Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prizes for open singles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭big_drive

[PHP][/PHP]
    IK09 wrote: »
    Our club have a rule where you can place 1st in the Captains Prize and the Presidents Prize but you cannot collect the 1st place prize until you have been a member for 2 years.

I only just started playing comps and I was kinda pissed about it when I found out I had only been a member for 18 months and couldnt win, then I was talking to a guy who came 2nd to a guy who was playing off 36, was with the club 2 months and was a complete bandit. The Bandit won it took the prize and was never seen in the club again.

I understood the reasoning behind the rule then, but maybe 2 years is a bit long to have an exemption.

I've heard that rule in a lot of clubs but usually it's for one year. As you said two years is a bit long I think

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭NotCarrotRidge

DuckSlice wrote: »
    What was the winning score and what came second? Were they miles ahead of the second place team?

Miles!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Trampas

Miles!

Would it be a par 5 length?

Advertisement