Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Multipass

Feria40 wrote: »
    A definite date for reopening.. for the fully vacinated.

Not good enough.

Given social distancing rules, the fully vacinated will be sufficient footfall for restaurants. They are reasonably happy with this turn of events (all things considered) once they can open on the 19th.

Everyone else still gets screwed.

Hopefully they’ll agree but then ignore the ‘rule’. If I book a table for 6 family members and turn up with my early 20s offspring, are they really going to lose the table on the spot. It’s going to happen a lot. The entire country should make fake HSE vaccine cards and pull the piss out of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,913 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

MOR316 wrote: »
    "My body, my choice"

Or does that only come into play when it suits a certain agenda?

So in order to actually be apart of society and to be accepted, some people have to take a vaccine they either;

1. Don't want.
    2. Don't trust and would rather wait Pfizer and Moderna for example
    3. If you can't take it for health reasons, you're excluded from society
    4. If you haven't been offered one due to age, you're excluded from society.

Society being pubs, clubs, restaurants, travel, cinemas, theatres etc...

You think that's perfectly fine?

For the record I think this is unworkable and stupid for dining.

There are many way this government can stop people from doing others can so in that way your body your choice does not work here. So again does not doing against discrimination laws

Edit: you can still go to all those things except clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

LOL

That one has wore thin a while back Mary.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Godot.

Tony doesn't live in the real world. Simple as that. We're the laughing stock of Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

Phishnet wrote: »
    I would like to give readers the true figures from the UK for Delta Variant Deaths in the last week.

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

I will leave it there.

So what's you solution? Live like in lockdown forever?

• Advertisement

growleaves wrote: »
    Discrimination on medical grounds and may be technically illegal. But it's wrong and has the potential to create social division whether it's illegal or not.

May agree with this. I do think this is idiotic and unworkable for dining. Anyone who is vaccinated could give there card to anyone

Fils wrote: »
    That one has wore thin a while back Mary.

????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I was vaccined today and had a chat with the nurse administering the jab. She hadn't seen Martin's speech but when I explained the new measures she immediately said "it's all down to the drink you know" and she's right. This is all down to the lack of trust of the general public to behave should things open further. Holohan seeing the carry on in Dublin first hand many weeks back was the nail in the coffin for July 5th. A man who is staunch anti alcohol is in charge of the reopening of Pubs and Restaurants.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

eskimohunt wrote: »
    I've never attended a protest in my life.

If this comes to fruition, I'll definitely be joining them.

There are some things worth fighting for, and this is one of them.

I'm in the same boat too. Never attended a protest before but I'll definitely join this. I've never felt so strongly opposed to government decisions before in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TefalBrain

I would like to give readers the true figures from the UK for Delta Variant Deaths in the last week.

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

I will leave it there.

That's it? For a country of 62m people? You'd fit that on a double decker bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

https://twitter.com/RiochtConor2/status/1409988135287767040?s=19

Absolutely no increase in deaths. It's just so unfortunate that this HSE Data Hacking won't give us access to the death numbers here and won't likely for the future. So unfortunate.

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

I will leave it there.

Where did you get these not disagreeing with you

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

I will leave it there.

By the way, this is routinely shared all over the place and it is incredibly misleading.

First, vaccines are not 100% protective. In fact, no medicine is. Those with severe underlying issues and those who are comorbid with being very old / on the verge of death, will still suffer from COVID-19 in ways that younger vaccinated people will not.

Vaccines are not intended to be a 100% panacea.

When you see stats like the above, bear the above analysis in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,233 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

NEPHET and Tony Holohan are the equivalent of the Catholic Church in the sixties as run by John Charles McQuaid, like McQuaid Tony believes no one should ever question his pronouncements, both equally arrogant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭Martin567

READ THE FIGURES AGAIN.

MORE PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM THE COVID DELTA VARIANT THAT HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED THAN THOSE WHO ARE NOT VACCINATED AT ALL!

So answer the question you were asked.

What is your solution? Stop vaccinating immediately? Stay locked down forever?

Talk of protests is all well and good but they take time to organise, time to be semi-fobbed off while the government "considers" things etc. Open up and see what they do. I've seen very few who won't support them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

More people have died in the UK from the Delta variant Covid virus that have been fully vaccinated than those who have not been vaccinated at all.

I will leave it there.

Show me your evidence they died from covid and not with covid.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

READ THE FIGURES AGAIN.

MORE PEOPLE HAVE DIED FROM THE COVID DELTA VARIANT THAT HAVE BEEN FULLY VACCINATED THAN THOSE WHO ARE NOT VACCINATED AT ALL!

