Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Its not like Tony would be against an independent review now would he.

Watch, he'll threaten to resign if the Government questions his fake numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,636 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

growleaves wrote: »
    They're going ahead with the vaccine discrimination thing. How awful.

The reason that vaccine passes work in other countries is they also allow antigen tests to clear people, reducing the discrimination. As usual, we’re taking a reasonable enough plan and ‘modifying’ it into a worse version.

growleaves wrote: »
    They're going ahead with the vaccine discrimination thing. How awful.
    Causing alot of unnecessary hassle for everyone. It's going to be a nightmare. We have to put a stop to this, somehow. It defies logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

RobitTV wrote: »
    The outdoor / indoor pubs are going to be havoc across England tonight.

Tony is already concerned about people celebrating across the sea.

And we give him the freedom of Dublin. How quickly people forget…. There are times that I’m ashamed to be Irish. It pains me to say that…

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭Tenzor07

It's being suggested their final wave is reaching its peak around now, with very very manageable levels of hospitalization. This is with months of loose restrictions and using a less effective vaccine with one dose as the main one we have used for our population.

NPHET know that, Holohan and Nolan will come out of the end of August looking like heroes for "saving" the nation as the case numbers are in the low double figures and no deaths... MMartin and Varadkar will eventually recommend disbanding NPHET and making Holohan the next President of Ireland..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The reason that vaccine passes work in other countries is they also allow antigen tests to clear people, reducing the discrimination. As usual, we’re taking a reasonable enough plan and ‘modifying’ it into a worse version.

NPHET have a fundamental hatred of antigen tests. Philip Nolan called them "snake oil". This is the same man who is responsible for the modelling numbers. No wonder we're in the position we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Wembley tonight. Holohan is having nightmare flashbacks to 2019.

Hold firm everyone. #Holdfirm

https://twitter.com/Ankaman616/status/1409936471151333377

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

It looks like the media are turning on the government

We might finally have a fourth estate

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

b0nk1e wrote: »
    Watch, he'll threaten to resign.

The absolute best thing that could happen for the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭HalfAndHalf

gozunda wrote: »
    So your telling me what I said is 'a lie by taking a single line out of context when discussing hospitalisation? And that even though I've clarified that for you already? Grand so...

Who mentioned "eliminate" :confused:?

Again this is what is stated

Or do you dispute that as well?

LOL, you’ve gone back and changed your original post!!!

This is what you posted and this is is what I quoted, it’s there for everyone to see!!!

Quote: gozunda
    Simple because it is very relevant with regard to the comment in question. And that figure relates to All vaccines.

According to the latest data the figure for hospitalisation is 71% (not 80% btw) for Astrazeneca only - but equally I could ask why you only rely on that figure? As detailed it is recommended that everyone gets both doses ASAP to prevent getting sick in the first place. Or is it that you know better?

Why take part in a thread if you’re going to edit your posts when someone calls you out! Pathetic and reported!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,676 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Stheno wrote: »

Nope - the government will just buy more air time to keep them quiet.

eskimohunt wrote: »

Hahaha the corrected error makes it even more pessimistic. Hilarious if it wasn't so serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭RobitTV

Finally some TD's have found a bloody backbone...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

What an absolute ****show. They can't even write a letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

So even the most optimistic scenario is 250 deaths which is 83 deaths per month

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tigerbalm_eu

And we give him the freedom of Dublin. How quickly people forget…. There are times that I’m ashamed to be Irish. It pains me to say that…

They could get Aung San Suu Kyi to get it back from him.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭agoodpunt

Beirut wrote: »
    It's Fianna Fail. They have a track record of ruining the country. Why did anyone expect any other outcome. He needs to go now, he's done

Really ur head is up ur a r s e this is not limited to our weak govt the opp want to close the airport and full lockdown not a f c u king murmur for these brain bead excuse for life, being paid 100k 1/2 untaxed pensioned & milking exps
    so there u go MF.

