Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No response to reported post in Covid forum

Options
  • 28-06-2021 12:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

I have reported this post twice, specifically the bit in bold, and I have had no response whatsoever. Deliberately misleading, false information and attacking another poster(s) for providing correct, factual information. Please can someone respond?

khalessi wrote: »
    I did quote Dr Gabriel Scally a while ago from a radio interview, saying 1 in 8 primary children got Long Covid and 1 in 7 secondary when discussing Covid in Britain. Interesting figures though i am sure due to the difference in severity of the illness not all ended up in hospital. We cannot look at figures here due to the curtain of GDPR.

Why are you and CS always so dismissive?

It happens and at the moment in adults they are noticing an issue with decreasing grey matter being replaced with white matter. It is a small number but should not be ignored.
    I am glad you arent in power otherwise people with CF in this country would be ignored because CF occurs in 1 in 20 people here (1 in 16 Cork).

I find it interesting you are quick to dismiss any mention of continuing illnesses that dont match your utopic view.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

From https://www.cfireland.ie/
    approximately 1 in 19 Irish people are said to 'carry' one copy of the altered gene that causes Cystic Fibrosis

None of us claim to be experts, but you provided no evidence to support your claim

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

And before you say it's not 1 in 20 that actually have the disease, that's not quite what the poster stated. It's an important enough stat for CF Ireland to state on their front page, and in the context of the thread in question it's really not a point that was focussed on by anyone else. No further action was necessary here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭Lillyfae

Beasty wrote: »
    And before you say it's not 1 in 20 that actually have the disease, that's not quite what the poster stated. It's an important enough stat for CF Ireland to state on their front page, and in the context of the thread in question it's really not a point that was focussed on by anyone else. No further action was necessary here.

It is deliberately misleading to use the word “occur”, especially when using it as evidence that other posters (especially raind who can back up everything they post) don’t care about vulnerable people and would see them harmed. It’s unnecessary and emotive, and off topic.

I have nothing more to say on the matter.

Advertisement