Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SHEEPhoning it in - The Reveal

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

Think my own first one was 2000 or so, though not 100%

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

quickbeam wrote: »
    I can't actually remember when i had my first phone, but I do remember thinking in the late 90s that I'd never bother with one as I couldn't see the point :pac: .

Back in the days when you had to be fairly on time to meet some one, because if you were more than 10 mins or so late they'd likely just give up on you... and call boxes... buying phone cards and ringing someone's home landline asking if your mate had left yet... :D Today's teenagers are missing out ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

quickbeam wrote: »
    I can't actually remember when i had my first phone, but I do remember thinking in the late 90s that I'd never bother with one as I couldn't see the point :pac: .

I actually made a date up (an unpopular one obviously) if I'd have put the real one - I'd have still aced :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭aaronjennings

Congratulations to our co-winners, and well done on dipping your toe in as host, really good job and it seems like, ironically, nothing went wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

And there were no takers for 1997, my Dad got one in 1997, if someone was going somewhere for a day they got to bring the phone :D And then when my Mom was in hospital she took it with her so we could call her in the evenings because it was too far to visit everyday. That was a real perk back then when they were uncommon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭Sawduck

nothing wrote: »
    And with all that, I can announce that our winners are

next_g2.jpg

Toto Wolfcastle and ShaneU on 108 points

In second place, with 107 points, Electric Nitwit

In third place with 103 points, beakerjoe

1.jpg

And sorry to JP Liz V1, despite your valiant efforts you have missed out on the wooden phone which goes to Sawduck

That's a beautiful looking wooden phone I'll happily take that,I have never been good with phones anyway always losing them or breaking them somehow. Congrats to the winners and good job at hosting nothing

Sawduck wrote: »
    That's a beautiful looking wooden phone I'll happily take that,I have never been good with phones anyway always losing them or breaking them somehow. Congrats to the winners and good job at hosting nothing

I tried to find an ugly one but couldn't!

Thanks everyone for your entries, advice and support tonight, it made things run fairly smoothly!

I have a kangaroo idea for my next one, but needs some thinking

Thanks for (that) nothing.

T'was a fun topic. Nice trip down memory lane.

Not sure I believe all the golden oldies only got their first phones in 2000 though...

Well done on the first reveal nothing, great job. Loved the great/terrible jokes! :D

Congrats to the joint winners, and to Sawduck for the wooden spoon phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well done winners and thank you nothing

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,311 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Congrats Shane and Toto, and well done nothing on a very entertaining game and reveal.

Technically I got my first phone in 1999 because I was on call for Y2K and work insisted that I needed a phone so they gave me one. When it all turned out to be much ado about nothing they took it back a couple of weeks later. :D I didn't get one of my own for probably another 2 or 3 years because I hated the idea of always being contactable.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,489 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Congrats Shane and Toto , thanks nothing for running a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Purgative

Zaph wrote: »

Technically I got my first phone in 1999 because I was on call for Y2K and work insisted that I needed a phone so they gave me one. When it all turned out to be much ado about nothing they took it back a couple of weeks later. :D I didn't get one of my own for probably another 2 or 3 years because I hated the idea of always being contactable.

That's the big downside for a few games and gimmicks.

Back in the day a traveling job was one of the best :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,391 ✭✭✭davetherave

Great host and reveal nothing. No excuses holding you back now (says he who hasn't run a game :pac: )

Well done everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

OMG the excitement! This has cheered me up!

Congrats ShaneU and thanks for a great reveal, nothing. Really enjoyed the jokes.
    What are the chances?
    I was lying too :D

Me too. I got mine a year later but all my friends had theirs the year before me so I went with what I thought was quite a popular year for phones!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

Congrats Toto and Shane! Great sheep and reveal nothing...

Yeah I was the 1995 answer. Was in NY at the time though. We didn't rely on them as much at the time as folks did here. I remember being amazed in around 2000 at how people cou,dnt enjoy a night out without constantly texting each other. We would have still just made arrangements and kept to them..

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Edser

Just catching up..

Congrats to the winners, and great job running, nothing - thanks :)

Good game all!

Advertisement