Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin USA Embassy appointments

Options
  • 29-06-2021 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭

Hey all

Anyone know when the Dublin USA embassy is expected to open back up for VISA appointments?
    I applied back in September, but each time I check (daily) the appointment schedule has no slots available. I’m assuming it’s related to Irish Govs Covid lockdown.

If it’s relevant I’m moving to VA on an L1A visa. Sponsored by my employer.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭SweetSand

No one knows :((( I know few people who flew to London last autumn to get their US visas, before all the quarantine hotel/travel restrictions were set. I am not sure if London embassy is open right now but it definitely was one of few that was open last autumn. Maybe do some research into this route. If travel restrictions are lifted and embassy is open in London you can transfer your case from Dublin embassy to any other one in the world. Although I am not very clear what you mean “you applied”?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Sorry when I say applied, all forms are completed, now waiting for our appointment/interview on the DS-160.
    Stuck at the sage of selecting appointment date and paying the €1,800.

Thanks for the response, I'll look into moving the case to UK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

The embassy in London recently cancelled all non-immigrant visa appointments and are not doing any L visa interviews right now unless you qualify for an NIE.

I found a work around, splitting out the group into individual applications. We got appointments within 2/3 days for 6 people spread out over Sept and October.

Checked in for appointments every 30/40mins from 8am to 8pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D8refurb

Hi All. I have an appointment for L1 visa interview on 22nd of Oct 2021 but as the travel ban is not due to lift until 15th Nov 2021 the advice from lawyers is to reschedule appointment until after the travel bans lifts otherwise there is a high chance the visa will be denied. (Don't qualify for NIE). The problem is when I go to reschedule there are no dates at all available! So I can't reschedule but can't attend? It's crazy. Contacted the appointment scheduling helpline and they were no help.

Any advice welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

But sure if your interview is the 22nd they hardly expect you t be going immediately anyway? It's takes maybe a few days to get your passport back and then organise moving etc! I was there two weeks ago and there was a steady stream of people for visa interviews (I was doing a passport renewal).

• Registered Users Posts: 3 D8refurb

You would think so but lawyers are saying they had a case this week where someone attended without an NIE (against their advice) and application was refused unless they could provide an NIE same day. It's just so crazy that I can't reschedule to Nov.

I feel your pain :( I def would listen to lawyers and not go to the interview on the 22nd. I guess the only thing you can do - keep checking appointment page in case there is cancellation or embassy opens new appointments in November. It will be interesting to see what will happen in November. Embassy in Ireland is still running limited operations but maybe in November they ll open up fully?

I’m gonna go in on the 18th my plan is to move in June/July.

Nabber, let us know how you get with your interview please. Do you qualify for NIE? I am interested to see as I know some cases in other EU countries with L visa applications without NIE and they were approved but visas weren’t put into passports and people were told to wait until the end of proclamation. On the other hand - you probably have your own reasons and plans but you will be wasting precious 6 months of your L visa if you are only planning to move in the summer 2022. It sounds crazy but our first 3 years flew and we got 2nd L visa and although green card was applied for, it was taking so long and some people don’t want to go green card route so only stay for the max duration of L visas. Just something to think about.

• Advertisement
Advertisement