And?

Can you disseminate those figures and provide some of your own analysis?

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Sofa King Great

READ THE FIGURES AGAIN.

Or those who are fully vaccinated are more likely to be older and therefore more susceptible to adverse impacts from the virus?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Feria40

TefalBrain wrote: »
    That's it? For a country of 62m people? You'd fit that on a double decker bus.

And it's old rope at this stage but from those deaths in the UK over the past week, what was there underlying health status? What age cohort did they fall into?

50 deaths occurred amongst the fully vacinated you say, is it possible that these poor folk were elderly for the most part?

Not being ageist by the way, but we already know that average age of death for a Covid patient is well into their 80's. People in their 80's who by in large have pre-existing conditions, predominantly related to heart health.

Does your source link for the UK Covid death rate include the above data?

If not then I am afraid it's worthless. Covid will be endemic for a number of years. After Delta we will have Delta+, followed by an alphabet soup of other variants. Some people will continue to die from Covid for a long time into the future, hopefully not many but definitely some. Even among the fully vacinated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Jinglejangle69

READ THE FIGURES AGAIN.

SHOW US THE EVIDENCE THEY DIED FROM COVID AND NOT WITH COVID!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Has Tony given an indication yet of when - sometime in the future - all restrictions will be removed?

2 months, maybe?

2 months? NPHET are predicting scenes akin to 28 Days Later for August and September. Next year more like.

89c2764f16af678216a231794ad67bffd12f1fbd773739d011aa18142bd634fd._V_SX1080_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,320 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

statto25 wrote: »
    I was vaccined today and had a chat with the nurse administering the jab. She hadn't seen Martin's speech but when I explained the new measures she immediately said "it's all down to the drink you know" and she's right. This is all down to the lack of trust of the general public to behave should things open further. Holohan seeing the carry on in Dublin first hand many weeks back was the nail in the coffin for July 5th. A man who is staunch anti alcohol is in charge of the reopening of Pubs and Restaurants.

I don’t disagree with this and it think it was apparent around the end of last summer as some marches started to happen that there was less respect for space and distancing amongst pubs which were allowed to be open than in more formal cafe/restaurant settings. This is natural and understandable for the most part. However, I have no faith in the modelling. The results are just too absurd and, so far as I can tell, no particular accord has been given to the Ik’s 8 weeks of experience is living with an increasingly dominant Delta variant. It would not be possible to carve pubs out of the reopening as it would be electoral suicide. However, I think this is the worst of all worlds. (Other than rampaging Ebola, of course.)

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

More people have died in the UK from the Delta variant Covid virus that have been fully vaccinated than those who have not been vaccinated at all.

I will leave it there.

What part of the uk population have been fully vaccinated? Those most likely to both die from Covid and most likely to have a reduced protection from the vaccine. Over 80’s have a 13.4% chance of dying from Covid. Nearly all being fully vaxxed reduces their chances of getting symptomatic Covid by 95%, but if they do, they still have high risk of dying. 5% x 13.4%= 0.67%. Unvaccinated are largely under 40 and have less than 0.1% chance of dying of Covid. That is why your numbers, though correct, are entirely misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

This is a decent article from the UK

Why most people who now die with Covid in England have had a vaccination
    David Spiegelhalter and Anthony Masters

https://amp.theguardian.com/theobserver/commentisfree/2021/jun/27/why-most-people-who-now-die-with-covid-have-been-vaccinated?__twitter_impression=true&s=04&fbclid=IwAR2QdUHdKbebkgHNypuKHx4g0Q93-M3nKmkHzxkOrVM9sAM6ZFhzsuY3hRc

• Registered Users Posts: 18,244 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

I will leave it there.

Best solution at this point is to burn down the entire country.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,395 ✭✭✭prunudo

The discrimination argument over the vaccine certs could be easily solved if they had implemented antigen testing here. Most European countries seem to offer the cert to vaccinated, recovering or those with negative tests.
    Now why none of this was planned for over the last 6 months is as inexcusable as nphets modeling programmes. But again the cmo seems to be the common denominator.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

I will leave it there.

They haven’t died from the DElta variant.

They have died with the delta variant.

Big difference.

And once again you need to realise that everyone who gets the vaccinations is going to die.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,580 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Best solution at this point is to burn down the entire country.

The lads up north will be pissed off because they are planning that on the 12th

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

117 total deaths.

44 unvaccinated

23 single dose

50 fully vaccinated

I will leave it there.

All 50 fully vaccinated people could have been on death's door before they got the vaccine. Unless more details are given about the people involved those stats essentially mean nothing.

Advertisement