagnosis, I've read up on best foods re the condition. Thank you for the response :)

Cool, my mate didn't know how to cook when he got arthritis, he got so upset that eventually start fasting every second day. And days he didn't fast had one meal a day full of veg and chopped steak or liver. No potatoes, sugar, fruits, process food or anything of that matter.

Within 1 month pain is gone, saved money on food and physio.
    Hope it helps. But talk to doctor first.

• Advertisement
Advertisement