Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a used car near Limerick?

• 28-06-2021 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello All, as a first time car buyer (and new to Limerick) I'm wondering if anyone could share their recommendations on a trusted place to buy a secondhand car near limerick? Ideally, I am looking for an automatic transmission toyota or honda (but would settle for another reliable brand) under 8k.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Try Enterprise Cars (Tom Beary)on the Dock Road. He has a large selection of automatic Japanese models.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewtoLim

Thank you chicorytip for the recommendation! Are they reasonably reputable and fair? As a young female I'm a bit nervous about the endeavor since I don't know a lot about cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

NewtoLim wrote: »
    Hello All, as a first time car buyer (and new to Limerick) I'm wondering if anyone could share their recommendations on a trusted place to buy a secondhand car near limerick? Ideally, I am looking for an automatic transmission toyota or honda (but would settle for another reliable brand) under 8k.

Could try Brian Geary Toyota in Raheen. In business a long time and a good reputation. They may have a suitable automatic.

PH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

I have found Gearys excellent.

As a main Toyota dealer, they will have a good range.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 NewtoLim

Thank you pathogan2008 and Bicyclette for the recommendation! Unfortunately, I just looked at his website and the cheapest automatic is 10k. But I really appreciate the time you took to reply and I'll keep my eye out to see if he has any others come up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭pathogan2008

Thank you pathogan2008 and Bicyclette for the recommendation! Unfortunately, I just looked at his website and the cheapest automatic is 10k. But I really appreciate the time you took to reply and I'll keep my eye out to see if he has any others come up.

Worth calling and asking for sales - they may have some coming in as trade-ins on July 1st that aren't up on the website yet - strike while the iron is hot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,271 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I don't think you will find much for under 8k from the big main brand dealers. They tend to sell cars they take in as part exchange in that price range on to the trade(smaller independent dealers) as they won't their used car warranty criteria. Also Japanese automatic cars such as Toyota or Honda tend to be in short supply and high demand so prices are strong, so you might have to look beyond Limerick for the right car.

Here is an example of a Japanese Toyota Vitz automatic within your budget, as you can see it's strong money for a car that is nearly 10 years old:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2686482

If you want a hybrid then these are on offer from the same dealer but again prices are high for the age:
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2583522
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2821345
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2685713
    https://www.carsireland.ie/2714355

Personally I'd go with one of the Honda Fits out of that bunch unless you need something bigger. I have no experience of buying from the dealer but they are around a very long time so that's a major plus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,911 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

Anything you're looking at will have an internet ad somewhere either donedeal, carzone, dealers own website so put up links on this thread and people can advise you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,468 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Try Optimum Autos in Ennis. They do a lot of Toyota Aqua, Honda Fit, Nissan March etc, usually hybrid or automatic and Japanese import.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Thank you chicorytip for the recommendation! Are they reasonably reputable and fair? As a young female I'm a bit nervous about the endeavor since I don't know a lot about cars.
    Yes, they certainly are reputable, fair and honest and have been operating for many years. I have purchased a car from this particular garage myself in the past so can speak from experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 379 ✭✭Bicyclette

We have bought two new cars from them and one second hand.

When my husband got a bad batch of diesel in his car - which was a Toyota but not a Brian Geary purchase - they were brilliant. Really went the extra mile.

And when someone crashed into my own car (again not a Geary purchase at the time) they were really good. The actual repair costs were less than the original quote.

If my daughter was buying a car, I'd happily send her there.

Advertisement