After everything we've been told since the virus came here, and all the sacrifices and restrictions we've made to our short lives, to come out with the delay today is just unacceptable. Why are we letting them do this to us. There can't be any hope for the winter with this way of thinking. I'm hoping the Irish people will rise up and say; enough is enough. Not getting my hopes up though.

Nanny state exposed, and now they've agreed to divide us, red or green QR code. I'm really sorry for laughing at people as I browsed the 'Don't be a boiling frog' thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Just watching George Lee on RTÉ, when did he become a NPHet cheerleader? Realistically pubs and restaurants can write off opening this summer, it’s obvious Tony H is in charge. Government should be honest and say there’s no point in pretending it’s only a couple of weeks, it’ll be next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

titan18 wrote: »
    I'm cork south central. Not sure emailing Martin, McGrath or Coveney will do any good here unfortunately

I'm the same constituency as you and I was opening up my email to send a message to them but once i looked at the names i just thought "f*ck it, there's absolutely no point".

agoodpunt wrote: »
    Really ur head is up ur a r s e this is not limited to our weak govt the opp want to close the airport and full lockdown not a f c u king murmur for these brain bead excuse for life, being paid 100k 1/2 untaxed pensioned & milking exps
    so there u go MF.
    They ruined the country before and now they are leading as it happens again. Am I wrong

Edit: Also, I never said anything about the opposition. I'm talking about fianna fail

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    So even the most optimistic scenario is 250 deaths which is 83 deaths per month

83 deaths a month equates to an average of a little under 3 a day, if the Delta was affecting everybody equally you'd need 100 cases a day (3% fatality on average) but thanks to vaccination the main risk of infection is in the 20-35 age group... How many daily cases will we need to cause death in 3 healthy people in that age group?

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

Just watching George Lee on RTÉ, when did he become a NPHet cheerleader? Realistically pubs and restaurants can write off opening this summer, it’s obvious Tony H is in charge. Government should be honest and say there’s no point in pretending it’s only a couple of weeks, it’ll be next year

RTÉ is The Governments mouthpiece

Donnelly on RTE Radio 1 earlier confirmed NPHET are in charge of national policy. He said cabinet will go with NPHET recommendations because they are the experts. Dobbo did challenge him on the projections and Donnelly just repeated the line that NPHET are the experts and that's that. Tony and NPHET are firmly in control of the country at this point and it's pretty much undeniable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

gozunda wrote: »
    Did you mean to link to an article about Dublin Bus celebrating pride?

No I did'nt.

I' believe the "just over 2000" figure came from official tallies

This from the CSO

https://www.cso.ie/en/releasesandpublications/br/b-cdc/covid-19deathsandcasesseries19/
    Since the start of the pandemic, the total number of people who have died due to COVID-19 in Ireland is 2,096, with a further 231 deaths cited as probable deaths linked to the virus.

Thank God for the CSO,so to the 8th January 2,096 deaths from Covid19. ?

Anything for Jan 8th to Date ?

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭ArthurDayne

Stheno wrote: »

Apparently Micheál is going to be live on RTÉ momentarily so we shall see if he is subject a proper cross-examination or the polite and totally non-adversarial examination-in-chief we have come to expect from their presenters throughout the pandemic.

For a man with his previous background in business, finance and economics, I never heard as much support for nphet and all of its decisions they have made and the economic costs from keeping parts of the economy closed, resulting from such decisions as from Mr Lee. Guess he is missing being part of dail eireann.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

83 deaths a month equates to an average of a little under 3 a day, if the Delta was affecting everybody equally you'd need 100 cases a day (3% fatality on average) but thanks to vaccination the main risk of infection is in the 20-35 age group... How many daily cases will we need to cause death in 3 healthy people in that age group?

99.9% of deaths NPHET expect to the be in the over 40s

• Advertisement

eskimohunt wrote: »

Sure look, which of us has never managed to get our numbers out by 51% when using them to make a decision on whether hundreds of thousands of people and thousands of small businesses are to be banned from working/operating or not for more than a year.

Lee has been an NPHET cheerleader since before NPHET was convened.

Advertisement