Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,583 ✭✭✭Penfailed

In that case, then yes, people are wrong to get worked up.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

A couple of comments from Varadkar today:

“”Ireland will get through the current summer Covid-19 wave without the need for further restrictions, according to Tánaiste Leo Varadkar.””

””The Tanaiste said that it is possible that the Government will ask people to wear masks in certain settings during the winter, but said he does not envisage a return of "restrictions that restrict people's freedoms or cause people's businesses to close."

However, he added that this could not ultimately be ruled out””

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

^^ That's pretty much saying that masks will be back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Leo and the government seem intent on bringing some restrictions back.

Is this a strategy to distract the public from rising bills and the property madness at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭thinkabouit

Brilliant 👏

Simply madness Covid is even been discussed at this stage

• Advertisement

The masks is a handy get out for the winter flu/COVID crisis

I reckon the above is a large part of it seeing as how nothing else has been done about it

And why is Leo saying what they might do when he hasn't received any advice from CMO

I thought CMO was deciding for government

Kite flying is annoying as fukk

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Allinall

According to the new CMO today she acknowledges that Covid will be around for the medium or longterm so we basically have to learn to live with it. Spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,335 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

• Advertisement

MM talking about personal responsibility and vaccination, not playing up masks

Really hard to know , it's like good cop bad cop with him and varadkar

It'll come down to the CMO anyhow politicians just talking sh1te to appease the public

To be fair there’s nothing new about that sentence. He always says that. It’s politics. His comments today are mostly positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Ok so after over two years of government kite flying and people like you telling us this that and the other won’t happen only for it to then happen we are now supposed to believe that no, no, no THIS time it’s different? I don’t think so. People are worried and they absolutely should be, after all they STILL haven’t done a single thing to improve the health service and as we all know that’s what this is all about, keeping the heat off the government and the HSE for their continued incompetence.

It'll surely come down to intensive care numbers

Lots of workplace disruption now but we're living with it

The politicians though are annoying as fukk cos they keep commenting on unknowns and decisions outside their expertise

Anyone ask the question why is the health service been upgraded ?

Nope just do nothing and blame retail workers and the likes. People out living there lives etc

Theyll have some answer ready about plans or reviews or enquiries usually

Nothing ever gets done

Didn't varadkar or Martin say ICU was the criteria for restrictions so the whole country is over a barrel over a few ICU spots

Sounds like they don't know MM and LV are saying the opposite to each other

Sounds like they're just trying to stay relevant and kite flying

MM is saying advisory plus vaccination so i reckon they'll push for advisory on masks and vaccination

Fatigue will set in if they keep shuffling mandatory restrictions I reckon but if they pull off an 'all in this together' coup I reckon that's the way to go

The PUP won't be €350 per week that's for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

The new Chief Medical Officer said today that we need to forget about testing at home now.

So people still buying antigen testing are not only wasting their money during a cost of living crisis, but also acting against the medical advice.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Advertisement

Hang on, I could say exactly the same about 'people like you'. December and January were full of posters saying we're never getting out of this/restrictions are going to be harsher, when I said the opposite. Guess what? I was right.

You're right about government and HSE incompetence though, I'll give you that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 9,150 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

2 ideas I see coming up here lately

One is that restrictions are coming back on account of the hospital figures that we have. In March we had twice the figures in hospital and ICU and there were no restrictions

If we don't all get vaccinated we run the risk of restrictions coming back. We had 92% vaccination last October and they rolled restrictions back after just two weeks of them being in place

I hope I've debunked those theories...

That farce of 8pm closing for places came in after we panicked and done SFA people binge drinking in pubs

Yep but de variants and the fact panic could set in by our leaders. Its a game who blinks first

99.5% of people do not want restrictions to return

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Jaysus a few of the lads showing their true colours now eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Yea a few honest people left

Never apologize

Fuk the begrudgers😀

• Registered Users Posts: 9,150 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

In fairness if they didn't blink in March with 1600+ cases in hospital and calls from unions/RTE etc etc I don't think they'll blink in the future

906 In hospital this morning with COVID, up by 130 from last week and up by 221 from 2 weeks ago... Worst case it should hit 1,000 by Friday or Monday

CMO warning of a big surge which will have an obvious effect on these figures, but an extra 600 would be a lot I think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭323

People of Cyprus pissed, as of Friday they're to wear masks again, whilst indoors, jabbed or not.

So basically admitting their jabs don't work and none of this was ever about health. Already been discussed here last week, so how long before our puppets try to push restrictions again? Another two weeks, or months or years to flatten the curve.

“Follow the trend lines, not the headlines,”

• Advertisement

Dunno not great them coming back during summer

Part of the problem seems to be the rules around self isolation, is there any need for all this absence from work now

Advertisement