Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin essential upgrade works

Options
  • 28-06-2021 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭

Just got a letter in the door from Virgin saying that they will be doing ‘essential upgrade works’ in our area in July and that they may need access to our property. However, we don’t have Virgin internet (not since it was NTL!), and the letter is addressed to ‘The Resident’. There’s a load of lovely considerate stuff about how safe their crews are, PPE, etc, but my question is why do Virgin need access to properties not subscribed to their network? I thought that eir were in charge of the physical infrastructure? I tried to ring and email them, but have not had an answer yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

sushisushi wrote: »
    I tried to ring and email them, but have not had an answer yet.

VM have their own network.

They paid a marketing company to leaflet and it was simpler for them to do every house than work out which were subscribers.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭sushisushi

ED E wrote: »
    VM have their own network.

They paid a marketing company to leaflet and it was simpler for them to do every house than work out which were subscribers.

Aha, right, I didn’t realise they had their own network.

And yes, it was very obviously a blanket letter that was sent to everyone on the road, I just thought it was odd. Their email response wasn’t much help, although they offered to find out exactly what days the crews would be around. Hopefully there won’t be a repeat of last autumn - I don’t know what eir were up to then, but it was like dialling out on a piece of wet string for a while there…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭DopeTech

You don't necessarily need to be a subscriber to have one of their cables traipsed across your guttering. They have been replacing the taps on these in my estate a few months ago so probably the same in this case. If you don't have any cables across your house then ignore it. They will be up the ladder and done within 2 minutes in most cases.

Advertisement