Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

JRant wrote: »
    Interesting to see the courts in Portugal have decreased the "official" COVID death figures from 17,000 to 152.

That is very interesting..

Because you can't eat inside in a pub or restaurant??
    I don't know about you but I'd consider that a strange hill to die on tbh.

How can you still not be getting that it's not about being able to eat inside a café?

I can just imagine you sitting in front of the television one night. In The Name of the Father is on. The film ends. Everyone is touched by the film. You are absolutely baffled.

"I don't understand Giuseppe Conlon's problem", you mewl, plaintively. "All that complaining just because he can't go out for a pint".

• Registered Users Posts: 7,897 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Interesting to see the courts in Portugal have decreased the "official" COVID death figures from 17,000 to 152.

Not this **** again, no they didnt

b0nk1e wrote: »
    How can you still not be getting that it's not about being able to eat inside a café?

I can just imagine you sitting in front of the television one night. In The Name of the Father is on. The film ends. Everyone is touched by the film. You are absolutely baffled.

"I don't understand Giuseppe Conlon's problem", you mewl, plaintively. "All that complaining just because he can't go out for a pint".

I absolutely get where you're coming from and agree that it's a hell of a lot more than simply not being able to eat or drink inside...

But that comparison was ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭M_Murphy57

b0nk1e wrote: »

"I don't understand Giuseppe Conlon's problem", you mewl, plaintively. "All that complaining just because he can't go out for a pint"

I want to like this post twice :-)

• Advertisement

I absolutely get where you're coming from and agree that it's a hell of a lot more than simply not being able to eat or drink inside...

But that comparison was ****e.
    M_Murphy57 wrote: »
    I want to like this post twice :-)

I stand corrected :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Hurrache wrote: »
    It's not a trend, disturbing or not. If you post nonsense, contrary to science everywhere, it's not my opinion, you're simply wrong, and there's no arguing that masks are effective.

How come science never told us to wear masks to save people from other airborne respiratory viruses, like the flu??

Not this **** again, no they didnt

I missed it, what's the story behind it?

Fandymo wrote: »
    How come science never told us to wear masks to save people from other airborne respiratory viruses, like the flu??

Probably didn't dawn on Science until now duh

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭normanoffside

TefalBrain wrote: »
    God help us if we ever had a natural disaster or massive terrorist attack etc..

If that happened Tony would be worried in case the victims caught Covid.

• Advertisement

Public transport increasing to 75% capacity from the 19th. Due to go to full capacity in August

https://twitter.com/RTENewsPaulC/status/1412449487059046400?s=19

Actual relaxation of restrictions have no place on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,210 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

2 counties in California have revised their death counts down by 22% and 25% respectively. It confirms that things like car accidents and shootings of people who happened to test positive were previously included in the covid death stats. Tip of the iceberg no doubt and if every county follows suit, it could see the US total deaths drop by a fair amount

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2021/07/02/santa-clara-county-revises-covid-death-toll-down/

https://www.mercurynews.com/2021/06/04/nearly-a-quarter-of-alameda-countys-covid-deaths-werent-due-to-covid/

Interesting to see this falsehood has made its way here too.

https://news.in-24.com/news/88172.html

A bit of cop on wouldn’t go astray. 30 seconds on google identifies this as untrue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

Public transport increasing to 75% capacity from the 19th. Due to go to full capacity in August

That’s very good news, and very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭prunudo

Madness, what about the delta variant??

Have you not being paying attention the last 10 days, delta only cares about hospitality, particularly pubs and other nightlife establishments.

prunudo wrote: »
    Have you not being paying attention the last 10 days, delta only cares about hospitality, particularly pubs and other nightlife establishments.

The Irish delta (not to be confused with Indian delta) is particular lethal. Its going to wipe us all out despite there being no evidence of same from other countries with similar vaccination rates.

prunudo wrote: »

Yep, the virus loves alcohol don’t forget.

A real whore for the cider I believe!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

But but but, the country is closed!! What will I be angry about now??

