Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking and parking permits?

Options
  • 29-06-2021 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

So I've recently bought a car. It's still at my parents but I want to park in near my house. I love in a small lane in D6. One end of the lane has a parking meter, a sign and painted parking spots. The other end had a few double yellows but nothing more than that. It also is X Lane North as opposed to X Lane South... so are they different lanes? Is there a possibility it's free parking? I've parked a few rental cars there before but only for a few hours. My housemate reckons it's free and always gets visitors to park there but my friend said there is no free parking in Dublin.

Also, if I do need a permit to park there is it only for my lane? Or can I park somewhere nearby if it's full? Again, would the North/South part of the name affect which part of the street I can park on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

openup wrote: »
    .... my friend said there is no free parking in Dublin.
    There's plenty of free parking in Dublin - you just need to know where to look.

If the lane doesn't have double yellows, doesn't have marked out spaces and a parked vehicle would not impede the access for emergency vehicles, I'd presume there is no parking charge.

Why not ask your neighbours?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,322 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

openup wrote: »
    So I've recently bought a car. It's still at my parents but I want to park in near my house. I love in a small lane in D6. One end of the lane has a parking meter, a sign and painted parking spots. The other end had a few double yellows but nothing more than that. It also is X Lane North as opposed to X Lane South... so are they different lanes? Is there a possibility it's free parking? I've parked a few rental cars there before but only for a few hours. My housemate reckons it's free and always gets visitors to park there but my friend said there is no free parking in Dublin.

Also, if I do need a permit to park there is it only for my lane? Or can I park somewhere nearby if it's full? Again, would the North/South part of the name affect which part of the street I can park on?

Ring up DCC with the actual address and eircode and they will tell you what, if any, parking permits are available for the address.

Advertisement