Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

hynesie08 wrote: »
    8 and a bit weeks is not over 3 months by any recognized measure.....

Sorry, got my maths wrong over 2 months then. Point doesn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭prunudo

hynesie08 wrote: »
    8 and a bit weeks is not over 3 months by any recognized measure.....

Lets be honest, it doesn't really matter, the fact is, they felt they could allow a test event with no masks and no social distancing. Yet here we are, with over 1/2 the population vaccinated, 3/5 of who are fully vaccinated and we playing covid theatre with nonsensical test events and indoor hospitality not even on the cards yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

prunudo wrote: »
    Lets be honest, it doesn't really matter, the fact is, they felt they could allow a test event with no masks and no social distancing. Yet here we are, with over 1/2 the population vaccinated, 3/5 of who are fully vaccinated and we playing covid theatre with nonsensical test events and indoor hospitality not even on the cards yet.

All they are asking is to hold tough, better days are ahead.

Not too many hashtags on SM other than piss take one

https://twitter.com/HanrattyDave/status/1411417273013833731

• Registered Users Posts: 11,663 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Front page of Business Post tomorrow:
    557516.png

And Sunday Times:
    557517.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭prunudo

So obsessed with wanting to be liked by the rest of the world they've overlooked the part where they make their own citizens happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I looked at this and thought it was a píss take/photoshop job and now on reflection I am questioning it.

Is it real?

I looked at this and thought it was a píss take/photoshop job and now on reflection I am questioning it.

Is it real?

Seems to be the same designs around the screens that Catherine Martin was tweeting earlier. I'd assume it's real

https://twitter.com/cathmartingreen/status/1411420893465743360

• Registered Users Posts: 8,571 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Talking to a few friends around the country it’s pretty clear that many places are serving indoors and not following the letter of the law to the ninth degree. Some friends in the west of country are pinting away, some places in the east are doing as they please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sheep penned in. Crowd look like they're having "fun".

What are we actually learning from nonsense like this? Shouldn't we be testing real world conditions or is this what is in store for us for the foreseeable future?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

JRant wrote: »
    There's an element of playing to camera in some of those responses. Us, I'd imagine a few told the reporters that they didn't give a shïtê but RTE are never going to show those types of responses.

This was the ITV report/video I meant. An actual proper test and yet some of the attendees still worried - as I said above, why did they go then?

I said it months ago too but the damage to people's mental health has been immense and will take years or even longer to undo in some cases.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,357 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is that a Photoshop? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,511 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Surely there is not a chance that this is real :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

557516.png

The fact that that headline is pitched as the Government defying NPHET is right there the entire problem!!

The Government are the ones supposed to be in charge! The only ones they're answerable to (supposedly!) is the electorate, not a group of ass-covering incompetent HSE staffers that have squandered billions of Euro through the mismanagement of our health service each year for decades.

Talking to a few friends around the country it’s pretty clear that many places are serving indoors and not following the letter of the law to the ninth degree. Some friends in the west of country are pinting away, some places in the east are doing as they please.

Good.

This is what society should be about, people taking their own risks and establishments operating to their own standards.

Given the widespread vaccination campaign, with almost 50% of the population fully vaccinated -- including all the most vulnerable, there is simply no need for draconian restrictions.

Police officers that actively seek to punish these small businesses should be thoroughly ashamed of themselves. If I were an officer, I'd be on the side of the man in the street and the small business and not NPHET and Michael Martin.

Enough of the 21st-century nannying state, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭batman_oh

Was staying in Cavan last weekend and 2 local pubs had regulars inside. We were kept outside drinking. I'm sure it's going on in a lot of places by now

That event is making me cringe.

That event is making me cringe.

That event is idiocy on steroids.

Typical Ireland, actually.

I heard of a pub in a place that can’t be named that had to wake up the local constabulary officer and tell him go home.

It’s over.

• Advertisement

You can add the south to indoor pinting...

557516.png

And Sunday Times:
    557517.png

I wonder if the The Central banks warning might be listened to? I can’t imagine Paschal & McGrath are too happy at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,211 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Another pilot event today in Croke Park. 8,000 fans was great, but the entire stadium was open so there was gigantic distances between groups. What are we learning from this compete nonsense?

Sunday Independent reporting that Gardai will NOT be enforcing the domestic COVID pass.
    https://twitter.com/AlanEnglish9/status/1411439121982185472?s=20

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Another pilot event today in Croke Park. 8,000 fans was great, but the entire stadium was open so there was gigantic distances between groups. What are we learning from this compete nonsense?

We leaned that our government has all the ambition of a culled seal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Was at the Irish Open "pilot event" on Friday and was slightly flabbergasted by the email that came through days before saying mask wearing was compulsory at all times inside and outside. As many have said what can be gained from a pilot event with masks everywhere unless that's the plan going forward.

I wore a mask through the ticket check and then put it in my pocket for the rest of the day. The average person in Ireland is not on board for this nonsense and by my rough estimate it was 30/70 in terms of mask wearers to actual real life faces enjoying the outdoors.

I'm not sure if RTE reported this event accurately as I don't watch the news. I heard a general don't forget your mask maybe 3 or 4 times through the day. At one point the call was for "if you have a mask put it on for the next few minutes" probably because there were TV cameras around.

My God to go to such a beautiful green tree laden part of Ireland and wear a mask as you wander around is almost sacrilege. As with most of these nonsensical restrictions people only comply out of conformity and peer pressure and most people took off their mask when it wasn't an alienating thing to do.

The purpose of a pilot event is to test a return to normal conditions, those concerts are a joke and pure RTE propaganda.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

Sunday Independent reporting that Gardai will NOT be enforcing the domestic COVID pass.
    https://twitter.com/AlanEnglish9/status/1411439121982185472?s=20

Why are the government bothering at all so? Just say we advise not fully vaccinated people not to go and leave it at that. They'll go to a lot of cost and effort and it won't be enforced anyway. It feels like a token effort to appease NPHET which is just ridiculous, they are an advisory body.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Great to see one business owner call out this nonsense

https://twitter.com/Flanaganpubfood/status/1411430819206516738?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,239 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Shamelessly robbed from the Journal.ie comments, too good not to share.
    Hello? Is that the brewery? This is the government, we’re trying to organise a piss-up .

I’m sorry sir, this is a Spar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,962 ✭✭✭✭JRant

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    The fact that that headline is pitched as the Government defying NPHET is right there the entire problem!!

The Government are the ones supposed to be in charge! The only ones they're answerable to (supposedly!) is the electorate, not a group of ass-covering incompetent HSE staffers that have squandered billions of Euro through the mismanagement of our health service each year for decades.

Speaking of vast sums of money. Michael McNamara received a response from the HSE via a FOI request.

https://twitter.com/MlMcNamaraTD/status/1410932851005136901?s=19

Looks like the guts of 400 million has been spent to date on PCR testing. We'll probably clear half a billion before the year is out.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement