Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re : Email Help needed!

Options
  • 29-06-2021 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi there,
    I currently have an email address with eir & as they are increasing their monthly charge on the 1st of July 🙄I need to get rid of it , I have set up
    A gmail account but I need to move everything from my inbox & folders & all incoming mail to the new gmail account! Is this possible? I’m a bit of a techno phone so any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭jhud

coathanger wrote: »
    Hi there,
    I currently have an email address with eir & as they are increasing their monthly charge on the 1st of July 🙄I need to get rid of it , I have set up
    A gmail account but I need to move everything from my inbox & folders & all incoming mail to the new gmail account! Is this possible? I’m a bit of a techno phone so any help would be much appreciated?

Thanks in advance
    The main thing is you will not be able to get any incoming email from eir without keeping the account open as you cannot keep it as eir own it You will need to change and update accounts online you use with this email and tell anyone you get emails off to change to your new email.

You will need to figure out best way to export email or setup email on an app like outlook or something free like express to export email to PST or equivalent then you setup Google Gmail on this app also and import PST or equivalent lots of guides online if you search.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

This worked for me, for moving emails easily.
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=112897411&postcount=48

I also advised all companies that I had regular email correspondence with, that my eircom address was closing and provided them with the new address.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,834 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Use a mail client like Thunderbird or Outlook and then create an archive (PST, MBOX, EML)

There's also a program called Mail Store that can download webmail accounts and create an archive.
    https://www.mailstore.com/en/products/mailstore-home/

Advertisement