Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,235 ✭✭✭✭km79

NoDrama wrote: »
    UK cases up 72% from last week
    https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

We are always behind the UK..

They got to enjoy a few months thought didn’t they ?
    If those delta numbers come to pass we will be locked down again over winter no matter what we do
    And we won’t have had a summer to give us a release
    Again

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭muddypuppy

Yes, because the gobs in this country are not deciding it.

ahah, you wish. Countries officially have 6 weeks to adopt the green pass starting the 1st of July. We're already starting late compared to a lot of other EU countries. So they could easily and legally push it back this much. After that they've already started talking about emergency brakes, so it's easy to use that as an excuse.
    And after 6 weeks have passed, what can the EU do anyway? They can fine Ireland, but that's about it. Things might go to courts, and any fine will likely be thrown in the bin, but that will already add weeks/months to travel.

I hope to be wrong, but as I said before I would bet money on non-essential travel not restarting on the 19th.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭landofthetree

NoDrama wrote: »
    UK cases up 72% from last week
    https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

We are always behind the UK..

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1409901257070874630

The UK has roughly 13 times our population.

So the equivalent for Ireland would be 21 in ICU and 132 in hospital. Thats after weeks of opening and rising cases.

We currently have 16 in ICU and 46 in hospital.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ballynally

shockframe wrote: »
    Lee needs to step away for a while.

Looking at him wallow in people's misery is going too far.

It is one of the reasons i no longer watch the news.
    The way his voice jumps when he gets excited about some particulary bad forecast is truely pathetic.
    'Health correspondent', me arse

Donnelly is annoying me so much
    “We are looking at “
    “ we will look at “
    It’s nearly bloody JULY
    What have they been “looking at” when every other country in Europe has opened up indoor dining already

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

No tribunals after this

Listening to Donnelly right now it should be jail time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

How are they going to police household visits?

I've friends over. They've no proof of vaccination or indeed theyve had Covid. Ridiculous idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭shockframe

Fair play to Sarah McInerney.

Was impresssive against Eoghan Harris and now Donnelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Where's the report from outside Wembley Stadium where there all dropping like flies because of the scary Delta Variant ?

They can't report it as they've all dropped dead obviously

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

No, they won't be getting an external review of the nphet data, so basically our data is good, we know better than every other expert out there and you can all take a jump.

• Advertisement

Miriam shouting down Verona

Pathetic

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

km79 wrote: »
    Donnelly is annoying me so much
    “We are looking at “
    “ we will look at “
    It’s nearly bloody JULY
    What have they been “looking at” when every other country in Europe has opened up indoor dining already

He is looking at his big salary and can’t comprehend the big figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,604 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Such absolute bluster and rubbish from Verona Murphy

Most anger I have had and seen to be fair.

Total F up by the Gov.

Sense of disbelief as well especially when we seemed to be on the reopening road.

So if you don’t agree with NPHET you are a conspiracy theorist

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Happy to see one of my TDs, who I actually know quite well, was one who tried to stand up to this nonsense.

"Public Expenditure and Reform Minister Michael McGrath reportedly hit out at what he said was the “grenade” having been “lobbed on our desks” by Nphet."

Daniel McConnell: Reopening farce a mess of Government's own making
    https://www.irishexaminer.com/opinion/commentanalysis/arid-40325555.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭newhouse87

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/england-fans-go-wild-three-24424467

Imagine what tony and meek micheal would do if we actually got to the euros, tony does know better then every other european cmo though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

So if you don’t agree with NPHET you are a conspiracy theorist

Pretty much. Same with everything nowadays. Dangerous wrong think and instead of challenging the point, you attack the person and try and discredit them and not their arguments.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭1992ChainGang

She spoke really well, just because she said she wants an independent review of NPHETS modelling she was called a conspiracy theorist.

Bananas

• Registered Users Posts: 11,670 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Very interesting comment from Daniel McConnell of the Examiner, who's usually fairly on the ball.

"Some have suggested that Dr Holohan, having gone toe-to-toe with the Government before — and won — knew what he was doing with this latest "grenade" and that a highly cautious Taoiseach was not going to defy his recommendation.

I met McNamara in the Dáil canteen yesterday and I mentioned his question as to who runs the country.

“Now we know,” came the curt response."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

For wanting an independent review of the modelling?

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Relax brah

A lot of conspiracy theorists in this thread

She spoke really well, just because she said she wants an independent review of NPHETS modelling she was called a conspiracy theorist.

Bananas

Can I add that independent reviews are the norm in science. In fact, that's what makes science robust - reviews of other studies / analysis.

The fact that those who request such reviews are now condemned as 'conspiracy theorists' isn't following the science.

It's absolutely anathema to the scientific method.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,589 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

FactCheck: Is Ireland one of the only countries in Europe without indoor dining? https://jrnl.ie/5480750

We are an embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Question for you

What does NPHET stand for

That will give you an idea of their expertise...

National Public Hype Emergency Team? What do you think it stands for?

I know the E is Emergency, and not any derivation of the word "expert". And that last time I went looking at the panel in detail a few months ago quite a few of them hadn't any recent ground-level medical expertise, and there didn't seem to be anyone remotely qualified to consider the mental health aspects of repeated restrictions/lockdowns.
    The senior members are effectively high level managers, exactly the same as in any large organisation. Their skill isn't medical, it's having the callousness to take the flak for whatever, get a cushy payment, and move on without caring how their actions actually affect real people.

That's their expertise. Actually, maybe the E is for Expedient.
    I think the H might be Hopeless.
    Irrelevant to this sorry now

In fairness, that's far more of an apology than Holohan ever gave for anything.

Like insisting it was safe to visit nursing homes when those actually running them were trying to contain a blindingly obvious threat. That's the medical expert you're hanging your hopes on?

Aided by his able assistant, Philip "I don't believe in contact tracing" Nolan.
    The ... datamancer? ... who manifests unquestionable predictions from thin air, while eschewing the types of verifiable data gathering practised by mere mortals such as the WHO.

Still, I guess it's some form of progress. At least the new national religious institution allows female members.

Relax brah wrote: »
    A lot of conspiracy theorists in this thread

A lot of them have sadly been proven right

titan18 wrote: »
    Pretty much. Same with everything nowadays. Dangerous wrong think and instead of challenging the point, you attack the person and try and discredit them and not their arguments.

That’s cancel culture and we seem to have embraced it here even if unwittingly.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    FactCheck: Is Ireland one of the only countries in Europe without indoor dining? https://jrnl.ie/5480750

We are an embarrassment

I actually didn't know if this was true or not.

This is disgusting.

NPHET are treating the Irish population to a different standard to the rest of Europe.

It's nuts.

And it makes you angry when you consider the livelihoods decimated as a result of this decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

Barry Cowen on tonight show clearly has enough of the dildo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

Stheno wrote: »
    They were working from home and despite restrictions in place a year ago chose not to do so due to company pressure

Clearly not essential if as they themselves posted, their performance at home was dinw

Afaik the guidelines were that employees should "work from home if at all possible"

Most employers got to call those shots. Not employees.

Dinw?

Advertisement