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭kieran26

I'm sure everybody enjoys a nice trip to the bus as a social outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Perhaps you don't remember but there was a time when public transport didnt have capacity limits (beyond what could actual fit onto the bus etc). Same way there was a time when i could bring my granny out for lunch in a building with a roof on it. Same way there was a time i could go to a concert and not be kept in a sheep pen.

Your continued denial that there has been and still are persistent interruptions to our normal way of life is as insane as people who deny that the virus exists at all.

Until EVERY last vestige of covid restrictions and rules are consigned to the dustbin, we've got a big f*cking problem so perhaps you should beg whoever it is that forces you to read this thread for mercy.

• Advertisement

If Tony Holohan is really being paid excessive amounts for advice, it is unsurprising to me now why this has persisted in the way that it has.

If Tony Holohan is really being paid excessive amounts for advice, it is unsurprising to me now why this has persisted in the way that it has.

He is paid a salary as cmo. If everything opens tomorrow he will still be cmo

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

He is paid a salary as cmo. If everything opens tomorrow he will still be cmo

Don't be confusing us with information - you know that's not on at all ...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Phishnet wrote: »
    I see Israel has dropped the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine from 93% to 64% for both preventing infections and symptomatic illness. I guess Pfizer’s claims, like Astra Zeneca, are a bit off in the real world.

So maybe Tony knows more than what he is letting on.

Who claimed 93%, it's over 90% stopping hospitalizations and near 100% stopping deaths. Tony was claiming 2000 deaths in 3 months.

I see Israel has dropped the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine from 93% to 64% for both preventing infections and symptomatic illness. I guess Pfizer’s claims, like Astra Zeneca, are a bit off the mark in the real world. Given the manufacturers previous histories regarding their pharmaceutical products, I expected nothing more.

It’s a flawed study. The unvaccinated population in Israel with delta skews very young relative to the vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 16,020 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Your right Pfizer originally claimed 95% efficacy, I stand corrected.

Against the Delta variant, are you sure. You seem happy about this. You not think hospitalizations and deaths are more important.

I see Israel has dropped the efficacy of the Pfizer vaccine from 93% to 64% for both preventing infections and symptomatic illness. I guess Pfizer’s claims, like Astra Zeneca, are a bit off the mark in the real world. Given the manufacturers previous histories regarding their pharmaceutical products, I expected nothing more.

I doubt it.

If there was any truth to this Philip nolan would be running his crappy model and posting the results on twitter "proving" 36% of the Irish population were facing their inevitable deaths*. RTE would meltdown furiously posting doom click bait by the minute.

There's no way Tony "knows" this and isn't using it as an excuse to kill all joy in life. Which, to me anyway, indicates your stats are off.

*no, thats not what 64% effective means, but sadly Philip nolan doesn't.

There appears to be more and more flawed studies on these vaccines.

Well two studies by PHE and Canada found 88% and one by Israel found 64%. Yet the 64% one is flavour of the day

eskimohunt wrote: »

To be quite honest I would be less worried about Tony Holohan’s salary when I compare it to the salary of Paul Reid.

Holohan’s remit is public health, I have issues with Holohan, most of which we aren’t allowed talk about here but hes earned more of his salary than Paul Reid who earns €350k plus per year and is overseeing a health service that has had huge sums pumped into it and finds itself almost at critical limit with the low numbers currently in hospitals and icu, a health service full to the brim with overpaid administrators creaking at the seams for decades.

From someone who’s had experience of dealing with them in the past from a non medical work point of view the business acumen of the people involved was borderline negligent. At one stage I had to convince them we actually owed them money, multiple times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

the kelt wrote: »
    To be quite honest I would be less worried about Tony Holohan’s salary when I compare it to the salary of Paul Reid.

Holohan’s remit is public health, Paul Reid earns €350k plus per year and is overseeing a health service that has had huge sums pumped into it and finds itself almost at critical limit with the low numbers currently in hospitals and icu, a health service full to the brim with overpaid administrators creaking at the seams for decades.

From someone who’s had experience of dealing with them in the past from a non medical work point of view the business acumen of the people involved was borderline negligent. At one stage I had to convince them we actually owed them money, multiple times!

€426,000 last year, including allowances, the mind boggles. :confused:

Advertisement